What’s your vice?

maniac

I know it’s a broad subject but let me explain, some people like to drink, smoke or some people like to eat or some like to gamble. What’s your vice?

Not everything has to be extreme.

For examples- A person I know in my family doesn’t drink, smoke and is very health conscious but he loves coffee and that’s his vice.

Another example I know this guy who is academically brilliant, works for a famous corporation, no bad habits, doesn’t swear, through and through family guy but he loves his Indian movies, pretty much has watched ever other Indian movie (Hindi and regional) on streaming services some even we have never heard of . I would say that’s his vice.

let me start with mine, I enjoy the odd alcoholic beverage (Mostly beer and rarely may be the odd whisky) . Maybe drinking is not a big deal these days but coming from a conservative family it is in my family.

So I consider the odd alcoholic beverage as my vice. What’s yours?

19 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Internet. Hopefully will cut down on it big-time within a year or so.

That’s actually a very good point. Internet especially SM is a big vice that we don’t think is a serious issue. I am not on twitter and I hardly checked Fb,insta in ages but still waste a lot of time online. I think with the current situation this will only get worse and will be almost impossible to be cut down :(( 

Internet....time wasting in general. Also music, anything in moderation is good but wasting half the day means it should be classified as vice. TV shows no more, even movies or watching sports I have cut down on drastically. I enjoy little bit of White Rum and Vodka every now and then, nothing excessive. Had some terrible vices in college which I don't want to discuss on public platform. 

4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Internet....time wasting in general. Also music, anything in moderation is good but wasting half the day means it should be classified as vice. TV shows no more, even movies or watching sports I have cut down on drastically. I enjoy little bit of White Rum and Vodka every now and then, nothing excessive. Had some terrible vices in college which I don't want to discuss on public platform. 

I guess having a wild time in college is kind of understood for most unless it interfered in your studies/personal life or it got carried forward post college .

Just now, Stradlater said:

Procrastination

What causes that? Is it the internet? Or is your vice just getting in as much sleep as possible? 

I mean I want to start an online course and then someone sends me or I come across a YouTube video and that starts a rabbit hole and the day is poof gone.

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

I guess having a wild time in college is kind of understood for most unless it interfered in your studies/personal life or it got carried forward post college .

I had the lowest of lows in college, being in Goa with wrong crowd didn't help but not giving excuses, I am 100% responsible for my actions. Messed up at least 4 years of my life, 2 in college and 2 after the graduation. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

What causes that? Is it the internet? Or is your vice just getting in as much sleep as possible? 

I mean I want to start an online course and then someone sends me or I come across a YouTube video and that starts a rabbit hole and the day is poof gone.

I read a lot. Mostly History with no relevance to my career choice. Keep postponing reading the real course stuff and wastes my whole energy into devouring useless medieval crap. 

Internet, for watching shows(especially these days my vice is anime for some reason lol)

Enjoying a nice drink(whiskey or beer in moderation)

Watching a nice tennis match

Listening to good music(especially the oldies of indian, spanish and english music)

These are at the top of my list.

Just now, MechEng said:

How is listening to classical music and drinking coffee is considered a vice? You do have some real high standards here.

Coffee is technically considered a low tier “bad habit”. Haven’t you ever heard oh so and so is such a good boy/girl doesn’t even drink Tea/coffee etc?

35 minutes ago, maniac said:

Coffee is technically considered a low tier “bad habit”. Haven’t you ever heard oh so and so is such a good boy/girl doesn’t even drink Tea/coffee etc?

Then I'm basically the anti-christ with 5-6 cups a day consumption.