Toe the line, ICF

Mariyam

Results of the Qualifying round 31 posters have participated in the inaugural ICF Toe the Line contest. The answer to quite a many questions have been surprising, to say the least. Not everyone has answered every question. Q1. Who has been the best India's best PM since independence? Atal Bihari Vajpayee- 17 votes Indira Gandhi- 5 Pandit Nehru- 4 Lal Bahadur Shastri- 1 Sachin -1 :confused: ( Completely beats me, Raghav and MTC haven't been a part of the game) Rajiv Gandhi - 1. Not really surprised, the site does have a very strong BJP tilt. Most people voted for ABV even though, objectively speaking, his legacy on the future may not be as great as that of others. Surprisingly, no mentions for PV Narsimha Rao. Q2.Which cricketers facial features resemble that of a horse? Ishant Sharma- 13 votes. Someone rightly mentioned, he isn't called lambi race ka ghoda by the commentators for nothing. Ashwin, Dhoni and Sreesanth are all at a distant second place- with 2 votes apiece. Gul, Imran Khan, Nehra, Agarkar, Tanvir, Gayle, Akmal, Tremlett have also received mentions. Q3. Most boring IPL side? DC edge out PWI by 1 vote. DC- 10 PWI-9 CSK, RR and MI -3 votes each. What is really infuriating is that 2 of the 3 votes for the MI have come from quislings who stay in Mumbai. The other one has come from a jealous Northie. Q4.Best Pakistani poster on ICF Utalk- 22 Wins this by a landslide. Asim- 3 Nballa, L'etranger (apparently he is an articulate Pakistani), Sarkar and Panther also have received mentions. Q5. Coolest smiley on ICF? :icflove: wins this. 5 votes. A whole host of other smileys on 3 votes each. Q6. Best batsman of the last 5 years? We have a tie here: Tendulkar and Amla both on 8 votes. (people who have voted for either get half a point) Q7. Name a famous Swedish person Bjorn Borg- 10 votes ( And I've never even heard of him/her :confused:) Alfred Nobel - 5 votes Federer - 3 votes ( guys, he's Swiss, not Swedish) Bergmann- 3 votes Amitabh Bachchan and Zlatan Ibrahamovic also got mentions. Q8.Name an Indian English language author Chetan Bhagat - 10 votes Arundhati Roy- 5 votes RK Narayan- 4 votes Salman Rushdie- 3 votes Amitav Ghosh, PG Wodehouse, SRK, Vikram Seth, Mariyam have also received mentions. Q9.Name a movie starring Akshay Kumar and Saif Ali Khan Main Khiladi Tu Anari- 17 votes. Tashan, Tu chor main sipahi, won undertaker wala movie :confused: , khiladi 420 and aarzo are the other answers. Q10. Zaheer, Irfan, Nehra, Sreesanth - pick the odd one out. (you may give reasons too). Sreesanth- 24 votes. Among the reasons, some were he's a southie he's into meditation he's a duffer professional dancer right arm bowler buffoon primate rest don't sledge their own team this is a monkey Irfan got 2 mentions- didn't play in the winning world cup spinner Q11.Best male playback singer since the 90s? Sonu Nigam- 15 votes. Udit Narayan- 5 votes Kumar Sanu- 2 votes AR Rehman, Shaan, Himesh, Shreya Ghosal, Lata Mangeshkar , Amla and SP Balasubramanium also received one vote each. Q12. Which country has the worst cuisine? England/UK/Britain- 8 votes. The eerie part is most of these guys are residents in the UK or have studied there. No wonder the UK is so gloomy. Thailand/ USA/ Germany are on 3 votes each. India, gujju, Vatican City, Sweden, Ethiopia (cannibalism?), Philippines, South Indian, China, Italy have all received one vote each. Q13. Which cricketer would you not mind lending to the opposition? Jadeja- 16 votes. Q14.Which foreign cricketer you wish was in the Indian team? Steyn wins this with 13 votes. Q15. Name a fruit without seeds. Banana-21 Strawberries, pineapples, kaaju, donuts, grapes, and a wikipedia link on seedless fruits have all received some mentions.

Final standings: Sid, Gaurav92, Yoda- 9.5 points derkin, l'etranger- 9 points urbestfriend, Aaku, DeepakDeo, Pravinkataria- 8.5 points Clarke, Lord, Sooda, Laloo- 8 points Stuge, Tridibans_16- 7.5 points Sachin=God, Yoda-esque, veer, vibhash- 7 points just a fan - 6.5pts velu- 6 pts Sabby, swing and speed- 5.5 pts Sidhoni, Saurav01, Asim- 5 pts ravishingravi - 4.5 pts Ram- 4 pts :D Maniac316, The Dark Horse- 3.5 points Manny_Pacquiao- 0.5 pts. The top 13 contestants (in bold font) have been selected for the final rounds. Watch this space for the questions for the final round.

OUTRAGE! :mad: How the hell did I get just 4 pts? I have never lost a thing in my life. Even when I play chess with my 6 yr old nephew, I steal his pawns when he's not looking. I demand a fair and transparent re-trial. :orderorder:

Good stuff Maryiam. I'm sure it took considerable effort on ur part. Totally expected Vajpayee to be the most favored PM on this forum (kids what can u say). And gosh Maryam dnt start stalking those posters who voted for MI.....just sayin :icflove: And this is to everyone else, Jaddu would destroy our bowlers and batsmen if he played against us. Can't believe a majority didn't pick Vinay Kumar. Imagine an international ODI and VK opening the bowling to Sehwag and Gambhir. Just imagine.....