Who is the best all-format batsman (Test, ODI, T20) in the World today? [2016-17 Edition]

Texan

Best batsman  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best all format batsman today?

• Steven Smith
    • Joe Root
    • Hashim Amla
    • Kane Williamson
    • AB DeVilliers
    • David Warner
    • Virat Kohli
    • Someone else

7 hours ago, Lala said:

Im surprised about people selecting Kholi where he is only good in Flat tracks. He struggles in Bouncy pitches in ENG,NZ & AUS. So I rate Root & Williamson over kholi since they are good in any pitch regardless of spin,bounce or flat.

As much as Kohli was in god mode this tournament.

AB D >>>>>> rest of the world.

One should give more mileage to Test.So it's still ABD but I feel he is on a decline and I'm sure Virat's  test record will graudually improve.I somehow don't consider Smith as an all round  batsman.He's just having a purple patch.Joe Root vs Virat kohli is too close to call.Kane is just a step below.

Edited by Sujithmb13

Tried putting together the best possible Playing XI that I could think of in LOIs from the current set of players..

Here is what I came up with... No. 6 and No. 7 are still open positions.. Who could fit in here?

ABD
Kane
Virat
Root
Smith
No. 6. Dhoni?
No. 7. Who?
Ashwin
Starc
Amir
Bumrah
5 hours ago, mishra said:

Root Won Ashes, Beat South Africa in South Africa, If England did so well in T20s, Root had a big part to play. Guy can dominate and play in all conditions and all formats. Most of Englands current Successes are down to him. TBH England are a successfull team for now.

Root super flop in Australia

ABDV by a mile, runs in T20 are nice to have.

And it's not like ABDV is a flop in T20, just doesn't score big runs like Root or Kohli, but maybe because his role in SA T20i is different to the anchor roles played by Kohli and Root for India and England respectively. 

16 hours ago, king kobra said:

Root super flop in Australia

So was everyone else. Its like judging Kohli on pathetic Indian team performance in England. After that series debacle, there was no one who gave England a chance to win Ashes back against Aussie quicks in English conditions. That too, within a year. Turnaround was possible cos of some steller batting from young Root.

People doubted his odi ability, He did very well. So in T20. Root is young. Give him 2 more years, he will be probably most feared batsman and England will become top team in allmost all formats of game

On 05/04/2016 at 1:08 AM, Lala said:

Im surprised about people selecting Kholi where he is only good in Flat tracks. He struggles in Bouncy pitches in ENG,NZ & AUS. So I rate Root & Williamson over kholi since they are good in any pitch regardless of spin,bounce or flat.

have to agree with this.

23 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Tried putting together the best possible Playing XI that I could think of in LOIs from the current set of players..

Here is what I came up with... No. 6 and No. 7 are still open positions.. Who could fit in here?

ABD
Kane
Virat
Root
Smith
No. 6. Dhoni?
No. 7. Who?
Ashwin
Starc
Amir
Bumrah

psst...no WI players they won the t20 wc few days back.