India to tour Zimbabwe for 3 ODI's and 3 T20's in June

Zimbabwe are set to host India for three ODIs and three T20s in June at the Harare Sports Club. The six matches will be played over 12 days, starting with the first ODI on June 11 and the last T20 on June 22.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe-v-india-2016/content/story/1007667.html

Most of the seniors should be given rest for this tour. Hope we get to see some youngsters and fringe players for this tour like Sarfaraz, Iyer, Rahul, Samson, Nathu, Sran, Aaron, Umesh, Pandey, Nair, SKY, Mishra and Pandya.

Zimbawe tours are really borefest..If I am not forgetting,last time Vektesh Prasad was commentating and Vijay and Rahane was seeing off the New ball in ODIs and Binny and Raidu rescued us in one match and Uthappa and Tiwary were playing for there place in the team as if they were gonna selected for next tour.

Kohli,Dhoni will be rested as usual..

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Zimbawe tours are really borefest..If I am not forgetting,last time Vektesh Prasad was commentating and Vijay and Rahane was seeing off the New ball in ODIs and Binny and Raidu rescued us in one match and Uthappa and Tiwary were playing for there place in the team as if they were gonna selected for next tour.

dop't forget...manish pandey was the find of that tour

Whats the point of those 3 t20, already we have played so many t20. Better we shud have played 2 extra odi's so we cud try few more players.

Captaincy-

Dhoni- If he has decided he ll play till 2019 n Bcci has decided to back him no point debating captaincy then. Lets accept it . Dhoni shud go there as captain n i dnt see many odi potential keepers as well. N its gonna be  long break post that from Odi so atleast he ll get some games. Samson well he had a poor domestic ipl hasnt been much gr8 so no point rewarding him

Raina- Has done well as captain, is a minnow basher n again has no odi's for long so can go

Rohit- Doing well again as captain and again i dnt see him as part of many test matches .

My team

Kl RAhul

Rahane/Rohit (who ever wants to go) 

Unmukt/Iyer(backup opener)

Manish Pandey

Nair

Dhoni/Samson/Saha/ojha (In case dhoni doesnt go Saha shud go so atleast he l have few games b4 Wi tour or Ojha n samson cud b tried.

Raina/Gurkeerat Mann/ hooda (need to try them as he gives u few overs as well, option of 6th bowler is must)

Hardik ( make sure he bowls 10 overs in each games even if he goes for runs) 

Krunal ( Jadeja backup shud potential n bats better, shud put end to selection of Axar n negi )

Rasool 

Kuldeep

Sran

Nathu singh

Bumrah

Shami/aaron (i wud like both of them to go n bowl for 10 over so they have lil long spell b4 next test series)

Players shudnt be picked- Binny, raydu, jadhav, tiwary, uthappa, karthik, Any trundler, Umesh shud rest before long test season, Sarfraz n pant i still feel shud play more domestic n A games, Mishra will decimate opp with googlies n wud struggles to find place in future so no point. 

9 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

seeing of the new ball is very important in Zim because ball moves early on.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

seeing of the new ball is very important in Zim because ball moves early on.

Thats y i think Kl rahul is going to very imp as an opener for India now 

HE can see of new ball can cover up as he has big shots , can play big innings and not only in zimb we will face this issue in NZ n SA.

Dhawan shud be shown door now, rahane can see off new ball but has a problem of throwing wkts around 40-50 and doesnt have big shots, Rohit struggle in seaming conditions is also well knwn.

I would be surprised and shocked if Kl rahul doesnt get picked up now 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

Kl Rahul, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, Karun Nair, Surya Yadav, Risabh Pant in batting, Gurkeerat and Hardik Pandya as all rounders, Chahal, Axar as spinners - all 23-24 yr olds waiting for their chances

Umesh Yadav. Varun Aaron also could be picked to see how they bowl in ODIs and T20s when Dhoni is not there to ruin their mental peace.

Don't want to see Raina, Rohit, DK, Parthiv, Bhuvi, Mohit Sharma picked for this tour.

Edited by Shoonya
4 hours ago, Lannister said:

I hope they at least give chance to new players instead of recycling the same old garbage. 

I would like to see this team for the first match,

KL, Iyer, Pandey(c), Nair, Sarfraz, Samson, Pandya, Aaron, Shami, Nathu and a spinner. 

Reserves: Baby, snr. Pandya....

Absolutely.

I would be inclined to pick an under-25 squad full of fresh faces to build for the future.

Enough old fart recycling.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:54 PM, MechEng said:

Arre, Zimbabwe tours are fun, I hope tailunt eyes first ODI 300 there.

Tailunt wnt go, he ll chill have a holiday

Last time also he didnt go n he had a chance to captain n yet he choose to holiday

B4 that tour he did go there n struggled coz it swing a lot in zimbabwe in 1st 15 overs

This is my squad:-

Rahane(c)(He's in good form in this IPL,2nd highest run getter aftr Kohli with strike rate of 130)

KL Rahul(Keeper/Bat)

M.Pandey

Rayudu

Nair

Uthappa(Keeper/Bat)

Hardik

Akshar

BK

Shami

Umesh

Reserves:-Sarfraz,Kedar,Negi,Nathu.

Rested:-Rohit,Kohli,Dhoni,Jadeja,Ashwin,Bumrah.