Feels good to win test matches against top teams on pitches which are not raging turners

3 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Since it's a feel good topic shami's spell today was one to be saved. What a bowler. Feel really happy that an Indian can bowl fast with control and work over one of the best batsman. :isalute:

Well said !   I really liked the combination of planning and pace / bounce from Shami.  The other pacers should learn from him.

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

p.s - I  see no problem if we create raging turners for some tests.  It is within our right and we should do so in crucial test matches, so that the other team stands no chance. But, playing some test matches on neutral tracks feels good too.

Mohali will be seriously not the same old pitch like it always is. It's early in the season which might not help seamers much. But, it also won't be a raging turner for sure. We can expect in Mumbai, but not Mohali.

I actually would like to see a similar wicket to this current Vizag one. I think the pitch was holding well up to first three days and both batsman and bowlers were tested.

33 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

Since it's a feel good topic shami's spell today was one to be saved. What a bowler. Feel really happy that an Indian can bowl fast with control and work over one of the best batsman. :isalute:

Sent from my SM-G550FY using Tapatalk

Yadav did the same to Bairstow in the first innings.

On 11/21/2016 at 1:34 PM, express bowling said:

The last 4 test matches we have played in  India have been on pitches which have varied from a green top in Kolkata,  flat pitches  in Indore and  Rajkot and a pitch with some uneven bounce in Vizag...but none were raging turners.  Spinners hardly got any turn in the first 3 days.  

Today, there was very limited turn even on a 5th day pitch.  This pitch actually helped seamers more than spinners.

Despite that , we have won 3 of those 4 test matches and drawn the other one......against Non-minnow teams.

This will give our bowlers a lot of confidence that they can perform in neutral conditions. It will give our team a lot of confidence that we can win when the other team had a good chance too.

Kudos to our bowlers, captain , batsmen and coach for delivering results on these neutral tracks.  It is teaching them how to bowl and win on non-helpful tracks for spinners.

p.s - I  see no problem if we create raging turners for some tests.  It is within our right and we should do so in crucial test matches, so that the other team stands no chance. But, playing some test matches on neutral tracks feels good too.

True, England seems to have been our bogey team for whatever reason, its been a while since we beat them proper in a series, most of our recent series wins have been by the odd test, hopefully this time we can carry on from this and beat them by a two or three test margin.

7 hours ago, speedster said:

True, England seems to have been our bogey team for whatever reason, its been a while since we beat them proper in a series, most of our recent series wins have been by the odd test, hopefully this time we can carry on from this and beat them by a two or three test margin.

3 Test margin seems difficult. 2 test could be possible, although not guaranteed by any means.

Just now, express bowling said:

Another  test match win on a flattish pitch....not a raging turner at all.

The fast bowlers got good bounce and movement too and picked up 7 wickets on our side out of the 18 taken bowlers.  Stokes had a fifer.

Our seamers actually bowled better than theirs.

Shami and Yadav were impressive in this game.