Jadhav

DHoni

Yuvraj

Pandya

Jadeja

Mishra/ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

I like Shikhar. But his recent ODI form has been mediocre. I would pick him as a back up if Rahul / Rohit fails.  

I used to think Rahul could play in the middle order as well, but the middle order is packed, and at least for the  first couple of matches jadhav / dhoni / yuvi will play in 4/5/6 position, so no spot for Rahul in middle.

Edited by OpeningBatsman
25 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Some player might get into the squad, but doubt we will try a totally new player as an opener for Champions Trophy. Yes, If Dhawan fails in IPL, then his selection is certainly going to be decided based on his performance in IPL but I don't see a new guy getting picked as an opener right now based on his IPL performance.

Talking about choice between Rohit, Rahul and Dhawan and not the introduction of a new player

55 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Rahul 

Rohit 

Kohli

Jadhav

DHoni

Yuvraj

Pandya

Jadeja

Mishra/ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

I like Shikhar. But his recent ODI form has been mediocre. I would pick him as a back up if Rahul / Rohit fails.  

I used to think Rahul could play in the middle order as well, but the middle order is packed, and at least for the  first couple of matches jadhav / dhoni / yuvi will play in 4/5/6 position, so no spot for Rahul in middle.

This will most likely be the playing 11 for CT.  Hoping Kuldeep makes it to the squad. 

4 hours ago, Sidhoni said:

I'll probably be killed for this but I want Rahane, at least in the squad and then see how the warmups go.

Rohit, Rahul, Dhawan, Rahane : play 3 of them in top 3 for both warmups. 

Rahane in his debut ODI series opened the innings in England and did well.

Its just a confidence/temperament issue with him. Technically he is perfect foil for someone like Dhawan. But if he plays with Rohit we'll probably have 35-40 after 10 which is not acceptable.

Rahane won't fit in odi or t20...he Vijay and pujara should only play tests and not spoil their game.

Indian players will go in UK

S.Dhawan

K.Rahul

========

Opener

Kartik no longer open but I would like him in the team, as middle order batsman, his ability to keep wicket also create extra space for all rounder in the Indian team.VK will be back after 120% fitness.

But Rohit's form really worried me,DHAWAN was Mo..Series in England in the past so no doubt he will go as opener.

I wish MSD left out but Yuvraj selected as vice captain.

Rahane,pant,yuvraj,kartik,VK excellent on paper.

4 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Does Rahane sneak into the squad as a 3rd choice Opener?  Or they choose a Rishabh along with Manish Pandey as backup batsmen?

Being realistic, Pant is not going to open as he wasn't tried by India in t20 series and neither was he tried by DD.

I think Rahane will make it to thesquad as Kohli likes Rahane.m and hence he was picked in recent ODI series too against England.

I would still start with Rohit and Shikhar though.