Pollard and Tino Best angry at Manjrekar

HippoSucks

5 hours ago, Brainfade said:

What if he had said that about .... say Ravindra Jadeja?  Would it be just as offensive?  Or less?  Or more?  

Interesting line of thought. If it were Jadeja whom he ridiculed, he would probably be asked to apologise or the powers that be would take punitive action. The West Indian board may not rally behind their players. So probably they are easier to mock?

I do not think Manjrekar was being racist, but no doubt this is a case of foot in mouth.

4 hours ago, Texan said:

Manju is a pretty blunt commentator but lacks the tact of conveying his message. Needs to be more careful when he speaks on the microphone. It's not the same as having a chat offline.

Bit of a language issue especially when on air because you have to be spontaneous. What he probably means is he doesnt have the temperament to bat higher up the order and play a longer innings and more fit for batting lower down and play his shots.

Pollard probably didnt need to get so offended by it. Commentators are paid to give their opinions, if you dont like them just ignore them. And Tino's attempt to imply there was a racist connotation to it was just pathetic. 

11 hours ago, philcric said:

Pollard -

6967 runs, Average 30.42, SR 151.78

233 wickets, Average 23.68, Economy 8.08 rpo

Rohit -

6214 runs, Average 33.05, SR 131.40

29 wickets, Average 28.17, Economy 7.80 rpo

Both are same age (29), started playing cricket around the same time. Pollard mostly bats at #6, Rohit mostly bats in the top 4.

Arguably Pollard is a better T20 player than Rohit.

The Below are the stats for a Player A and Player B and 100% assure you not made up

Now based on the Stats can you tell me which one went on to be an ATG of the game...Hint: Player B is probably the top 2-3 cricketers of all time and the other-Player A is known to be a mediocre career and in fact pretty sure guys who watched cricket in the 90's will know him-not exactly an obscure name but just the gulf in quality.

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Player A First-class Bowling 526   20889 10308 232 18-May 44.43 2.96 90   5 1
Player B First-class Bowling 310   7605 4384 71 10-Mar 61.74 3.45 107.1   0 0

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Player A Batting First-class 526 871 84 41112 405* 52.23 136 158 709 0
Player B Batting First-class 310 490 51 25396 248* 57.84 81 116 186 0

@philcric anyways surprised to see Pollard having reasonable stats but here is the thing,He plays in BPL,CPL,PSL and all the other random leagues all over the world.

Now sure he can hit the ball a long way,can be useful with dibbly dobbly bowling and is a athletic fielder...a decent package to get T20 Contracts but as I said it is beyond me how MI retains him every year over other cricketers and he has such a huge brand value.

Now Rohit is an international star of huge stature...may be the stats may not give the entire picture but it totally maks sense why he has that star value...with Pollard not so much.

he wasn't even in the side during the WT20 2016.

35 minutes ago, maniac said:

The Below are the stats for a Player A and Player B and 100% assure you not made up

Now based on the Stats can you tell me which one went on to be an ATG of the game...Hint: Player B is probably the top 2-3 cricketers of all time and the other-Player A is known to be a mediocre career and in fact pretty sure guys who watched cricket in the 90's will know him-not exactly an obscure name but just the gulf in quality.

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4w 5w 10
Player A First-class Bowling 526   20889 10308 232 18-May 44.43 2.96 90   5 1
Player B First-class Bowling 310   7605 4384 71 10-Mar 61.74 3.45 107.1   0 0

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave 100 50 Ct St
Player A Batting First-class 526 871 84 41112 405* 52.23 136 158 709 0
Player B Batting First-class 310 490 51 25396 248* 57.84 81 116 186 0

It can happen at First Class cricket. A player can have a successful long FC cricket with good numbers, but couldn't hack it at test cricket.

Player A is Grame Hick. Player B is Sachin Tendulkar.

12 hours ago, maniac said:

inact pollard is a very smart man....he has conned his way to be a million dollar franchise player among all the leagues across the world while nothing to show for with his performances.

My first post was in response to only the above ...

42 minutes ago, maniac said:

@philcric anyways surprised to see Pollard having reasonable stats but here is the thing,He plays in BPL,CPL,PSL and all the other random leagues all over the world.

IPL Stats

Pollard - Average 29, SR 148

Rohit - Average 34, SR 132

18 hours ago, kubrickian said:

Bit of a language issue especially when on air because you have to be spontaneous. What he probably means is he doesnt have the temperament to bat higher up the order and play a longer innings and more fit for batting lower down and play his shots.

Pollard probably didnt need to get so offended by it. Commentators are paid to give their opinions, if you dont like them just ignore them. And Tino's attempt to imply there was a racist connotation to it was just pathetic. 

Blacks are having entitlement issues like jews, if you criticize them then you're a racist just like criticizing a jew would call you a neo-nazi.

12 hours ago, philcric said:

My first post was in response to only the above ...

IPL Stats

Pollard - Average 29, SR 148

Rohit - Average 34, SR 132

What's wrong with T20Is?

Pollard - Average 20.59, SR 132.75  

Rohit - Average 31.72, SR 129.41

Tino Best crying racism is funny. He was accused of racism against Sohaib Malik. 

Sania, meanwhile, made no reservations in showing support for husband. Sania tweeted that she wished Shoaib had hit Tino. Mirza, who has been recently made brand ambassador of the newly-formed Telangana state, stated on her Twitter page, "Racial abusing on a cricket field?disgusting.i knw @realshoaibmalik didn't hit him but how I wish he would hav! #tinobest #idiot (sic)."