Sonu Nigam twitter controversy on Azaan from loudspeakers

Texy

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I don't buy this. Sonu Nigam stays at yaari road. There are at least 2-3 mosques on that one stretch. 

And from what I hear there are a lot of cops around his home today. No way would  they let a reporter stay outside for the duration of the night.

Sonu Nigam has performed in Pakistan. He has learned for a few years from the house of Ustad Amir Hussein sahab. No ways is he a bigot. Lets not doubt his intentions. He doesn't need such type of attention. He was highlighting a civic issue here. Not a religious one.

Well, that's how BBC reported this... their correspondent said she along other journalists spent whole morning outside his home before Azaan times till 30 mins after, no Azaan was heard and then they went to nearest Mosque/Madrisa which was 600m far, one of the manager there told its 35 yr old mosque (whereas sonu residence is probably 2,3 yr old) and this is first time ever such complain they came to know about despite they also believe their Azaan sound might not be making it to his residence...

In my opinion it became more of an issue bcz of tone he used, he really couldv said same thing in much decent way, u r a celebrity with millions of followers, calling it "ghundagardi" etc only means u urself inviting all those reactions...

29 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Nahi Bhaisaab, Angry hona kaise ban kar sakte hai ? It is the god given right of one community only na.

Also, You haven't responded to my question.Instead you respond with vague subjective opinions.

Do you have any evidence that proves intolerance  has increased?

well, I have no problem if you believe there's No Such issue... sorry, I don't have any "EVIDENCE" either like any meter showing level of tolerance in india 5 yrs ago vs today... but you can spend few mins of unbiased research over this anywhere in world to get an idea...

9 minutes ago, Asim said:

well, I have no problem if you believe there's No Such issue... sorry, I don't have any "EVIDENCE" either like any meter showing level of tolerance in india 5 yrs ago vs today... but you can spend few mins of unbiased research over this anywhere in world to get an idea...

Sharam kar le, first save your ahmed's being lycnhed in mardan university, pehle apne ghar mein kar le unbiased research 

15 minutes ago, Asim said:

LOL

29 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Either that is the Azan call in Qatar or it immediately follows after. They even cut the bloody news short in their local channel to play it. 

Last time I was visiting Bangladesh they did the same thing. All programs on TV were paused during azaan times. My Hindus relatives told everyone not to make a noise as to not be construed as doing blasphemy. 

3 hours ago, kira said:

Lol who are you to question India's tolerance level, it the tolerance level of India that a mullah can freely issue a fatwa against sonu nigam for his tweet. In pakistan a non muslim can't even become the president, Can you image a hindu living in pakistan issuing an order against some muslim celeb, he/she would be locked up first thing in the morning under blasphemy laws. 

Gadar level ki ignorance hai yaar tum logo mein, you guys lynch a guy for propagating ahmadi beliefs in your university and you have the gall to come here and make statement about India's tolerance , kis muh se aate ho?

abey keeray tu thakta b nahi hey?

btw u looks totally inspired with Pakistani politicians... ALWAYS comes one rattoo response:

who r u to Questions this over Hindustan? Pak have blah blah blah and blah blah blah and blah blah blah and.... and blah blah blah... correct all of that and then talk about Hindustan...

u know it can't get any worse for u when u r left with such response.... that too EVERY Time...

26 minutes ago, Texy said:

Last time I was visiting Bangladesh they did the same thing. All programs on TV were paused during azaan times. My Hindus relatives told everyone not to make a noise as to not be construed as doing blasphemy. 

Same experience visiting Dhaka. 

11 minutes ago, Asim said:

abey keeray tu thakta b nahi hey?

btw u looks totally inspired with Pakistani politicians... ALWAYS comes one rattoo response:

who r u to Questions this over Hindustan? Pak have blah blah blah and blah blah blah and blah blah blah and.... and blah blah blah... correct all of that and then talk about Hindustan...

u know it can't get any worse for u when u r left with such response.... that too EVERY Time...

Got to understand- some issues, Paks are gonna get lampooned. Coz its always you guys who are 'effing with us'. You tried to conquer a kingdom, you failed, because that kingdom ran away to a bigger, badder country than you and they agreed to join. 100% legal merger. Still you guys continue to f*ck with it, instead of complying with demands to how to solve it. 

Plus you guys start 2 wars with us 100% unprovoked. Khali pili kuch kiya nahi aur Punjab da putters try to f*ck with us ? WTF were you guys doing exactly declaring war on us in 1965 and 1999 ?! Like seriously you think you guys are 'playing by the rules we all agreed on when we went to the UN' ? So when your entire focus is  to f*ck with us, some of us are going to be a bit edgy towards your lot. 

That isn't fair, but that is what happens due to law of large numbers. The general principe of 'don't be an a$$hat of a nation in international relations' still applies a lot in terms of getting negatively profiled. 

It isn't just us that thinks your country is full of a$$hats and dangerous to travel, 90% of the western world has travel advisory against entire Pakistan. 

5 hours ago, kira said:

"Al fatiha" "azan"  kya haal bana diya muslim invaders ne tum logo ka, instead of speaking a language of your ancestors, you guys are reduced to parroting gibberish from the land of arabia :facepalm:you have my sympathy :biggrin:

4 hours ago, asterix said:

^ They are Arab people don't you know that? :giggle:

:facepalm:

u guys will forever keep wondering over Pakistanis~Muslims~Arabic thing :cantstop:

Not ur fault though...

Just now, Muloghonto said:

No, you guys are all arabized to certain extent because Koran isn't translated for recital. Creeps in your language. 

:) well, can't argue bcz u guys comes with such Qs without even checking few very very basic things about Muslims or in Islam (and to b fair with you, why u have to) but having no clue with basics, u start questioning role of arabic in Islam/Muslims, why Muslims arabized :D why its "Al-Fatiha"... why Ramadan... why Pakistanis think themselves arabs? (:cantstop:) ohh look they forgot their real ancestors and adopted arabs ( :--D)

Have seen such Qs 10s of times at ICF alone... but I rather find it somewhat cute/innocent of u guys actually, not ur fault bcz u wonder or ask such things based on ur own approach of Religion~Nation~Language etc...

Who cares about this overrated singer hack. How about moving away from a mosque idiot??His songs are torture to everybody but people dont complain. Azaan is only a minute or two and it is so soothing to ears. Ask Priyanka Chopra

Lol..how about forcing religious beliefs​ is soothing .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I feel the way Sonu Nigam put his statement, it made him sound bigot but he isn't actually one. Don't think it were wise comments anyway from him.

I do know that in Bollywood you work with people of different faiths so doubt Sonu is a bigot or wanted to hurt a particular group, though him choosing twitter to share his views was pretty silly and he shouldn't have mentioned "Azaan" anwyay in tweet. Should have stuck with sharing his views about banning loud speakers instead of adding a religion into this.