Sonu Nigam twitter controversy on Azaan from loudspeakers

Texy

19 minutes ago, Pollack said:

What about Diwali, Garba, Dahihandi, Holi, Independence day, Gandhi Jayanti, Ambedkar Jayanti, Shiv Jayanti etc.The list is quite long before you say those are just special days. People just put loudspeakers with repetitive songs at such high decibels that you start hating even if you actually like those songs during the mentioned days. 

Of course these don't happen daily unlike Loudspeakers from mosque. That's the main point. If it was once a year, one would probably bear it in the name of secularism.

I am strongly against bursting diwali crackers late night. But this happens once a year. So it's lot less bad than daily Loudspeakers.

It's disgusting that some people are defending it. Ndtv specially is a group of absolutely abhorable people.

Edited by randomGuy

On 4/19/2017 at 8:21 PM, Asim said:

Well, that's how BBC reported this... their correspondent said she along other journalists spent whole morning outside his home before Azaan times till 30 mins after, no Azaan was heard and then they went to nearest Mosque/Madrisa which was 600m far, one of the manager there told its 35 yr old mosque (whereas sonu residence is probably 2,3 yr old) and this is first time ever such complain they came to know about despite they also believe their Azaan sound might not be making it to his residence...

In my opinion it became more of an issue bcz of tone he used, he really couldv said same thing in much decent way, u r a celebrity with millions of followers, calling it "ghundagardi" etc only means u urself inviting all those reactions...

they reported from his other house, not the house he was staying when tweeted.

https://www.thequint.com/india/2017/04/20/bbc-got-it-wrong-the-azaan-does-play-out-near-sonu-nigams-flat

religion has become a dick-measuring contest, where you not only have to show people why your particular religion is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but feel the everlasting need to exercise a show of strength that makes you feel better about why you believe in that particular religion in the first place. whether its azaan, muharram, rath yatra, mataji no garbo, etc, people feel the need to be bigger and better than the guy next door. 

11 hours ago, Pollack said:

Honestly I find it very soothing. But those who have hectic life, barely find some time for sleep and stay very close to Mosque may find it irritating and understandably so.

@Asim miyan update that journalist who went to sonu's house :hmm:

9 hours ago, Rohit S. Ambani said:

Sonu before becoming a big star was a nuisance, he performed in so many Jagrata's in my colony with Pandals blocking all road space and speakers blaring at 150 decibels plus after midnight. Now he is acting sophisticated.

LOL Rohit S. Ambani :phehe: That is the most obvious fake name I have ever seen, not subtle at all #Pakistani 

16 hours ago, kira said:

LOL Rohit S. Ambani :phehe: That is the most obvious fake name I have ever seen, not subtle at all #Pakistani 

I am Ankur Ambani, Rohit S. is Rohit Sharma my favorite cricketer. See my post history, I am his fan.

Just because I don't tow in line, I suddenly became a Pakistani.

Muslims like Javed Akhtar and retard Hindus/Sikhs like Mika, Kangna etc. should understand that 50 Muslim majority countries where they can play whatever on loudspeakers from Mosques all day long if they like but only 2 Hindu majority countries where most people (~85% as per a ToI poll) dislike loudspeakers from Mosques. Shameless mullahs and retards like Mika, Rohit S. Ambani:facepalm:

Edited by randomGuy

On 4/25/2017 at 8:20 AM, randomGuy said:

Muslims like Javed Akhtar and retard Hindus/Sikhs like Mika, Kangna etc. should understand that 50 Muslim majority countries where they can play whatever on loudspeakers from Mosques all day long if they like but only 2 Hindu majority countries where most people (~85% as per a ToI poll) dislike loudspeakers from Mosques. Shameless mullahs and retards like Mika, Rohit S. Ambani:facepalm:

This is an arguement that I oft see on ICF.

Why do you cite what happens in 50 Muslim majority countries? Why is the comparison always between those nations and us.

Hey look, we may have our problems but at least we are better than Pakistan, Brunei, Yemen, Somalia and Krygyzstan etc. We are also more tolerant.

Is that our barometer for success? Is that the limit of our ambition? Obviously we are better than many of those nations on most counts. A big reason for that are the institutions that we have and the integrity with which we preserve those institutions.

Indians (Hindus or Muslims) have no say in what happens in those said 50 countries. It should have no bearing on how we behave at home with our fellow citizens.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

This is an arguement that I oft see on ICF.

Why do you cite what happens in 50 Muslim majority countries? Why is the comparison always between those nations and us.

Hey look, we may have our problems but at least we are better than Pakistan, Brunei, Yemen, Somalia and Krygyzstan etc. We are also more tolerant.

Is that our barometer for success? Is that the limit of our ambition? Obviously we are better than many of those nations on most counts. A big reason for that are the institutions that we have and the integrity with which we preserve those institutions.

Indians (Hindus or Muslims) have no say in what happens in those said 50 countries. It should have no bearing on how we behave at home with our fellow citizens.

Most Muslim majority nations are communal. Non-Muslims had to move out of the only Muslim-majority Indian state (Kashmir) because of Muslims. Partition of India was due to Islam, all Muslims mojority areas voting for separate nation. 99% terrorism happening in the name of religion in this world is happening in name of Islam. 

How can you escape collective responsibility totally (partially maybe, but totally?) ? If I was born a Muslim, I would instantly change my name to a non-Muslim name(knowing my ancestors weren't Muslims 500 yrs back anyways). People are different, I understand, I don't expect them to change their names, but seeing all this, Indian Muslims atleast should themselves be extra-accommodating. They should themselves stop blasting loudspeakers from mosques in the night, it's illegal.

Edited by randomGuy