Curious strategies of Rahul Dravid

Ultimate_Game

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Karn never played under  RD in ipl. Dravid  coaches u19 and A teams and he pushes for guys who he finds good. Pant, pandya, Shankar, shardul all have played under him those teams.

If you followed the IPL 2-3 years back you would've known how hard Dravid pushed for Karn Sharma the whole tourney. Literally very few days there was an article or something about how impressed Dravid was and how he should play for India in Australia.

13 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

If you followed the IPL 2-3 years back you would've known how hard Dravid pushed for Karn Sharma the whole tourney. Literally very few days there was an article or something about how impressed Dravid was and how he should play for India in Australia.

Because he was bowling well at that time. 

2 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Karn sharma played for srh from 2013-2015 and with MI in 2017. He has nothing to do with Dravid

yes dravid does have a problem with over thinking and over experimenting but nothing wrong with him backing youngsters and I don't see an ulterior motive.

agreed pant should bat higher.... nair needs a break.

samson has proved his worth and deserves the backing for now... not sure why Nadeem was dropped.

thats my take.

On 4/18/2017 at 5:50 PM, Ultimate_Game said:

Don't recall but he was pushed for by Dravid for Test selection. I clearly remember Dravid's remarks and various articles where he actively pushed for Karn. here are a few I can find...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2014-15/content/story/795801.html

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/ipl/interviews/Leggie-Karn-Sharma-looks-forward-to-IPL/articleshow/46842541.cms

In both these articles as well as various others if you google you will read about Dravid calling and pushing for Karn Sharma's inclusion in India's Test squad to Australia.

Kohli agreed him and actually played him.

I dont get why coach is blamed when things go wrong and captain credited when they go right.Only in Dhoni's case it was reverse :giggle:

On 4/18/2017 at 0:40 AM, beetle said:

Dravid is the coach.

Zak is the skipper.

Zak should decide who gets to play and at which position.

Exactly. Dravid can be partly questioned but Zaheer calls the shots on the field, when we are fielding. Though I would say, I am not fan of him backing Nair's selection that much, but eventually, he is truing to give him a chance, so I am fine but if he continues to fail, needs to be booted out for Bawne. 

1 minute ago, BCCI said:

Tell me about it,its all bizzare and nonsensical.

Teams should look to give chance to new players when their team has won like 3 out of 4 games. Delhi has lost 3 out of 5c they are in no position to rest their best bowlers for a gsme or two. 

On 4/18/2017 at 10:02 PM, maniac said:

Karn sharma played for srh from 2013-2015 and with MI in 2017. He has nothing to do with Dravid

yes dravid does have a problem with over thinking and over experimenting but nothing wrong with him backing youngsters and I don't see an ulterior motive.

agreed pant should bat higher.... nair needs a break.

samson has proved his worth and deserves the backing for now... not sure why Nadeem was dropped.

thats my take.

yea there is nothing wrong with, during his tenure he tried batting few players at diff position and dhoni did come off it well. Dravid himself did that in his ODI career so i see a reason why he does that. 

But yea at times it goes to overboard