Harsh Goenka takes indirect dig at MS Dhoni once again

TNAmarkFrmIndia

1 hour ago, mishra said:

S/R are meaningless. He plays according to situation. Hpw many games did RPS lost can be attributted to his S/R. When needed he won one game. I remember watching and thinking , no way RPS is going to chase 35+- odd runs in last 3 overs.

And since then things may have changed? Why do you think Srini Mama may not have called him saying that CSK will be back. Smith doesnt gives impression of Warner. He may be verygood captaining Aussie side but captaining a IPL team is different.

17 hours ago, Magneto said:

He should not do that. It's just for the galleries. No point pretending to run the show when you have been thrown out. A sterner captain than Smith would have asked him to stop this nautanki.

I have seen two RPS matches from the stadium now, anyone can see Smith is running the show. 

:confused:

How does being in the stadium make you a better judge of who is running the show?

19 hours ago, Pollack said:

Dhoni has been trying to screw Pune almost all the matches. Why would he be impressed? 

So are you trying to tell us that inspite of knowing about Dhoni's attempts to sabotage the team efforts, the Goenka brothers decide not to terminate his contract or bench him indefinitely but troll him on twitter.

Brilliant business strategy this!!! Don't solve the problem, just whine on twitter to get 0.05$ from google ad space. They should teach this at IIM B.

Edited by Mariyam

14 hours ago, New guy said:

He has played below 100 strike rate in most of the matches so what the heck are you even talking about? Termites and leeches are players who take money and don't perform. And no, its not even a secret MSD was dropped for poor performances, he spoke about captaining in this IPL when he resigned from limited overs as captain

I ask again. Why is he being paid by RPGS then???

WHY?

Why retain him? Why not ask him to take a hike?

As you say, if RPGS is paying him money, and he isn't performing, just bench him. But the management doesn't want to do that either.

I ask again. Why is he being paid by RPGS then???

WHY?

Why retain him? Why not ask him to take a hike?

As you say, if RPGS is paying him money, and he isn't performing, just bench him. But the management doesn't want to do that either.

They don't have his replacement ,Best they can do is take advantage of his brand value

Dhoni obviously has some financial commitments with brands he endorses wrt number of games he has to play etc. Be them in an Indian jersey or in a CSK/RPSG one. It is illogical to expect him to retire or stop playing for what you guys term as " the better of Indian cricket".

If anything, these questions should be posed at RPSG ownership/management. They run a franchise with the sole aim of making money. Unless Dhoni's allegedly slow batting is helping them make money, I can't for the life of my understand why they just bench the guy. What do the Goenka's even want?

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Dhoni obviously has some financial commitments with brands he endorses wrt number of games he has to play etc. Be them in an Indian jersey or in a CSK/RPSG one. It is illogical to expect him to retire or stop playing for what you guys term as " the better of Indian cricket".

If anything, these questions should be posed at RPSG ownership/management. They run a franchise with the sole aim of making money. Unless Dhoni's allegedly slow batting is helping them make money, I can't for the life of my understand why they just bench the guy. What do the Goenka's even want?

Its hard to bench him because they will end up losing a lot of their fan support. The same applied to MI when they had Sachin Tendulkar. Towards the end, Tendulkar was hardly performing. Yet, they could not bench him to risk crowd ire. Thankfully for them, Tendulkar promptly retired after one poor season and they offered him mentorship. Dhoni is now in the same boat. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Its hard to bench him because they will end up losing a lot of their fan support. The same applied to MI when they had Sachin Tendulkar. Towards the end, Tendulkar was hardly performing. Yet, they could not bench him to risk crowd ire. Thankfully for them, Tendulkar promptly retired after one poor season and they offered him mentorship. Dhoni is now in the same boat. 

Then why mock him in social media, will that not lose support for his team? There are owners like Zinta, etc. who have poor performing teams almost from start of IPL but have never spoken against their r team members in social media. It just doesn't make sense to have the big players play for you for publicity but having a go at them in social media. 

Just bench the the guy if you think he is not performing.

Edited by Forever Indian

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

:confused:

How does being in the stadium make you a better judge of who is running the show?

You can clearly see what is happening between overs and what the captain is doing? The parts that TV cameras don’t show.

Edited by Magneto

1 hour ago, Forever Indian said:

Then why mock him in social media, will that not lose support for his team? There are owners like Zinta, etc. who have poor performing teams almost from start of IPL but have never spoken against their r team members in social media. It just doesn't make sense to have the big players play for you for publicity but having a go at them in social media. 

Just bench the the guy if you think he is not performing.

Harsh Goenka runs a different company than Sanjiv Goenka. I don't think the owners (RPSG) have spoken a single word against Dhoni anywhere till now. It is Harsh Goenka doing all this, and he has nothing to do with RPSG. 

9 minutes ago, Magneto said:

Harsh Goenka runs a different company than Sanjiv Goenka. I don't think the owners (RPSG) have spoken a single word against Dhoni anywhere till now. It is Harsh Goenka doing all this, and he has nothing to do with RPSG. 

looks like he is also the co owner of rps