Vijay Shankar's got the IT factor

maniac

26 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Lol, many including me have long been asking him to be played as the batting allrounder in Indian team. Try better next time :phehe:

If only these Halucination artists and people read Ranji threads then they would know, most players who have performed in IPL now and in the past have been rated highly by many :giggle:

37 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

If only these Halucination artists and people read Ranji threads then they would know, most players who have performed in IPL now and in the past have been rated highly by many :giggle:

lol reading ranji threads makes a difference :cantstop:

as as I said I have a checklist that makes me rate a talent...said it many times on here before what the criteria is. Doesn't matter ranji,IPL or even some gully tournament...you can tell the standout based on the checklist.

first time I saw gilchrist was before the titan cup in India in a Hong Kong cricket sixes tournament where everyone slogs but you could just tell he stood out...too bad there was no icf in 1995-1996....but I saw it...doesn't mean I coached or recommended gilchrist...I as a fan could see he had that special gift...applies to every fan out there.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

first time I saw gilchrist was before the titan cup in India in a Hong Kong cricket sixes tournament where everyone slogs but you could just tell he stood out...too bad there was no icf in 1995-1996....but I saw it...doesn't mean I coached or recommended gilchrist...I as a fan could see he had that special gift...applies to every fan out there.

I saw him before that when Aus played Aus A and Hayden and Mcgrath had a fight in the game.

Too bad ICF wasn't there then either.

6 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I saw him before that when Aus played Aus A and Hayden and Mcgrath had a fight in the game.

Too bad ICF wasn't there then either.

Cool story bro

Hong kong cricket sixes was telecast  on star sports...where did they telecast a Aus a game in India in the 90s or if you were in the USA 

:cantstop:

dont make up stuff lol...you have good cricket acumen but not like this lol

Edited by maniac

8 minutes ago, maniac said:

Cool story bro

Hong kong cricket sixes was telecast  on star sports...where did they telecast a Aus a game in India in the 90s or if you were in the USA 

:cantstop:

dont make up stuff lol...you have good cricket acumen but not like this lol

Lol hongkong sixes was bullshyt and I lived in Aus/Ind in my childhood and not in USA. In fact I had not set foot in USA till then lol.

Cool story. 

Just now, Cricketics said:

Lol hongkong sixes was bullshyt and I lived in Aus/Ind in my childhood and not in USA. In fact I had not set foot in USA till then lol.

Cool story. 

Of course it was bull shyt...all I am saying is even in a hit and miss cricket you can always spot a standout...the way he was hitting it he was clearly the crowd favorite....after an year or so when I saw him make debut for Australia in the titan cup I was very excited as I saw his hitting ability.

i believe he failed in his first couple of games.

its not a competition of who saw him first or whose dick is bigger...all I am saying is you can see a spark in a player no matter what the setting is.

Shankar impressed me because how composed he looked in the last game and his ability to hit straight and play late on a relatively bigger stage.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Did you sign off on him?

i didn't watch him in domestics, I didn't see his stats...just 2-3 shots and saw that zip....you can just tell it and feel it...it's all cricket acumen...no calculators or nothing.

as I said signed off in a big way on him.

thr kids got it

I dont need to signoff on players, only some feel the need to do it. Anyways some posts I did about Shankar:

On 2/16/2017 at 5:46 PM, Forever Indian said:

I am saying he should aim to be like Kallis or Watson who were wicket takers even though not express pace, I didn't mean he is already a Kallis type bowler. He has improved his bowling this season from what I have seen, and before that his bowling was pretty average and that is why has bad FC stats. Even someone like Kuldeep Yadav and Chahal have bad FC numbers but have improved this season so we should look at such stats with the required context.

Yes, batting is Shankar's strong forte but that alone is not going to get him into the test team because there are loads of pure bats who can get into team. His USP is as a pacer batting allrounder, so he should keep improving his bowling (speed, skills, etc) so that he can be an option for no.6 spot overseas.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:42 AM, Forever Indian said:

Did you watch the Ranji quarters and semis? He was bowling mostly good length balls swinging both ways. Got even a 4 wicket haul against Mumbai in Semis: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/engine/match/1053699.html

On 2/17/2017 at 2:51 PM, Forever Indian said:

How many hundreds do you expect from someone batting at no.6/7 in 4 day games? He averages around 50 in FC and also got a hundred in 81 balls against Bangladesh in practice game which is not counted in his stats as it was an unofficial match.

How many hundreds does the hyped Hardik have in FC? - 0. But still we encourage Hardik based on potential. If you have ever seen Shankar bat then you will know his potential as a technically correct lower order batsman. 

On 2/1/2017 at 3:46 PM, Forever Indian said:

So, if India picked Hardik based on potential, then why can't they do same with Shankar? It is not as if only one has to be played even in A games. Shankar was picked for Aus A tour but got injured and then Hardik came in his place. So it shows that the management believes in Shankar's potential as well.

On 2/1/2017 at 11:30 AM, Forever Indian said:

Hardik right now has a FC average of 28 with bat and 34 with ball, so he can neither be in the team as a pure bat or a pure bowler. Comparison with Kapil Dev is LOL worthy as he was the lead Strike bowler for India. An allrounder needs to be in the team either as a pure bat or bowler first which Hardik can’t at the moment. Shankar can get in team as a pure batsman with a FC average of 50.

I know Hardik has the potential to improve both with bat and ball. Similarly I believe Shankar can also improve with the ball from what I saw of him in Ranji playoffs. He was getting consistent swing in India bowling between 125 to 130k on domestic speedguns. We all know domestic speed guns show lower reading by atleast 5k, so he should be able to bowl now at 130 to 135k in International matches. Also similar to Hardik, Shankar also has the potential to improve speed even further.

Where Hardik has still a long way to go with both Bat and Ball, Shankar has already proven to be a reliable domestic bat. That’s why I want both to play against international teams and A tour matches to see how they perform before they can be judged.

5 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

I dont need to signoff on players, only some feel the need to do it. Anyways some posts I did about Shankar:

Nice...but yes I agree...he has what it takes to the next level...not all domestic prodigies do.

this one will kick on...just see it

Hardik has played some mature innings at FC level.He tries to play like a proper batsman at Ranji level rather than slogging.

I have seen him a couple of times and honestly didn't impress me.Kurnal impressed more .

But fair enough if he has played mature knocks.

Still has a long way to go before convincing as a test bat for me.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Hardik is a hack in test cricket

Shankar is a qaulity batsman

Hardik is a far far better bowler who wud be wkt taking option , his batting is yes below shankar n nt reliable to as of now

Shankar on other hand looks like a proper batsman who as a bowler can control one end. 

We shud take both overseas n use as per need. Incase its to flat a wkt we can use hardik , if its a bowler friendly we can play shankar n cushion our batting.

In Odi both can play at 6 n 7........allowing us many many options to try .

Earlier we didnt even have one and now we have 2......add in spin dept jayant is not bad 

So we shud be happy 

Hardik is a far far better bowler who wud be wkt taking option , his batting is yes below shankar n nt reliable to as of now

Shankar on other hand looks like a proper batsman who as a bowler can control one end. 

We shud take both overseas n use as per need. Incase its to flat a wkt we can use hardik , if its a bowler friendly we can play shankar n cushion our batting.

In Odi both can play at 6 n 7........allowing us many many options to try .

Earlier we didnt even have one and now we have 2......add in spin dept jayant is not bad 

So we shud be happy 

For me I would Pick Ashwin(along with Jaddu) as all rounder in Sub continent and WI, Shankar as all rounder in England /Nzl/SA where conditions are helpful for bowling.

Will pick Hardik on those Aussie roads.

Horses for courses.

Obviously Hardik is first choice all rounder in shorter forms.

5 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

For me I would Pick Ashwin(along with Jaddu) as all rounder in Sub continent and WI, Shankar as all rounder in England /Nzl/SA where conditions are helpful for bowling.

Will pick Hardik on those Aussie roads.

Horses for courses.

Obviously Hardik is first choice all rounder in shorter forms.

In india soon we ll have to find a way to play kuldeep. Kuldeep +ashwin+ jadeja toghter can make that one less batsman work

in places like SL, BAng its yet to been seen how jadeja do with kookabura so ill take kuldeep ahead of him as now

ENG,AUS,SA, NZ as i said wud depend on the pitches but we shud have both in squad 

In shorter format we can try both, every team needs a 6th bowler and shankar can be that 

In overseas - shankar, pandya, spinners + 3 pacer or 1 more spinner if needed

In subcontinet - shankar, pandya, kuldeep, ashwin/jadeja krunal, shami/bhuvi/bumrah  or 2 pacer n 2 spinner

he actually can give us a lot to try in ODI . He is good enough to bat at 5 or 6 as he can play the anchor n play big shots to . As soon as MSD goes we ll need someone reliable in lower order

Shankar interests me even as a pure batsman.

Among the new batters considered as India prospects , he is  one of the very few classical batsmen with a good FC average. But he has loads of power too.

His swing bowling can come in handy in places like England and NZ but he has a good bouncer too.

Needs to be tried in LOIs.

Edited by express bowling

Not exactly ruined.  With Jadhav out, he is the sole 6th bowling option left. His issue is confidence. Parag even with all the technical issues have supreme confidence. You cannot teach it. Dhoni is not exactly a technical wizard. It is the sheer determination, confidence in his own abilities carried him thus far (not the new one though :) ) .   In my view IT factor = Confidence.  If you have confidence in your ability understand your limitation you will have clarity of thought. Rightnow he bats with muddled thinking. You cannot pinpoint and say this guy is weak against inswing, outswing, bouncer, leg spin, off spin like we say against others. Raina had perennial issue against short ball. But he had some unique gifts like placing the ball in unusual areas. Shankar has to learn to get into a zone. Then things will automatically unfold.