'Explosive cricket' not India's style - Kohli

10 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

And if we do it we will win more often than not :two_thumbs_up: 

The question is not how we can score those 40 runs more, the question how they can become better defending targets.For that you need bowlers to become more consistent. Kohli was right they had enough runs on board Srilanka would have score 30 more runs easily.

Looking back we have to credit SriLanka for last match.

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

The question is not how we can score those 40 runs more, the question how they can become better defending targets.For that you need bowlers to become more consistent. Kohli was right they had enough runs on board Srilanka would have score 30 more runs easily.

Looking back we have to credit SriLanka for last match.

I still believe that the bigger problem for us was not able to defend 321. Yes, we could've scored more but that's the testament to our gun batting that we are criticising them despite scoring 321!

We have a decent bowling unit, the best one we have fielded at an ICC event, and we should be able to defend 321. The problem was more the decision not to attack with Umesh during the middle overs and not to go with Shami/Ashwin in place of Umesh.

23 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I still believe that the bigger problem for us was not able to defend 321. Yes, we could've scored more but that's the testament to our gun batting that we are criticising them despite scoring 321!

We have a decent bowling unit, the best one we have fielded at an ICC event, and we should be able to defend 321. The problem was more the decision not to attack with Umesh during the middle overs and not to go with Shami/Ashwin in place of Umesh.

Umesh was very good in warm up matches just because he failed it was not wrong decision.He is always like that consistently very inconsistent. Shami if he had more matches under his belt would have played from match one.

Indian team if it needs to become an ATG great team need bowlers to become more consistent and I truly believe Kohli is the right captain as he gives his bowlers that trust and backing which bowlers need from their captain. 

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Umesh was very good in warm up matches just because he failed it was not wrong decision.He is always like that consistently very inconsistent. Shami if he had more matches under his belt would have played from match one.

Indian team if it needs to become an ATG great team need bowlers to become more consistent and I truly believe Kohli is the right captain as he gives his bowlers that trust and backing which bowlers need from their captain. 

But to be great team you need bench strength particularly in fast bowling dept . As bowlers get injured , or not at 100% , out of form or just need rest .

here for example shows the change Indian cricket as we have superb seamer sitting on bench in shami ready to step in . Great days 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

TBH I have never really been sold on Umesh in shorter formats. He lacks control and looks clueless when batsmen go after him. In today's day and age you need to have both these qualities to succeed in shorter formats. These days batsmen don't shy from attacking bowlers and in fact target bowlers. If you've no answers and look lost then I'm sorry you don't belong in shorter formats.

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

I am not basing my comments on this interview, which can be blown out of proportion.

As we have discussed before,  I  am not happy with our ODI batting approach for the last 3 years.

Par scores have increased a lot these days in ODIs.  SR of batsmen have increased, teams are scoring more runs than before in the 1 to 40 over period.

Our team management has to be mindful of that. We are too dependant on the last 10 over acceleration.

True our batting has been very conservative, which still made some sense till 2015 as rules were diff and we had jadeja at 7 but now the batting depth in our linup has increased so makes no sense to bat so safely and that to on pattas

This has no justification......at the bottom which such powerful batting linup 

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

True our batting has been very conservative, which still made some sense till 2015 as rules were diff and we had jadeja at 7 but now the batting depth in our linup has increased so makes no sense to bat so safely and that to on pattas

This stat is telling the complete story!

Still I think our batting can come good if they play the middle overs sensibly. Something that looks unlikely as of now.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How do you attach images like this? 

I am glad Kohli did not listen to some of the guys who wanted him to bat in a manner which they think is rubbing off negatively on others.

One of the greatest ODI player doesn't need any adivice of how to approach his innings in the middle overs. He was doing fine and is doing fine.

If his batting attitude can rub off on other players, It will be only great for us.

I am glad we have this guy on the team list, otherwise teams can easily a mess up even a 190 run chase.

I think we need to start accelerating quicker; from around the 35th over. A batting line up with Jadeja at 8 can afford to do so. 

In the near future, we could try Pant in place of UV at 4 to explode in the middle overs, after the top order sets the foundation.

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

This stat fails to tell the whole story.

How many wickets lost? What are the final totals?

After 10 overs, I would rather be 0/48 than 2/57

14 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

I think we need to start accelerating quicker; from around the 35th over. A batting line up with Jadeja at 8 can afford to do so. 

In the near future, we could try Pant in place of UV at 4 to explode in the middle overs, after the top order sets the foundation.

After 10 overs, there are only 4 fielders outside circle till 40 overs. we need to score quickly in those 30 overs. These days, teams don't score that quickly in first overs due to 2 new balls. It has been the case in this CT as well.

22 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

Pant is more suited either for opener's slot or the lower middle order. At 4 and 5, you need someone who can stay at the crease while still scoring at a brisk rate.