Bumrah vs Hasan Ali ---- Who's better prospect.

12 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

You do realize that how a Bowler bowls has a lot to do with many external factors 

Akram bowled when 250 was a par score and econ was around 5 or less. 

Akrams time the rules of the game were not tilted towards the batsman like nowadays 

Akram had an amazing support bowlers - he bowled along side Imran, waqar, shoaib, saqlain,  mushy and aaquib. How do you reckon Akram would have bowled if his partners were Wahab riaz or Indian greats like Mohanty, kuruvilla etc.? 

Akram was a great Bowler but look at the bigger picture 

and in context of original point of discussion, ur point is?

On 6/15/2017 at 2:26 AM, Asim said:

I'll b surprised to know if u'v really seen Akram bowling live... not sure for how long though...

While I find Akram to be one of the best in the history of the game, I would say he was more of a flasher than implementer. He survived on hunting the tailenders, not the main batsmen. I think there was this list of bowlers who could dismiss the top batsmen. Even Srinath was higher on the list against Akram.

Given Akram's talent, his test record is nothing to be proud of. Also, his wicket tally was inflated because of the cushion that Waqar gave him. there was also this stat of matches wasim and waqar played together. The matches wasim played with waqar, his stats were way better than in the ones without him.

Also, that was an era where batsmen also used to react to bowlers as per their hype and impression. Had he been bowling today, he would have been great, however his econ and avg would go for toss for sure.

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

While I find Akram to be one of the best in the history of the game, I would say he was more of a flasher than implementer. He survived on hunting the tailenders, not the main batsmen. I think there was this list of bowlers who could dismiss the top batsmen. Even Srinath was higher on the list against Akram.

Given Akram's talent, his test record is nothing to be proud of. Also, his wicket tally was inflated because of the cushion that Waqar gave him. there was also this stat of matches wasim and waqar played together. The matches wasim played with waqar, his stats were way better than in the ones without him.

Also, that was an era where batsmen also used to react to bowlers as per their hype and impression. Had he been bowling today, he would have been great, however his econ and avg would go for toss for sure.

olright sir :nice:

beepulz are stupid. Bumrah is probably the most expensive bowler at next IPL auction. Hes the best death bowler in the world. He bowls faster than Ali. Only in the mind of Bakis and double digit iq beepulz should Bumrah come second to a bottle cap artist. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Hasan Ali is a prospect? lol

To be fair he is a decent bowler...sure neighbors will overhype but for what it's worth he is a decent prospect...bowls in the 135-140 range, consistent line and length and good seam position. 

Big testing time for Hasan 2morrow. A fresh wicket and most likely batsman friendly. Bumrah can survive because he will bowl few overs in the death where his variations and Yorkers will yield him wickets. Hasan, on the other hand, has skills to take wickets at the start, in middle overs and death overs( though weak at death overs ). Don't think he will do great against Indian batting lineup. :agree:

Edited by Pollack
7 hours ago, maniac said:

To be fair he is a decent bowler...sure neighbors will overhype but for what it's worth he is a decent prospect...bowls in the 135-140 range, consistent line and length and good seam position. 

so at best hes like Bhuvi,though doesnt swing the ball

Mediocre bowler who gets wickets because batsman attack him

No comparison both at different stages of career, different type bowler n different speeds( ave speed).Bumrah needs to occasional bowl the Srinath length while keeping the ball straight n that will get him alot of wkts in the game with his added bounce n pace.With Bumrah there is a chance of more improvements as he refines his action n use of left arm more.He starts the spell around same speed as Shami 138 or 139 shows he has natural pace as well, I would play him before Ishant in test.

Hasan Ali is a kind of bowler u won't be impressed at first glance , thin ,wiry, on shorter side, action is kinda not attractive, but has discipline n some skills, even Aaqib Javed to me was far better who was similar speeds.

Where r the bowler like Saleem Jaffer, M Akram, A Javed, M Zahid who looked better at debut n Had better potential.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

He can swing the ball both ways. Can easily be new ball bowler though he has been used in middle overs.

14 hours ago, Lord said:

As I said he can't be written of as mediocre just like Pakistani calling him an ATG is lol worthy.

He is new and has all the tools at this point.

Bhuvi too when he debuted had most of the tools but didn't have pace but still everyone thought he has great potential...today he is a complete bowler.

Sure Ali may get washed up or just fade away but at this point he has "potential" that is the key word.