Anil Kumble steps down as coach

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

Where does it say that he was abused in 3rd article? First 2 sources are unreliable and I suggest that we lock this thread unless there is some credible information.

Lol tracker was one the first one reported kohli anil rift.... Check my other thread some people called is BS it turned out to be true

10 minutes ago, dark_profile said:

It's by Prem Panicker. And media part is just the tip of what the article is trying to say...

8 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Prem is an outstanding cricket journalist. I worked for him over a decade ago. He's no rumor monger.

10 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Forgive my ignorance but who is this Prem Panickar ?

I think you should check ask the site founders about PP and Ganguly/Chappel saga.. Cant believe its deja vu

Think Prem was one of the members of the old site and the other cricketing forum (bukhari site? not sure if I can name it) came about after endless arguments about Ganguly/Dravid

1 minute ago, diga said:

I think you should check ask the site founders about PP and Ganguly/Chappel saga.. Cant believe its deja vu

Think Prem was one of the members of the old site and the other cricketing forum (bukhari site? not sure if I can name it) came about after endless arguments about Ganguly/Dravid

You may be right. There should be no holy cows to be blindly trusted in this era of fractured narrative, including Prem. But I think he raises some interesting points in his article. It's better if we focus on the message than the messenger.

30 minutes ago, diga said:

I don't think Prem was a member there.  We had another "journo" type member - an old monk aficionado with literary aspirations - but not Prem P.   

52 minutes ago, diga said:

Don't think so.

But whatever it is he clearly has his own agenda in that article .

The way he has slaughtered Kohli for denying any rift with Kumble during CT was pathetic to say the least.Regardless of how good or elequent a writer he is.

Of course Kohli should be denying it.We were in the middle of the tournament and anything else would have only distracted the team more and fueled the stories .

And if Panickar believes Media doesn't make up stories he lives in lala land.

"So you want softies. You want somebody to just tell you, 'ok boys, don't practice today because you guys are not feeling well, ok take a holiday, go shopping'. You want that kind of a person," Gavaskar told NDTV channel

Gavaskar summed it well! 

Lot's of rumors and news flying around. This one (from Rediff) is just more fuel. Claiming that Kumble and VK may not have been on talking terms for 6 months:

"The BCCI top brass had an inkling that all was not well between coach Anil Kumble and captain Virat Kohli but they were taken aback when they got to know that the duo had not been on talking terms for the "last six months".

Another important thing that has come out in the open was that the Chief Advisory Committee, comprising Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman, also didn't straightaway give the green light to Kumble's extension.

"There had been reports that the CAC had okayed Kumble's extension. They had okayed his extension but with a rider. They had said that Kumble should be retained provided all pending issues are resolved," a senior BCCI official, who was present in London during the whole episode, told PTI.

Post the ICC Champions Trophy final, there were three separate meetings at the Indian team's hotel.

The first was where Kumble met the BCCI top brass and members of CAC followed by Kohli meeting them.

The last and the most "eventful" meeting was when Kohli and Kumble were made to sit across the table. The talks failed "

41 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

Don't think so.

But whatever it is he clearly has his own agenda in that article .

The way he has slaughtered Kohli for denying any rift with Kumble during CT was pathetic to say the least.Regardless of how good or elequent a writer he is.

Of course Kohli should be denying it.We were in the middle of the tournament and anything else would have only distracted the team more and fueled the stories .

And if Panickar believes Media doesn't make up stories he lives in lala land.

But where was the need  for him to blame the media that they are making up that there is rift .

Now everything has come out in open.

Kohli should now   justify what style  was not to his liking and why he blamed media for this rift business .

Dressing room is not just made up of Arrogant brat and his chelas. there are ears & eyes  

But where was the need  for him to blame the media that they are making up that there is rift .

Now everything has come out in open.

Kohli should now   justify what style  was not to his liking and why he blamed media for this rift business .

Dressing room is not just made up of Arrogant brat and his chelas. there are ears & eyes  

You want him to wash the dressing room detail in the public to media ? Really?

I know somewhat did that in his resignation but prefer if both shut up about this .

Whatever happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

You want him to wash the dressing room detail in the public to media ? Really?

I know somewhat did that in his resignation but prefer if both shut up about this .

Whatever happens in the dressing room should stay in the dressing room.

That does not answer the question . Why blame media  that it is making this all about .  

He could have just said there is no rift . Thats it