Islam/Muslims discussion thread

Haarkarjeetgaye

don't care what he's doing. i just don't mind him getting harassed on social media. i never liked him so really dont care what happens to him 

I guess you've the same views about Md. Shami... probably because Md. Kaif represents those rare Muslim celebrities who have a progressive outlook and displays no or less victimhood, in spite of the so called failures of a democratic & secular India...

50 minutes ago, asterix said:

I guess you've the same views about Md. Shami... probably because Md. Kaif represents those rare Muslim celebrities who have a progressive outlook and displays no or less victimhood, in spite of the so called failures of a democratic & secular India...

I don't care about Shami or any other player we have from that religion. At the end they always play the victim card and buy sympathies for themselves.

9 hours ago, Mariyam said:

So you choose to generalize on the basis of the comments of some online wanna be Moulvis. But you choose to ignore the kind of reaction they got from the bulk of the people, many of whom are Muslims.

Rational approach, isn't it?

No not based on this alone. I draw my conclusion from many other things. For example why is triple talaq still happening in India when it is illegal in most Muslim countries? I stand by what I posted, Indian Muslims have a lot of catching up to do. Be it education/gender disparities/religious reforms/fertility rate they have a lot of catching up to do. I would say the same for the Hindu community here but since the OP is about Islam/chess/haraam yada yada yada I talked about Indian Muslims. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/aurangabad/protesters-block-taslimas-entry-into-aurangabad/articleshow/59826308.cms

Congrats to BJP govt and Fadnavis. All it took for them to send Taslima back was a handful of AIMIM supporters protesting outside the Aurangabad airport. Even CPM had more spine when they allowed Taslima to stay in Kolkata for a few years till 2007, facing much greater opposition. What a weak CM Maharashtra has today, absolutely spineless. All MPs and majority of MLAs/corporators in Maharashtra under NDA and they don't have the guts to arrest a handful of fanatic Muslims for creating disruption, how different are these people from TMC in that regard? Moreover Taslima had come there as a tourist to visit Ajanta/Ellora and not to address any seminar or conference against Muslims.

And the protesters were lead by a certain Imtiaz Jaleel, MLA of Aurangabad Central and a former journalist/reporter who worked in NDTV for 12 years !!!! His secular credentials were endorsed by none other than Barkha and Nidhi Razdan after he won the seat in 2015. NDTV being NDTV !!! Owaisi nowhere to be found. First person to protest lynchings, so called majoritarianism etc but gone missing now. Leopard can't hide its spots no matter how hard it tries !!!

On 7/29/2017 at 3:57 PM, Mariyam said:

The objection that some have is not to the motherland/fatherland part. It is to the deifying of the motherland, equating it to a Goddess who is prayed to. Whether or not this interpretation is correct, is up for debate.

the act of player is not enforced it is merely expected as a sign of reverence to the nation, above religion. Its highly important that indian muslims accept that the nation comes before religion, once they do that clearly the hindu rightwing will totally loose any kind of ammunition they have and will be disarmed, as the fundamental there is nation first as in any right wing polity. This debate is one such.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:06 PM, asterix said:

true no victimhood natak from him, Zak is straight out live large kinda guy, what about cini stars Salman i havent seen much from him, SRK/Amir over the top with victimhood.

On 7/30/2017 at 1:06 AM, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

pathetic cricketer. deserves the hate coming his way

On 7/30/2017 at 4:04 AM, Hyderabadi Tiger said:

don't care what he's doing. i just don't mind him getting harassed on social media. i never liked him so really dont care what happens to him 

So somebody cudnt make it big like his other contemporaries means he has to live acc to others. 

Matalb uska chess khelene ke liye gaali khana banta hai kyunki wo yuvraj dhoni jaisa bada cricketer nhin bana.....:bow:

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So somebody cudnt make it big like his other contemporaries means he has to live acc to others. 

Matalb uska chess khelene ke liye gaali khana banta hai kyunki wo yuvraj dhoni jaisa bada cricketer nhin bana.....:bow:

exactly. And I wouldn't say Yuvraj is a great cricketer. He chokes in big games

On 7/29/2017 at 2:16 PM, Mariyam said:

Its a cute pic.

However, the rook at the top right corner is upside down? :confused:

And the position is almost symmetrical. As if it has been arranged for this pic.

The fb moulvi wanna be trolls may feel that chess is haram, but posing in front of a chessboard for a selfie surely can't be haram.

You can tell looking at the positions that either Kaif doesn't know much about chess or was trying to just get his son interested about the game. 

Back to the topic - idiots are everywhere on both sides of the divide. News media unnecessarily give too much importance to the views of frustrated failures in life who can only provide their obtuse views via the anonimity of the internet. Stop giving them the importance that they do not deserve. 

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/kochi/kerala-operation-pigeon-saves-350-youths-from-isis/articleshow/59376792.cms

Kerala: Operation Pigeon ‘saves’ 350 youths from ISIS

KOCHI: Days after news of the massive IS recruitment drive from north Kerala's villages in mid-2016 shocked the state, Kerala police launched a silent but strategic de-radicalisation drive named Operation Pigeon aimed at preventing a repeat of a Padanne-like situation.

What started as a focussed drive in "certain areas'' in Kasaragod district, spread across the state with various agencies mining social media to prepare a list of "vulnerable Malayali youth''. The tally at the end of initial online recce came to 350.

All districts except Pathanamthitta reported footprints of recruiters who had "made more than preliminary contacts with them''. The state intelligence sleuths formed a special task force with personnel from NIA and IB. "Kannur district topped with 118 names followed by Malappuram (89) and Kasaragod (66),'' a top source told TOI. While Kozhikode had 25 youth with ``deep interest'', Palakkad reported 16. ``It was single digit for the rest. And there was not even one girl in this list of 350,'' he said.

A common factor binding all 350 youth, apart from their rigid religious routine, was their education background. "All are in the twenties. Many are pursuing engineering and medicine. We can't say even one of them was an illiterate,'' DGP B S Mohammed Yasin, head of state intelligence, said while confirming the campaign.

The special team touched base with community elders and parents of these youth as a first step. "The response was very positive. But for their support, we wouldn't have been possible to roll out this campaign,'' he said. The police organised individual and collective counselling sessions for the youth. The sessions were handled by specially-trained personnel from NIA and IB, sources said.

Operation Pigeon's first phase saw a majority of the youth realising that "the route was not as easy as they were made to believe''. But about 30 youngsters were firm in their commitment. We continue to engage them ``without ruffling any feelings'', sources said.

This bolded part is the best 

A common factor binding all 350 youth, apart from their rigid religious routine, was their education background. "All are in the twenties. Many are pursuing engineering and medicine. We can't say even one of them was an illiterate,'' DGP B S Mohammed Yasin, head of state intelligence, said while confirming the campaign.

How much longer is the myth that terrorism is related to poverty/being uneducated going to be propagated?

I'm sure Modiji's master plan of Quran in one hand and Computer in the other is going to end terrorism.

Or maybe Vikas, Vikas, Vikas :phehe: 

Edited by Tibarn

Myanmar troops arrest Rohingya militants after 6 Buddhists killed

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/myanmar-troops-arrest-rohingya-suspects-6-buddhists-killed/

KP style ethnic cleansing of Buddhist minority in Rakhine state. Already 30 Buddhists have been killed by Rohingya militant outfits in the last 3 months and thousands displaced. World media would like us to believe the Rohingyas are holy saints and defenseless victims. Truth is Rakhine state Buddhists are experiencing the true form of Islam....something KPs experienced in 90s and every single minority in every single Muslim majority area across the globe. 

Edited by Gollum

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

Myanmar troops arrest Rohingya militants after 6 Buddhists killed

http://indianexpress.com/article/world/myanmar-troops-arrest-rohingya-suspects-6-buddhists-killed/

KP style ethnic cleansing of Buddhist minority in Rakhine state. Already 30 Buddhists have been killed by Rohingya militant outfits in the last 3 months and thousands displaced. World media would like us to believe the Rohingyas are holy saints and defenseless victims. Truth is Rakhine state Buddhists are experiencing the true form of Islam....something KPs experienced in 90s and every single minority in every single Muslim majority area across the globe. 

India already hosting these lot in Kashmir and Hyderabad, won't be too long they start expressing their freedom with bombs and machetes. 

8 minutes ago, chewy said:

India already hosting these lot in Kashmir and Hyderabad, won't be too long they start expressing their freedom with bombs and machetes. 

Already these cretin have joined LeT, IM etc. Bodh Gaya Blasts and Gandhi Maidan blasts had involvement of these creatures. And not just Kashmir and Hyderabad, they are here in Bengaluru also, at least a thousand of them(official). Real nos may be much higher.