Republic TV - How do you guys see it?

Austin 3:!6

44 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

we need a clarification. which type of Malalyees were they

Though I didnt like Goswami's reporting and harassment of Shashi Tharoor, must admit people in Kerala also behaved very poorly.

I had an issue with the nature of Republic journalism but it does not change the fact about the ongoing political killings in Kerala. CPM goons are running wild there.

News channels these days should  come with ratings ,like for movies.Some of the stuff is vile and a lot is bad for children.

How does one explain Arnab and company to the kid ?

It's getting frustrating visiting parents and in laws. They seem to have an insatiable need to have this cacophony on all the time.

Then they complain..." 24 ghante phone dekhte ho aaj kal ke log"....

whatthe hell are they doing?....watching another screen .At  least we have the choice to see what we want to see without forcing it on the " family".

As long as every one is sitting and watching nonsense on the big screen...it is family time...hum saath saath hain.

Individually doing the same of ones own choice is ...sanskaron ka patan ( end of sanskar). Rant over 

Edited by beetle

7 hours ago, sarchasm said:

I suppose NDTV does not elicit a similarly impassioned reaction because of its minuscule viewership? That cannot be right. The best part about Republic is that it shows a mirror to the political class unlike other disconnected english language channels. India badly need Republic and I am glad they are finally dominating the scene.

Wion is the best English news channel.

They are neither good nor bad. They are opportunists. They are not here to win accolades for great journalism. As the new kid on the block, they will do what they can to get the eyeballs.

I see a larger issue here though. I believe they will be huge media house in another 2-3 years. They are doing things smartly. They have sensed that MSM has some blind spots and tends to put the blinkers on when it comes to certain issues. 

Republic has smartly targeted Lalu with the sting operation and backed by CBI raids helped in toppling the Bihar govt. They are the only ones to have dedicated coverage on WB riots and taking on the TMC. So, clearly Arnab senses he has space on the centre right nationalistic view point, a room that has been given to him by lame biased MSM. They will make the most of it.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:16 AM, ravishingravi said:

I see a larger issue here though. I believe they will be huge media house in another 2-3 years. They are doing things smartly. They have sensed that MSM has some blind spots and tends to put the blinkers on when it comes to certain issues. 

Republic has smartly targeted Lalu with the sting operation and backed by CBI raids helped in toppling the Bihar govt. They are the only ones to have dedicated coverage on WB riots and taking on the TMC.

And that's what media should do. Investigative journalism. We need more exclusives, investigations and thus Republic TV is doing a fine job there. Today, most news is about what person X said, and that starts the debate. We need actual news, not senseless news over what one person said.

Ultimately, the aim has to be a global Indian news channel like BBC, RT, Al Jazeera. It's critical we get to show our narrative to the world. And it's  Republic and Zee who can offer that, as they are Indian owned.

On 23/08/2017 at 4:13 PM, Tibarn said:

Arnab, another self proclaimed  liberal and secular person, on his TT show was arguing that TT is un-Koranic, so it should be banned. :phehe:

I observed it on most channels. As if it is more important to uphold religious practices and verses against fundamental principal of equality.

PS: Going by RS/Sagarika tweets i detest them tweets allthough Ideologically,  I am all in for past several years every Girl child getting equal share in parental property, not just in India but across any/every country.

Edited by mishra

4 hours ago, mishra said:

I observed it on most channels. As if it is more important to uphold religious practices and verses again fundamental principal of equality.

PS: Going by RS/Sagarika tweets i detest them tweets allthough Ideologically,  I am all in for several years every Girl child getting equal share in parental property, not just in India but across any/every country.

I was only pointing out Arnab because certain groups are trying to portray him as a "right winger." On this issue, he argues just like a pseudo-secular.

One could argue the only reason India's so-called "right" likes him is because he is pro-military.    

Today, on a legality debate over the court verdict, it was Arnab who was making the legal conclusions while the lawyers wanted to counter but didnt get a chance to respond. So why guests/experts come to his channel? Arnab talks more than them, and is seemingly the expert of all things, while others dont get any time to speak. Surely its plain money.

15 hours ago, someone said:

Today, on a legality debate over the court verdict, it was Arnab who was making the legal conclusions while the lawyers wanted to counter but didnt get a chance to respond. So why guests/experts come to his channel? Arnab talks more than them, and is seemingly the expert of all things, while others dont get any time to speak. Surely its plain money.

Thats how he has been, his show only he speaks and he always "does his homework" hence he is an "expert"

However he does things which no one else does, yesterday when that ram rahim fellow was found guilty i still saw most channels refering to him as baba ji or ram rahim; Aranb started that 'rapists' i couldnt stop laughing.  

27 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

However he does things which no one else does, yesterday when that ram rahim fellow was found guilty i still saw most channels refering to him as baba ji or ram rahim; Aranb started that 'rapists' i couldnt stop laughing.  

But he took it a step further. He said all babas should be put in jail... they are rapists... should not be left in country. That's irresponsible and stupid from him. It's like saying all journalists should be banned given Tejpal was a rapist.

Arnab just really wants a resignation to his credit. Imagine how much he will boast if it happens.

Arnab:  Vasundhara Raje should resign, SS Chauhan should resign, Sushma Swaraj should resign, Khattar should resign. :phehe: