Jadeja should not be Ranked No.1 All-Rounder

The man earned it fair and square. I don't like him much as a player but credit needs to be given where it's due. Shakib played most of his games at BD soil aswell, where is the justice in your logic?

P.S this also tells you the sorry state the current batch of allrounders are at. Gone are the days of Kallis, Imran, Kapil, etc, we are stuck with mediocrity.

10 hours ago, Shamim.Miah said:

ICC player ranking is flawed. How is Jadeja ranked better than Shakib Al Hasan in Test cricket? Jadeja played mostly in India last 12

months. www.twitter.com/Bangla13c 

Yes.  Shakib should be ranked #1 allrounder, and Bangladesh #1 test side.  I think the Hilsa you ate had some mercury that has poisoned your brains. 

in all fairness stokes is the best all rounder in cricket,jaddu is no 1 bowler thats good but you can trust him to score 20-25 runs with bat ,anything is bonus when he scores

keeping rankings aside stokes and ashwin are genuine all rounders around,moeen ali close on their heels

Edited by SK_IH

Shakib is a very good cricketer. But unfortunately owing to their test minnow status bang don't get enough test cricket against top tier nations and therefore don't have an opportunity to get some quality points in the ICC test ranking system. There is no conspiracy to degrade Bangladesh and their players. Before this home season we played 13 tests non-stop in seaming conditions. That will return from next January onwards.

27 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

I could name anyone but I wouldn't pretend that my opinion is 'in fairness' and without prejudice.

op can make a poll about best all rounder in cricket and see a consensus atleast here and get rid of any "prejudice'' :laugh:

48 minutes ago, Khota said:

Moeen Ali is another fraud masquerading as allrounder. Jaddu is better than both Moeen and the BD guy.

He bowled really good against SA and if he continues to evolve he can be taken seriously as AR. He says he worked with Saqlain which helped him a lot.Jaddu is better bowler than Mooen but Moeen is 100 times better batsman than Jaddu. He has played quite a few quality counter attacking innings.

2 hours ago, Pollack said:

He bowled really good against SA and if he continues to evolve he can be taken seriously as AR. He says he worked with Saqlain which helped him a lot.Jaddu is better bowler than Mooen but Moeen is 100 times better batsman than Jaddu. He has played quite a few quality counter attacking innings.

It helps him that he bats 2 slots lower than he could, so has zero pressure on him.  And his bowling looks quite handy when the rest of the attack takes wickets, but he gets exposed if they don't.  Like what happened in the India tour.  

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

SA is in disarray. I will take those figures with a grain of salt.  Moeen is just not good enough to play for India.

Edited by Khota
23 hours ago, Vilander said:

Dont worry much abt all rounder etc, but Jadeja is honestly a better bowler than Sakib or Moeen for sure.

Vilander pretty much summed it up. Shakib came into the scene with a bang with his bowling and but his bowling form slowly regressed . Where as Jadeja came into the scene with nothing, LITERALLY NOTHING BESIDE HIS FIELDING, and slowly matured into a good bowler. His batting still have a lot to be desired but his bowling has improved miles. 

Shakib is more of a Batting - Allrounder these days where as Jadeja is more of a bowling- Allrounder.