Changes required in the ODI and T20 squad for NZ series

ShebbySB

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Actually there are not that many better options.

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out

anyone is better than DK in terms of keeping, even Pappy Patel.

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

Actually there are not that many better options.

He did score a 50 in the last ODI in WI and runs in the T20 match too ( 48 off 29 balls ) was the best batsman in the last Vijay Hazare series- which should be a factor in ODI squad selections and is in good form, runs for India Red. Good IPL too. He deserves a go

When it comes to trying out backup for MSD in ODIs its between him and Pant, Samson has an outside shot. For now DK has the edge for me. I dont know how his keeping is, but we can find out

hows he better, he scores in IPL and domestic all the time and choke in international cricket. 

How much chances does he deserve more, 13 yrs and he needs more chances sill 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hows he better, he scores in IPL and domestic all the time and choke in international cricket. 

these karthik fans will want him to play even at 45. always fails to deliver in the important matches. even in WI, he did badly in the more challenging pitch and scored on a fairly placid (and inconsequential) one.

28 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is the best domestic List A batsman. Hes only played 2 matches in his latest come back, deserves a few matches

9 hours ago, Sooda said:

He is the best domestic List A batsman. Hes only played 2 matches in his latest come back, deserves a few matches

Wasim Jaffer was the best ranji trophy batsman. There are some players only good at domestic. karthik is one of them.

14 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Dhawan has been a consistent aggressive opener in ODIs. I wouldn't lose him for an inconsistent ever-injured Rahul.

In T20s, I agree we should get young blood

Whatever dhawan is, kl Rahul is much better player.  You can't put an opener at no. 4 and Expect same kind of performance.  Rahul is not getting fair chance due to kohli's selfishness.

10 hours ago, Sooda said:

If ur talking about proven domestic record well he is a proven international failure as well. IF it didnt happen in 13 yrs wnt happen now to . Giving him more chances is like robbing any youngsters of any chances. He had his chances, he can keep piling runs in domestic n IPL but its time pant, kishen shud be ahead of him. They might pass or fail but no point giving a failed candidate chance again n again

The ODI team is pretty good as is. 

The T20 team needs an almost complete overhaul. If the next WT20 isn't until 2020 as expected, there is no reason to continue with players like Dhawan, Dhoni, Nehra etc in the squad in this format. 

Now is the time to have Rahul, Thampi, Pant, and  other younger players to get experience in this format at an international level.  

23 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Wasim Jaffer was the best ranji trophy batsman. There are some players only good at domestic. karthik is one of them.

I Kinda agree.

karthik and even kedar has been too good in ranji and domestic cricket, even pankaj singh and vinay kumar were good in ranji and domestic cricket.

i told my bro that kedar will rock as an international player/batsman and i bet Kedar would have lost his place if his bowling would not have been the saving grace. I have been proved wrong.

even karthik proved me wrong more than a few times.

when Pankaj Singh debuted in a test match  I was Sure that he would rock as he had the fitness and experience to Succeed and he was bowling 132 to 140K which was not exactly trundling but I was proved wrong and he managed to get a single wicket in 2 tests, i guess- i looked Horrible as a cricket expert.

than even with abhey kuruvilla i was proved wrong, i had high expectations from him but he was a dud.

even with VRV Singh i had high hopes , i was proved a DUD analyst and he was proved as a dud bowler.

so Many players just tell us analysts that international level success is for real MAN and not many are meant for it.

just see pandya is succeeding in each and every match where as Binny and that rishi was a failure in most matches.

when we kinda give a thumbs up for each and every bowler , we should re think and then select the better one and then predict.

For me Siraj, Ankit rajpoot and Basil Thampi are the real deal and siraj and ankit rajpoot for tests and Thampi has yorkers so he should be marked only for ODI's. I kinda also believe that Sanghwan can also Succeed but he is not ahead of Siraj and Aniket.

So siraj and aniket even ahead of shardul thakur for tests.

All other upcoming pacers like avesh , navdeep saini ,aniket chowdhry and others are too raw at present. that tall left arm pacer Brar who debuted and succeeded is very good but he had Pace and stamina issue's so unless he improves he won't succeed.

2 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

Rahul, pant to open.. Bring rohit at 4..bRing back raina.. Boot out dhoni, dhawan, pandey and nehra.. Also bring a young fast bolwer and play with 3 pacers and six bolwers including hardik. 

Rohit in middle order has been a failed experiment. Lets not go back there

No dnt give raina free caps let him atleast score runs in domestic and if yo-yo test is the criteria he shud clear it 

On 10/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, Sooda said:

We have to rest Kohli for this series

And Let him play SL tests but not the SL LOIs. So when he goes to South Africa he is fresh

YEs kohli has to be rested now some were

T20 series against NZ and ODi series vs SL for sure, m not sure he ll be rested in Odi's vs NZ

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rohit in middle order has been a failed experiment. Lets not go back there

No dnt give raina free caps let him atleast score runs in domestic and if yo-yo test is the criteria he shud clear it 

I am not talking abt odi games.. T-20 is a different format all together... He does it for mumbai india.. ALSO he can settle it at that position and then gi beserk.. 

Two accumaletrs in the team kohli and rohit at 3 and 4 with dashers playing around them.. RAHUL is a proper opener.. Pant the dasher to take advantage of field restriction.. Then 2 accumaletrs in kohli and rohit.. No. 5 raina who can get going from the word go then blast with pandya brothers at 6 and 7

In foregn condition u can play just one spinner with jadhav raina and pandya 5th bowler.. Also make rohit captain in t-20 as kohli is too rigid and one dimensional 

Rahul/pant/kohli/rohit(c)/raina/jadhav/pandya/kuldeep/bhuvi/bumrah/thampi

5 hours ago, PSB_Zone said:

I am not talking abt odi games.. T-20 is a different format all together... He does it for mumbai india.. ALSO he can settle it at that position and then gi beserk.. 

Two accumaletrs in the team kohli and rohit at 3 and 4 with dashers playing around them.. RAHUL is a proper opener.. Pant the dasher to take advantage of field restriction.. Then 2 accumaletrs in kohli and rohit.. No. 5 raina who can get going from the word go then blast with pandya brothers at 6 and 7

In foregn condition u can play just one spinner with jadhav raina and pandya 5th bowler.. Also make rohit captain in t-20 as kohli is too rigid and one dimensional 

Rahul/pant/kohli/rohit(c)/raina/jadhav/pandya/kuldeep/bhuvi/bumrah/thampi

He takes to much time to get going, not a good solution in t20 .....neither he rotates like a kohli. Already we are not getting rid of dhoni in t20

Why do u need accumlators in t20......thats such a defensive ploy.

Rahul has done well at 4 in IPL and has a international 100 at 4 in t20. He has the game for a batsman at 4

Pant - he is not considered as opener by his state side or even India-A so i dnt see him becoming an opener 

Jadhav and raina- only one shud play among them 

I agree on making rohit captain