Is Pandya biggest hitter in world cricket currently?

cric_fan

Pandya is a destructive batsman against spinners.

But his ability to hit pacers is underestimated and not bad at all.  We have seen him smash international pacers for big 6s. in the IPL.

Even in SL, we saw during his test century how he hooked , pulled and upper-cut  Kumara  for 6s and 4s.  

In the morning of his test century there was some movement on offer for the seamers. Fernando was moving the ball and Kumara was quick.    Apart from hitting, he has shown the ability to survive against probing seam bowling.  Did the same against Australia A too in an unofficial test match.

Edited by express bowling

Even though Pandya has a much better batting technique,I have  to go with Evin Lewis...the guy has played 3-4 innings when he was in the zone and he hit some monstorus 6s against both pace and spin.

Andre Russell whom Pandya reminds me so much of would be another one but obviously he is not playing right now.

He isn't even a big hitter against back of the length spin bowling.
there are a dozen guys who are bigger hitter than him.

I have huge hopes from him but he is nothing to talk as of now except 3-4 good innings in last couple of months, he hasn't reached any significant level yet.

His fieldinng is more impressive than his batting and bowling. Lets see how he turns up in the longer format. He has earned playing every t20 as he is perfect for that format since he is an agile fielder, can hit feom ball 1, and bowl a bit, but it remains to be seen how he does on the coming tour. Hopefully he will do well like he did earlier in the year. Still would say, right now he is a better fielder than batsman or bowler.