Mani Shankar Aiyar calls PM Modi, “Neech Aadmi”...

asterix

22 hours ago, asterix said:

In my opinion, Mani did a supreme sacrifice, only expected from a career boot licker of the family. Gandhi’s very well know that they are going to lose Gujarat. By making Mani the fall guy, a “hard working, temple going” RaGa will skirt the blame, atleast for next elections.

looks like it with the haste they booted him lol, all very comfortable ready with excuses. They will be digging their own grave, only faster now.

22 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t think these mani shankar,subramaniam Swamy etc.. can speak Tamil at all.I believe their dads where diplomats etc posted in North so they pretty much grew up there..I don’t speak Tamil but I understand it a little and I stumbled upon this Subramaniam Swamy  Tamil interview and in the comments section,he was brutally getting criticized by the @velu s And @BeautifulGame s of the world for sucking at it.

Never seen mani orate in tamil, but Swamy is a different league he had a party in TN for some time. He is no match to other classic political orators in tamil (Viko/Karuna class - they are like Hindi level Modi/Vajpayee) but he can wipe the floor with some average joe law college leader types.

It is same as B word here in west. We immigrants do sometime mess it up. I once used the word while ordering my food, "Please dont put Black Pepper, I hate it". The server/Cook (African) were stunned. I could see it on their faces. But with my friendly behavior and my continuous visits they figured out that I might have used it accidentally. We are educated people and we have to keep these social etiquette in mind. Even if you dont mean something, you cannot go on using it over and over. Issue is not the word, the issue is overuse of that word, the mindset.

Plus sham apology is not helping the cause. Instead of sacking him, they should have used other dalit leaders from the party to accompany him to show that he seriously regrets what he said and he respects the community. By sacking him, congress has officially accepted it that he literally meant that word. Cong is $crewed. 

dont know if you know Tamil but there is a term 'ezhivaana' that gets tossed around in tamil political circles that does this job very safely. wonder how iyer did this rookie mistake, unless he wanted to deliberately.

See my post above. He did it to save RaGa from the blame of losing the election as President.

He’ll be rewarded later... it’s a Deep level game...

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

dont know if you know Tamil but there is a term 'ezhivaana' that gets tossed around in tamil political circles that does this job very safely. wonder how iyer did this rookie mistake, unless he wanted to deliberately.

ilivana is not in hindi na .. he was giving interview in hindi ..

anyway i am sure he meant low level person ..

but more importanthly people like chidambaram or iyer who wont even get 100 votes by themsleves are staying relevant in congress 

4 minutes ago, velu said:

ilivana is not in hindi na .. he was giving interview in hindi ..

anyway i am sure he meant low level person ..

but more importanthly people like chidambaram or iyer who wont even get 100 votes by themsleves are staying relevant in congress 

guess we dont know but there might be a word for it. lol

but yeah in a way who is this guy, no one will know he is gone may be some literary circles. Chid is an other case, his son does his dirty work.

1 hour ago, dial_100 said:

It is same as B word here in west. We immigrants do sometime mess it up. I once used the word while ordering my food, "Please dont put Black Pepper, I hate it". The server/Cook (African) were stunned. I could see it on their faces. But with my friendly behavior and my continuous visits they figured out that I might have used it accidentally. We are educated people and we have to keep these social etiquette in mind. Even if you dont mean something, you cannot go on using it over and over. Issue is not the word, the issue is overuse of that word, ithe mindset.

Plus sham apology is not helping the cause. Instead of sacking him, they should have used other dalit leaders from the party to accompany him to show that he seriously regrets what he said and he respects the community. By sacking him, congress has officially accepted it that he literally meant that word. Cong is $crewed. 

you have to be extremely cautious even within ones own state more Indic looking people for instance in certain regions of TN have to be very safe what they talk and appear to fraternize with while interacting with local folks, it is a delicate balance some terms will elicit an aggressive response, its very common. i am sure there are parallels in some districts in Bhar, MP, Chattisgargh etc.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

you have to be extremely cautious even within ones own state more Indic looking people for instance in certain regions of TN have to be very safe what they talk and appear to fraternize with while interacting with local folks, it is a delicate balance some terms will elicit an aggressive response, its very common. i am sure there are parallels in some districts in Bhar, MP, Chattisgargh etc.

do you mean Real Tamil vs Vantheri Tamil ? :giggle:

as far as i know only VCK and to some extent cheeman try to classify adi dravidars are the real tamils and the rest are outsiders ..

even if they are correct , it really doesnt make any difference because someone came 2000 years and others 4000 years before 

1 minute ago, velu said:

do you mean Real Tamil vs Vantheri Tamil ? :giggle:

as far as i know only VCK and to some extent cheeman try to classify adi dravidars are the real tamils and the rest are outsiders ..

even if they are correct , it really doesnt make any difference because someone came 2000 years and others 4000 years before 

i mean more dalit panthers and their friends :) ..entire villages are off limits for PMK vanniyars and dalit groups, the funny thing for some folks from other districts is we can not tell the difference that they saw in themselves, it was sad and ironic.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

i mean more dalit panthers and their friends :) ..entire villages are off limits for PMK vanniyars and dalit groups, the funny thing for some folks from other districts is we can not tell the difference that they saw in themselves, it was sad and ironic.

unless they say , they look more or less same . but i am sure vanniyars are  far richer than dalit panters .. anyway both ahte each other ( anbumani ramadas came in blacksheep channel and he was asked abt tirumavalvan ) :rotfl:

actually dalit panters are the one who are claiming that they are the first citizens of TN .. i am still not very sure they beelive in what they say or just trolling upper caste peoples ..

yesterday he said  all shiva and vishnu temples should be destroyes and converted back to buddisht temples  :mad:

6 minutes ago, velu said:

unless they say , they look more or less same . but i am sure vanniyars are  far richer than dalit panters .. anyway both ahte each other ( anbumani ramadas came in blacksheep channel and he was asked abt tirumavalvan ) :rotfl:

actually dalit panters are the one who are claiming that they are the first citizens of TN .. i am still not very sure they beelive in what they say or just trolling upper caste peoples ..

yesterday he said  all shiva and vishnu temples should be destroyes and converted back to buddisht temples  :mad:

its just lousy politics..never had any time for the scum there from either side..god i hated it there, i spent a few years in Chidambaram..lol amazing temple you would see families that will have women wearing authentic madisars and kids with pale white skin and blue eyes  it was weird but the temple was godly lots of stories there was an amazing ellia kali amman kovil as well with more tamil type following. The city was filled with vaniyars ( yes much much richer in big homes) and from villages came the other group. 

First few years for some of us from other states and chennai etc we had no fn clue who was what, we were visible minority, then things became clearer. I have seen some of the most prejudiced individuals there.

Edited by Vilander

On 12/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, maniac said:

I don’t think these mani shankar,subramaniam Swamy etc.. can speak Tamil at all.I believe their dads where diplomats etc posted in North so they pretty much grew up there..I don’t speak Tamil but I understand it a little and I stumbled upon this Subramaniam Swamy  Tamil interview and in the comments section,he was brutally getting criticized by the @velu s And @BeautifulGame s of the world for sucking at it.

Mani Shankar Aiyar doesn't speak Hindi/Urdu too well.

I'm sure he speaks decent Tamil. Ditto Subramanian Swamy, who has co-authored a book in Tamil.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

I'm sure he speaks decent Tamil. Ditto Subramanian Swamy, who has co-authored a book in Tamil.

Mani Shankar Aiyer speaks Hindi/Urdu very well, you need a Hindi/Urdu to English dictionary by your side when he starts speaking.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He hrew all over North India, born in Pakistan. He attended Welham Boys' School, The Doon School and obtained B.A. in Economics fromSt. Stephen's College, Delhi, University of Delhi. I am sure his Hindi is very good to give that as an excuse.

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

He is hindi spokesperson for congress. many times seen on tv.

this is not a mistake, or translation error. There is a genuine hatred for Modi and his class. The latter makes it the big issue, his caste, his poor background, lack of sophisticated english makes him a target.

and modj has been called many worse names in past. Earlier, media didnt make a issue for it. Today, Modi is powerful so obviously the status quo has changed. The old way of abuse and no reaction is gone

25 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

@Gollum   @coffee_rules @someone

I'm not defending Aiyar's reprehensible and neech comments!!

But if you guys think his Hindi/Urdu is good, then its a low benchmark that you have for the language.

Lets just say it is better than that of an average Indian, which I guess is a low benchmark. He us a good talker when not filled vitriol.