Navdeep Saini bowling with genuine pace now ( Fastest of 152.9 kph )

32 minutes ago, nsareen said:

This starc ? eafdf5ae89d076b6088da2c938c3c3d5.jpg

Maybe you just want to prove a stupid point..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

staarc's knee does collapse at times while bowling,though its not that common,mostly he has it locked from what i have seen.

Edited by RAZPOR

Saini's speeds have been deeply disappointing in the last 2 matches.

And his bowling style is such that his success depends a lot on his skiddy pace.  This is because he is not an extra tall bounce bowler who can succeed at 135 k. Nor does he have great ability to swing the ball.

He gets bounce but that happens when he is bowling quick. 

First Khaleel and now Saini.  Does it point towards Bharat Arun and Ravi Shastri tinkering with the actions of young pacers with a view to  " improve " them. ?

The other explanation could be that Saini's injury after the IPL has not recovered fully and he is playing with partial injury.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And his bowling style is such that his success depends a lot on his skiddy pace.  This is because he is not an extra tall bounce bowler who can succeed at 135 k. Nor does he have great ability to swing the ball.

First Khaleel and now Saini.  Does it point towards Bharat Arun and Ravi Shastri tinkering with the actions of young pacers with a view to  " improve " them. ?

The other explanation could be that Saini's injury after the IPL has not recovered fully and he is playing with partial injury.

Don't be ridiculous. There has been no modification in either of their bowling actions. Khaleel was never a 148 Kph bowler, even though he clocked that in SMA Trophy 2 years ago. Saini, for most of his career was a 138 - 142 kph bowler. That is not enough to blow the opposition away with pace alone.

I believe you ahve yourself said in the past that you would be happy (and not be disappointed) with him operating in the 135 - 140 kph range and that last few months have been a revelation. Lets just accept that this is his usual range.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Naah, I am almost convinced that the indian speed guns have been tampered with. He was never express to begin with.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvneshwar,Pandya and even Bumrah improved their pace under Bharat Arun. So you cant blame him for Saini and Khaleel. 

3 hours ago, RAZPOR said:

i would rate warrier,mavi,avesh and even prasidh over him.

His saving grace is that he is a left hander,i don't see whats special about him other than the initial hype ,which was mostly because he was quick back then.

i am talking about skills and Khaleel at this stage has more skills than the ones you mentioned.  you need to understand what does skill mean for a fast bowler whether he can swing the ball, he does; whether he can bowl good bouncer, he can; whether he can bowl yorker, he can; whether he can bowl good slower balls, yes he can.  None of the above-mentioned posses all these skills.

3 hours ago, nsareen said:

This starc ? eafdf5ae89d076b6088da2c938c3c3d5.jpg

Maybe you just want to prove a stupid point. I believe you would then disagree with the likes of Ian Bishop & a couple of others too, for pointing out the collapsed leg anomaly during the IPL.. well what do they know right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont want to prove any point.  i just want to say every individual is different and there is no hard and fast rule that a bowler with bent knee cant generate pace.  Pace depends on your fast twitch fibers.  if you have those, you will bowl quick.  braced front leg may help you maximize your pace but it wont turn you into an express pacer if you aren't one.

12 hours ago, Pandya_Power said:

Don't be ridiculous. There has been no modification in either of their bowling actions.

Khaleel is bending his back to a lesser degree these days.  See his bowling videos of 2018 SMA Trophy and see his bowling videos of 2019.  Moreover, he himself claimed that Arun has been working on modifying his ball release so that he gets more swing.

Khaleel was never a 148 Kph bowler, even though he clocked that in SMA Trophy 2 years ago.

Even if we discount spells in the high 140s, Khaleel did bowl 133 k to 143 k/ 145 k range in the Asia Cup 2018.  Currently, he is rarely crossing 140 k even.

Saini, for most of his career was a 138 - 142 kph bowler. That is not enough to blow the opposition away with pace alone.

Saini was consistently bowling 135 k to 144 k / 145 k in the 5 day knockout matches of Ranji 2017- 18.  Even that pace is quick enough if a pacer is skiddy or bouncy.  In the last 2 T20I matches, he was more 131 k to 141 k range.

I believe you ahve yourself said in the past that you would be happy (and not be disappointed) with him operating in the 135 - 140 kph range and that last few months have been a revelation. Lets just accept that this is his usual range.

I said that I will find it acceptable if Saini bowls 135 k to 145 k range with accuracy,  sufficient use of surprise bouncers,  skiddiness and seam movement.

This is because I believe that 135 k to 145 k is his default speed range and anything quicker will be s bonus.

But Saini has started bowling 131 k to 141 k in the last 2 matches. This won't do.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, express bowling said:

But Saini has started bowling 131 k to 141 k in the last 2 matches. This won't do.

it could be based on the conditions and what it mandated to get wickets. WI bowlers who bowled quicker did not get wickets ( given it could be due to differnce in batting quality). I think we should see him bowl  in few more games 

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

After Khaleel, the ICF pace brigade disowns Saini. 

Obviously, conditions he bowled in do not matter.

Who’s next on the list?

Saini has looked good in patches, ordinary in patches.  He's young, new to int'l cricket.  Very few fast bowlers become instant superstars - Not everyone can be a Rabada or Steyn.  Even Wasim Akram had poor stats in his first few years of cricket.  Went on to become the best left-arm pace bowler ever.  

In baseball - young pitchers who can be potential superstars, take 2-3 years in the "minor leagues" to work on control, and the mindset to work hitters out.  Because its one thing to have the ability to pitch fast, and put it in the strike zone, its a totally different thing to learn which delivery to pitch to which hitter depending on the situation.  Even when throwing the ball with bent elbow, its a very difficult thing to learn.   This is why pace bowlers deserve the longest rope of all types of cricketers.  

Even Jasprit Bumrah, an absolute old soul of a bowler - a guy who almost instinctively seems to know when to use which variation, has been developing into the lead dog he is today, for more than 2-3 years.  It takes time.  And many get lost along on the way and never quite get there.  

Let's be patient with our prospects - I do not know if Khaleel, Saini, Siraj, etc are ever going to blossom into a legit int'l cricket star.  But the least we can do as fans, is be honest about the process, and be fair to them as they go on their journey.   Sitting here in your underwear, and demanding 3 wickets per game is easy.   Being an informed fan who takes the good with the bad is not obvious. 

World Cup is 4 years away.  Crunch test series against top teams are months away.  Let's be patient with the prospects, and save the heartburn for the team management - whose *-ups are much more glaringly obvious.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He reminds of Dale Steyn without that classic outswinger.This guy would do better in red ball cricket than white ball cricket.

Exactly,but morons have introduced him in circus format and think doing well against WI will do a world of good to him

Not every bowler is Bumrah ,who himself got into cricket from shortest format