Justice for Rahul Campaign (JFRC)

35 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Another one of those thread where our world beaters are always on bench. Rahane was struggling, sure would have been nice to have him in playing xi however how do you drop rohit for rahane considering current form ?

All the people complaining about kohli and his bias are the same ones who crib when players with strong domestic performance arent picked. Picking players on current form is a hot topic only when it fits personal preference.  Remember Nair was dropped after he got a triple hundred for Rahane, so what happened to bias then ?

After Saha's yesterdays performance if you are one of those who  still thinks pant should be promoted to Indian team then we all know who has bias  

Pant was brilliant behind the stumps in Ranji Final. you need to watch games first to form opinions.

19 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pant was brilliant behind the stumps in Ranji Final. you need to watch games first to form opinions.

But how is he better than Saha? Pant was good but not brilliant as you saying. I even remember watching his missed stumping in the Ranji Final. 

Batting wise. Saha is a limited batsman. Pant has potential, but he is far from ready for international stage. He can be a backup to Saha on these tours and learn by just being with senior teams(if those things even happen in Kohli/Shastri regime - nurturing a talent lol)

46 minutes ago, Shunya said:

But how is he better than Saha? Pant was good but not brilliant as you saying. I even remember watching his missed stumping in the Ranji Final. 

Batting wise. Saha is a limited batsman. Pant has potential, but he is far from ready for international stage. He can be a backup to Saha on these tours and learn by just being with senior teams(if those things even happen in Kohli/Shastri regime - nurturing a talent lol)

I don't know what this means in test cricket. Saha doesn't play ODIs. He has done whatever is required from him as batsman. He has bailed us out in tough situation. Averages 35 ever since he became regular and has only improved his performance with bat.

10 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I don't know what this means in test cricket. Saha doesn't play ODIs. He has done whatever is required from him as batsman. He has bailed us out in tough situation. Averages 35 ever since he became regular and has only improved his performance with bat.

I agree with most that you said. Saha has played some gritty knocks in Tests especially the WI tour. But again, he just like everyone else has to perform this year in tougher conditions/oppositions which he is still untested. I feel he is limited batsman, as in not someone who can counterattack or score big daddy hundreds. He doesn't give that confidence in batting where he will play out a day with tailenders and save a match on last day. Hope he proves me wrong. Lets see how he proves his metal in next couple of years. Right now there is no competition to his place. Pant and everyone else can be his backup and learn.

7 minutes ago, Shunya said:

I agree with most that you said. Saha has played some gritty knocks in Tests especially the WI tour. But again, he just like everyone else has to perform this year in tougher conditions/oppositions which he is still untested. I feel he is limited batsman, as in not someone who can counterattack or score big daddy hundreds. He doesn't give that confidence in batting where he will play out a day with tailenders and save a match on last day. Hope he proves me wrong. Lets see how he proves his metal in next couple of years. Right now there is no competition to his place. Pant and everyone else can be his backup and learn.

in reality, apart from karthik for 2 tours and a few isolated instances, we've never had a keeper score 100s or even crucial match-winning 50s outside the SC. even dobby does not have 1 outside SC I think. even among the others, the few that exist are in WI which is a weak team. indian keepers have never been good enough batsmen to score 100s (forget about daddy 100s) in oz, sa and eng. we should be satisfied with what we have in saha - generally a safe keeper, and a decent bat at 7 or 8.

Edited by Vijy
2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

After Saha's yesterdays performance if you are one of those who  still thinks pant should be promoted to Indian team then we all know who has bias  

No one is asking for him to replace saha at present.

People want him to be given a fair chance in the T 20 team only.

If he does well,he along with the other young keepers will have a chance to fight for a place in tests some day in the future.

We will need keepers to replace dhoni and saha ( in 3-4 years).we can't expect to get them ready by not playing them. We should be blooding two young keepers in less important series.

Edited by beetle
7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

in reality, apart from karthik for 2 tours and a few isolated instances, we've never had a keeper score 100s outside the SC. even dobby does not have 1 outside SC I think. even among the others, the few that exist are in WI which is a weak team. indian keepers have never been good enough batsmen to score 100s (forget about daddy 100s) in oz, sa and eng. we should be satisfied with what we have in saha - generally a safe keeper, and a decent bat at 7 or 8.

True. We never got those hundreds or daddies. But some potential to counterattack or play a day out with tailenders to save a match on last day is what usually can be expected in these away tours. If Saha can do, he should play on for years, why not. Pant is usually hyped because of the way he batted in 1 season. He can be tried and tested as a backup option in some matches here and there. He will only learn from it and frankly speaking he has lot to learn.

2 minutes ago, Shunya said:

True. We never got those hundreds or daddies. But some potential to counterattack or play a day out with tailenders to save a match on last day is what usually can be expected in these away tours. If Saha can do, he should play on for years, why not. Pant is usually hyped because of the way he batted in 1 season. He can be tried and tested as a backup option in some matches here and there. He will only learn from it and frankly speaking he has lot to learn.

yep. a lot.

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

All hail Dhoni and his favorite pets. I will not be surprised if Raina get back to the team. This is the dangerous trend BCCI didn't bother to stop and now we are seeing the after effects.

we will witness raina, yuvi and Dhoni manning the middle order in the 2019 WC. the golden oldies. or maybe even mohd kaif.

Edited by Vijy
15 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I did a bit and dont think it was close to what i saw from saha yesterday the guy was absolutely brilliant. 

you only watched a bit. i watched most of his keeping and had posted about it in match thread too. Some of pants take down leg side were just brilliant. several people commented about that, not just me.

6 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you only watched a bit. i watched most of his keeping and had posted about it in match thread too. Some of pants take down leg side were just brilliant. several people commented about that, not just me.

Some of  Dhonis take in the recently concluded SL series were brilliant, a couple of stumping were all Dhoni. 

7 minutes ago, NameGoesHere said:

I watched the final.  Pant was ok, not brilliant.  Saha is a far superior keeper

that's true. saha reminds me of prasanna jaya from sl in some ways.

indian keeping standards qre quite low compared to the past, since the emphasis has shifted to batting. if the likes of pant kept on some of the pitches saha played on, they would have conceded over 15-20 runs in byes.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But quality of bowling also matters, very difficult to keep when Shami, Bhuvi, Ash are bowling.