Dhoni asked me to open, changed my career - Hitman Rohit !!!

velu

14 minutes ago, New guy said:

8 out of 174 with Bangla included?

He played only 66 innings outside subcontinent in his entire career and averages about 46.57 and strikes about 80.  (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34102.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;home_or_away=3;host=1;host=2;host=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;template=results;type=batting;view=innings)

The innings against BD have come in WC QF and CT SF and not some trivial matches against weak oppositions. If not for them, the matches could have gone into India's hall of shame!!!

I was responding to some biased posters such as @LordPrabhzy who do not seem to look at the "daddy-hundred" capability of Rohit Sharma!!! :-)

1 hour ago, sarcastic said:

He played only 66 innings outside subcontinent in his entire career and averages about 46.57 and strikes about 80.  (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/34102.html?class=2;filter=advanced;home_or_away=2;home_or_away=3;host=1;host=2;host=3;host=4;host=5;host=9;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=25;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=start;template=results;type=batting;view=innings)

The innings against BD have come in WC QF and CT SF and not some trivial matches against weak oppositions. If not for them, the matches could have gone into India's hall of shame!!!

I was responding to some biased posters such as @LordPrabhzy who do not seem to look at the "daddy-hundred" capability of Rohit Sharma!!! :-)

What are you five? Im not biased? Im looking at his stats. How many times has he made a century in SA- None, how many times in NZ- none, how many times in WI?- None. He has scored 1 in Eng but that was against Bangladesh and not in a ODI series against Eng.So far he has scored consistent hundreds in India, SL and Australia and thats it.

I have taken the same approach with Kohli and repeatedly said he needs to replicate his current terrific form in Eng, SA and NZ on a consistent basis to prove he can be a ATG in tests. Rohit has to do the same in overseas conditions for him to get a ODI great tag.

Its not being biased but its about wanting our national players to do well in all conditions rather than just be flat track bullies against minnow bowling attacks?

6 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

What are you five? Im not biased? Im looking at his stats. How many times has he made a century in SA- None, how many times in NZ- none, how many times in WI?- None. He has scored 1 in Eng but that was against Bangladesh and not in a ODI series against Eng.So far he has scored consistent hundreds in India, SL and Australia and thats it.

I have taken the same approach with Kohli and repeatedly said he needs to replicate his current terrific form in Eng, SA and NZ on a consistent basis to prove he can be a ATG in tests. Rohit has to do the same in overseas conditions for him to get a ODI great tag.

Its not being biased but its about wanting our national players to do well in all conditions rather than just be flat track bullies against minnow bowling attacks?

It took tendulkar 18 years to score a century in Australia. Its absolutely unrealistic expecting 100s on good bowling pitches against good place attacks from openers in ODIs when par score is 200-250. 100s are mostly scored when par is 300. Even Kohli doesn't have 100 in England, SA and it is all about 100. Rohit was MOS in WI 2011 and 2013

Edited by rkt.india
7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

It took tendulkar 18 years to score a century in Australia. Its absolutely unrealistic expecting 100s on good bowling pitches against good place attacks from openers in ODIs when par score is 200-250. 100s are mostly scored when par is 300. Even Kohli doesn't have 100 in England, SA and it is all about 100. Rohit was MOS in WI 2011 and 2013

So are you saying because of this its impossible to make ODI hundreds in ENg SA and NZ?.... didnt stop other batsmen to score centuries in those respective countries

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Kohli scored a 100 in Cardiff 2011 I believe. Got out hitwicket. Cardiff is in Wales, so your point still stands about no 100 in England.

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

So are you saying because of this its impossible to make ODI hundreds in ENg SA and NZ?.... didnt stop other batsmen to score centuries in those respective countries

No i didn't say that, not impossible. Problem is we haven't played many ODIs there in recent years. SRT took four tours to score a 100 in ODI in Australia. Rohit hasn't played much in England or SA.