India votes on Jerusalem against US, Israel at United Nations

Gollum

But PMO has a big say in external affairs matters. Has the entire machinery collectively had a brain fade? 

Not brain fade, but played safe. They could've abstained from the vote, like Canada...You've to join the dots.

# India didn't wanted issues with Iran ATM as Chabahar supply line just begun.

# Didn't wanted to open new fronts with Arab countries...

# Triple Talaq bill was in the offing and BJP didn't wanted to lose the advantage by any Palestinian issue...

# BJP want to divide the Muslim votes and upcoming elections in Karnataka...

# #VisaMata is currently being soft on many issues.

Now this Palestinian diplomat present with Hafiz Sayeed will be treated by MEA seriously and Palestinian govt will be informed of India's displeasure and an ultimatum.

Now Palestinians don't care and n a way India too doesn't care of what they or OIC rant about Kashmir as India has separate trade relations with OIC countries.

In my opinion, India should've abstained from vote or can alter its position if this continues.

@asterix The good thing I see here is that had we abstained and then this meeting had happened libtards/Muslims/opposition would have done hullabol blaming Modi sarkar for the event. Now that we voted against Israel and this meet still took place the true face of Palestine (and Mulsims) has been revealed. Hope this becomes a national issue now and BJP goes hammer and tongs against the left/Muslims/opposition.

[mention=8115]asterix[/mention] The good thing I see here is that had we abstained and then this meeting had happened libtards/Muslims/opposition would have done hullabol blaming Modi sarkar for the event. Now that we voted against Israel and this meet still took place the true face of Palestine (and Mulsims) has been revealed. Hope this becomes a national issue now and BJP goes hammer and tongs against the left/Muslims/opposition.

I agree. Opposition can’t now blame BJP for voting on Palestinians as it’ll be playing in BJPs hands, especially after TT.

I think Modi has made a deep Chess like move. It’s a trap for Congress and other opposition parties...

7 hours ago, asterix said:

Not brain fade, but played safe. They could've abstained from the vote, like Canada...You've to join the dots.

# India didn't wanted issues with Iran ATM as Chabahar supply line just begun.

# Didn't wanted to open new fronts with Arab countries...

# Triple Talaq bill was in the offing and BJP didn't wanted to lose the advantage by any Palestinian issue...

# BJP want to divide the Muslim votes and upcoming elections in Karnataka...

# #VisaMata is currently being soft on many issues.

Now this Palestinian diplomat present with Hafiz Sayeed will be treated by MEA seriously and Palestinian govt will be informed of India's displeasure and an ultimatum.

Now Palestinians don't care and n a way India too doesn't care of what they or OIC rant about Kashmir as India has separate trade relations with OIC countries.

In my opinion, India should've abstained from vote or can alter its position if this continues.

I don’t know what kind of game India wants to play with Iran but Iran openly supports Kashmir independence and calls India the occupier.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:12 PM, MechEng said:

Although I agree we should have abstained, vote in Palestine's favour must have pissed off Pakistan so bad! It has not only strengtened India's relationship with other muslim countries but may have also softened the anti India rhetoric in Kashmir!

Man what will we gain by voting in favor of Palestine. We ain't strengthening anything with any muslim country.

We should have abstained this issue.

3 hours ago, gattaca said:

I don’t know what kind of game India wants to play with Iran but Iran openly supports Kashmir independence and calls India the occupier.

My wish is that primary use of Chabahar (from Indian viewpoint) is to supply Afghans (who are willing to fe ck with bakis) and Baloch insurgency. I don't have the slightest inkling or hope that Iranians are willing to trade with Indians over the longer term or let Indians through to Central Asia... Afterall, once a jihadi, always a jihadi. I hope GOI won't go all out in trying to match china dollar for dollar in terms of investment in this region. Do the bare minimum. And if they can mine and import from the minerals rich regions of Afghanistan, great. But that is just icing on the cake. Primary goal needs to be to fund the crap out of balochis so that balochistan becomes a no go region for Bakis and Chinis. 

www.ndtv.com/india-news/palestine-envoy-shares-stage-with-hafiz-saeed-in-pak-india-says-will-take-up-strongly-1793722?amp=1&akamai-rum=off

Palestine Envoy Shares Stage With Hafiz Saeed In Pak, India Says Will Take Up Strongly

Serves us right for supporting these backstabbers.

I really don't understand why we stand by these ingrates.

It is high time we stop trying to look politically correct while these bastards align with the terrorists.

Edited by beetle

Very few Indian Muslims on social media have condemned this. Ofc there are a few who have expressed outrage, but the vast majority are with Palestine on this one. They seem to suggest that Hafiz Saeed is an innocent man who had been framed by GOI and Indian intel to malign an Islamic cleric.........why are these people like that? Those who say we need to understand diplomacy and not interfere in Pak-Palestine bilateral matter (majority of the libtard gang), I would have had no issue had that ambassador met a Pak politician or even a military general....how can you defend him meeting a dreaded terrorist like Hafiz Saeed? 

20 hours ago, Gollum said:

Very few Indian Muslims on social media have condemned this. Ofc there are a few who have expressed outrage, but the vast majority are with Palestine on this one. They seem to suggest that Hafiz Saeed is an innocent man who had been framed by GOI and Indian intel to malign an Islamic cleric.........why are these people like that? Those who say we need to understand diplomacy and not interfere in Pak-Palestine bilateral matter (majority of the libtard gang), I would have had no issue had that ambassador met a Pak politician or even a military general....how can you defend him meeting a dreaded terrorist like Hafiz Saeed? 

Sadly conspiracy theory is a major disease. Anyone who defends Hafeez Saeed lacks humanity or is delusional or both. 

Apparently the Palestinian envoy had been meeting Hafiz Saeed frequently for many years now. Also has given hate speech against India in public before. Do you think these things happen without Abbas' backing? Palestines are cockroaches who deserve to get stomped underneath the feet of Israelis. 

Edited by Gollum

Modi 1st Indian PM in Palestine, lays wreath on grave of global terrorist Yasser Arafat who was also one of the masterminds behind the Munich Olympics massacre. Expected this * from Congress but WTF is this? 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/pm-narendra-modi-in-palestine-all-you-need-to-know/articleshow/62859480.cms

Just now, Gollum said:

Modi 1st Indian PM in Palestine, lays wreath on grave of global terrorist Yasser Arafat who was also one of the masterminds behind the Munich Olympics massacre. Expected this * from Congress but WTF is this? 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/pm-narendra-modi-in-palestine-all-you-need-to-know/articleshow/62859480.cms

It's called playing to the gallery. Did you honestly think that NaMo would start Arab-bashing as soon as he got elected?   

12 minutes ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It's called playing to the gallery. Did you honestly think that NaMo would start Arab-bashing as soon as he got elected?   

We can have good relations with other Arab states. Why Palestine, a country whose envoy recently was a guest of honour in a Hafiz Saeed rally? 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

We can have good relations with other Arab states. Why Palestine, a country whose envoy recently was a guest of honour in a Hafiz Saeed rally? 

We're currently playing a balancing game between Israel and the Arab world, which is how it should be. There is a benefit to paying diplomatic lip service to both parties in this conflict. Would it have made any difference to the Indo-Pak ground realities if the Palestine envoy had not met Saeed? No. It was just a bit of grandstanding on their part to appease their friends, that's it. 

Let's not get caught up with pappi-jhappi sentimentality. Realpolitik is paramount when it comes to geopolitics. India tends to gain from the persistence of the Israel-Palestine conflict and we should milk both sides whenever possible. This gesture from NaMo was to win brownie points with the Arabs, that's all.

Israel are our strategic partners for NOW as both India and Israel are threatened by radical Islam. It is the basis for our intelligence sharing agreement. We must remember that the Israelis are no saints themselves. They have a track record of backstabbing their allies/former allies (France, Iran in the 70s and even the Americans) when it is expedient to them so keeping them at an arm's length is the way to go. Them 'selling' weapons to us during Kargil was business for the most part and I've already addressed why they share intel with us. 

Geopolitics is very complex. For example, China is our largest trading partner while at the same time it is also our biggest rival/enemy in Asia. We continue to do business with China even though we know how it funds and supports Pakistan as well as Naxals/Maoists. Shouldn't we embargo the Chinese? Ideologically yes but logically no. We continued trade with China even during the Dolam stand off. 

No need to get upset or carried away with political grandstanding, it accounts for very little at the end of the day. In geopolitics, India's best interests are what matter at the end of the day.