Is this start of new trend for Indian cricket team? New low of favoritism.

12 minutes ago, beetle said:

There is no excuse for not playing Rahul.

This is dirty game in play.

Sick skipper and sicker management !

See, you were having a go at Kumble for being strict with these prima donas. Now you know what happens if these take the complete authority. 

1 minute ago, Lannister said:

The sad part is we need to wait another 4 years to tour SA again. By then, all their greats would have been retired. 

ABDV will be 37. if not for his health issues, he could have been playing in the next tour as well

Just now, Lannister said:

This time was the perfect opportunity for us, winning against their strong team. Kumble's forced exit put us back with our preparations. 

I doubt if we would have won the series, even with ideal prep and selections but a much closer contest would have occurred. a lot of the blame has to be rightly assigned to you-know-who

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I doubt if we would have won the series, even with ideal prep and selections but a much closer contest would have occurred. a lot of the blame has to be rightly assigned to you-know-who

The new comers can surpass the current batch if backed rightly. There is no shortage of talent in the country, but what we are lacking is good management to oversee these.

15 minutes ago, Lannister said:

See, you were having a go at Kumble for being strict with these prima donas. Now you know what happens if these take the complete authority. 

Kumble had a role to play in that too. Can't be a dictator .

He should have improved his man management skills before becoming a coach. 

He would have brought in his own set of problems.

14 minutes ago, beetle said:

Kumble had a role to play in that too. Can't be a dictator .

He should have improved his man management skills before becoming a coach. 

He would have brought in his own set of problems.

There was no such issues when he was captaining the team. May be he thought some disciplinary protocols required for everyone to stay with in their roles. Hope you are enjoying the current spectacular man management skills. 

58 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

one thing I ll say in his favour is every country these days is getting slaughtered overseas ,so even if it's a 3-0 scoreline,Virat should be given full cycle of overseas tours to prove his uselessness/incompetency or value if he changes his way of going about things

I agree with @Vijy. Since 2010-11 SA series we haven't even drawn one series in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA. Our record in these countries reads 1-15 W-L with 5 draws.

Let us see what other top teams have done:

Aus won the series in NZ, SA and won 2 tests in Eng, one in India.

Eng won in SA, India and drew in NZ.

SA won in Eng, Aus, NZ, strong SL and drew in UAE.

NZ drew in UAE and Aus...but overall I agree they haven't been that impressive.

Hell even Lanka won once in England and a test against peak SA in 2012  while Pak drew 2-2 in Eng and won a series in NZ.

Our only impressive achievement was 2015 Lanka and a solitary win in Lord's. All teams bar SA have struggled overseas but we have taken it to another level altogether, heads should roll if we lose this series 0-3. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

I agree with @Vijy. Since 2010-11 SA series we haven't even drawn one series in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA. Our record in these countries reads 1-15 W-L with 5 draws.

Hell even Lanka won once in England and a test against peak SA in 2012  while Pak drew 2-2 in Eng and won a series in NZ.

Our only impressive achievement was 2015 Lanka and a solitary win in Lord's. All teams bar SA have struggled overseas but we have taken it to another level altogether, heads should roll if we lose this series 0-3. 

dhoni got another set of overseas tour as captain after his horrendous show ,kohli definitely deserves the full overseas run,lets see how he changes or if at all he changes 

You could at least make a case for dropping Rahane considering his terrible form of late(I'd still pick him over Rohit any day for a test match in SA) but excluding Rahul is just baffling.

64, 10, 90, 51, 67, 60, 51*, 57, 85, 0, 79, 7 are his scores since the beginning of the series against Australia.

9/12 were scores of 50+

Seems Kohli is dead set on giving his buddies a long rope. Pathetic to say the  least.

4 hours ago, Gollum said:

so true. It says a lot about the fans that they think a 1-15 record is one worth celebrating, or at least coming up excuses with. and no doubt the excuses will continue even if we get drubbed in the next cycle.

Every captain has his set of player who he believes in more then others which is even same with us as fan. Many of us backed pandya and many didnt. 

Again saying its no favoritism on personal liking, kohli likes rohit n dhawan coz he think they ll win him games. The intention is right but their is one side that kohli completely ignores- a players ability in different condition

HE basically over estimates dhawan n rohit ability for strange reason where he is not able to distinguish their batting on patta and tough condition. He did the same mistake with yuvraj singh, a innings or so and he thought old yuvraj is back. So the love for match winners blinds his sight from other aspect of the game.