286 in first inning - How do you rate our performance today?

1 hour ago, zen said:

Satisfied .... In cricket (or team sports in general) there is no formula where if x wkts fall before y runs, the team should have been bowled out for z. At times teams are 150/2 and get bowled out of 300. At times, they are 50/4 and get 300. If formulas worked, Ind would not have won that Kol test vs Aus 

I am not watching it live but pitch usually becomes easier in the 2nd session. It is a good performance for now and would become very good if Ind can go through the day without losing a wkt 

Exactly! That validates the unpredictable nature of sports in general!

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

It was a pretty decent performance by our bowlers considering our catching standards. I would have taken even a 375 before the start of their innings LOL. 

I'm very worried about Kohli, I think that poking the ball in corridor of uncertainty is his life long problem. I'm scared of what will happen to him against Broad and Anderson. Pujara is our only hope.

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

It was a pretty decent performance by our bowlers considering our catching standards. I would have taken even a 375 before the start of their innings LOL. 

I expected more from Shami. Bumrah's raw performance was quite understandable given that his selection was very left-wing. If he was to be selected, he should have played Test series against Lankans.

Wtf with satisfied and cimtest comment.

1. 3 early wickets means Bhuvi exploited the condutions exceptionally well.but too many boundries I. E. Session.  one 9/10

2. One drop catch still 4 wickets in session 2 with wickets of ABDV means 9.7-9.9/10.

3 . Third sessin was absolute disaster. We gave away too many runs to tail and then failed wirh ansolure stupidity and ineptness. -3/10.

overall 15.8/30 means we are still at positive but South Africa has ended at high note.

Edited by mishra

Satisfied with the bowling. Not sayisfied with the fielding or batting.

Yes, at 12-3 we should have gotten them early but we got to know that we are playing against RSA and not Lanka or Zimbabwe. They have come to the ground to play too and plus they are going to pay us to drop a catch. Yes, its very satisfying start in terms of bowling.