Ashwin is our no.6 - Disgraceful

5 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

are you calling virat dumb or is it great shastri you are referring to?

I can't stand shastri , but I don't think he has much say here . I have seen virat right from RCB days , you will see me complaining about RCBs team balance for years ...I never thought he could do this to a test team cos normally most players pick themselves , proved me wrong 

1 minute ago, jusarrived said:

I can't stand shastri , but I don't think he has much say here . I have seen virat right from RCB days , you will see me complaining about RCBs team balance for years ...I never thought he could do this to a test team cos normally most players pick themselves , proved me wrong 

i must say i agree with you , i was aghast when i saw rohit at 3 and raina at 6 in Aus in his 1st official test as captain :giggle:

Just now, jusarrived said:

Am a massive pandya fan , but he's not a no6 ..He may develop into one in 2 years time , but right now every run he scores is a bonus . 

well then you are saying play proper bat at 6? if pandya is not no.6 how will he find place in the side

15 minutes ago, goose said:

Consider Parthiv too

I will get killed for this .

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

Edited by jusarrived
3 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Open with parthiv and vj . Drop saha and bring in rahane . Kl in place of rohit .

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

This is if I have to do something out of the ordinary 

4 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

i've said before. India need to recognise their limitations, remember how well we did with players like Parthiv, Bangar, Chopra. Recent form book at home utterly irrelevant. Rahane and Umesh should have played. 

7 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

this is not a bad lineup ,but i ll play rahul as opener and pappu lower down and pray he catches everything

2 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Parthiv

Vj

Pujara

Kl/virat

KL/virat

Rahane

Pandya

Ashwin/ishant

Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah/ishant

Parthiv will score 20-30 more runs than Saha but will leave catches which will be worth 150-180 costly runs behind the stumps. Saha is a safe catcher. always you pick the better batsman among the best keepers not better batsman among the mediocre keepers

What's your verdict guys? I personally thought he was pretty good, certainly not a weak link like many had expected. I want him to bat at no 8 because he puts unnecessary pressure on himself when he is promoted to bat at no 6, he is primarily a bowler who can wield his willow and not a full fledged AR. Also believe he should have bowled a bit more. 

On 04/01/2018 at 11:50 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

if ashwin scores a 100..the match will definitely be a draw as there would be at least 3 more 100's .....

ashwin wont score more thn 30 runs ....saha is a better batsman than ashwin

On 04/01/2018 at 11:52 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

understand this that rohit and rahane will always remain far better and more accomplished batsman than ashwin whether ashwin score 100 or 200....one game does not change the players.

Ashwin, the test batsman has more capability than Rohit without any doubts. Rahane is way ahead though.

Ashwin should bat at 8. But if the pitch is similar i would even be tempted to rest him. Pandya + Ashwin = 1 batsman. That is the thought process. It is disappointing none of our top order batsman are decent part-timers like Sehwag or Sachin.  M Vijay can bowl some offies. But not in the class of them.

I will bring Jadeja. I don’t know but I have  a gut feeling that Jadeja is meant for test cricket. The guy will lift our fielding up as he is definitely the best fielder in the team and will also get some top order wickets in case any of our seamers are not finding the rhythm. I just hope Jadeja is picked. He is actually the missing X-factor in the team. 

I will bring Jadeja for Ashwin. Just like Pandya clicked, I feel Jadeja will also score some quick runs and can frustrate the oppositions witth the kind of batting approach he has.  Jadeja is a must for the 2nd test.

Pleade pick Jadeja.

India wins 2nd test.

10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

@Cricketics You want to drop everyone at some point except Kohli :phehe:.

No I have supported the selection of Jadeja for overseas for a while even before home season heroics. I really feel he got it in him to turn things around.

We need X-factor on this tour. Also someone who can chip in with runs and play agrressive with the bat and bowl and take wickets when seamers are tired or not getting the wickets. Ashwin did not do bad, but ae got to take harsh decisions some times and shake things up.

Saf will be preparing for our batsmen and also to tackle Bhuvi, Shami, Bumrah and attack Ashwin. We need to surprise them with Jadeja’s selection. Throw him in and win the test match. 

I am not sure Jaddu will be an X factor. That tag belongs to guys like Sehwag. Jaddu is more a steady bowler on surfaces that grip. He can tie the opposition down. His batting will definitely fail as he is a serial poker outside the off stump. There is not a whole lot of difference between him and Ashwin as a sum. But do we need spinner at all?