Team for 2nd test[Update Post 126: Rahane may replace Ashwin, India may play 4 pacers and 7 batters]

Neither Dhawan nor Rohit will be dropped. So here's a crazy idea. How about sending in Rohit as opener with Dhawan? Rohit will fall for a low score in the middle order anyway. So why not take a gamble with him as opener? He has opened and played long innings in ODIs, maybe he can pull it off for once in tests too? Vijay can come in at 3 so that he is not batting too far away from his usual spot. 

6 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am not insecure to have people agree with me. I just need numbers to agree with me and unfortunately for you those numbers are on my side.

Explain to me why according to you this statement is false:

16 + 16 > 1 + 13

It is always about performance not emotion or nostalgia in your case.

Numbers for u my frends.....

8 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Current form :phehe::phehe: :phehe::phehe:

Dhawan

Last 3 tests - 37

Last 5 tests - 47

Last 10 tests - 46

Rahul

Last 3 tests - 42

Last 5 tests - 56

Last 10 tests - 59

Dhawan ain't ahead based on even the current form. Current form just means current friendship.

Btw, since Vijay will fall victim to current form BS as Kohli will try to be saint.

Vijay

Last 3 matches - 61

Last 5 matches - 51

Last 10 matches - 44

I can bet that Vijay will be dropped and Dhawan will staty even though Vijay has better "current form".

Before anyone mentions the conditions in first test, Rahul and Vijay played 4 test against Aus on pitches where our ATG batsman was outscored by tailenders.

yea one test is a sample that a score of 16 to prove its better then a guy who has a lot more overseas :giggle:

2 hours ago, adi B said:

I have a strange feeling kohli will drop ashwin for a batsman I.e rahane and dhawan for Raul. Strange feeling!!

Doubt that. Going without a spinner in a test match in dry weather is biggest Chutiyaap you can do. All it requires is groundsman uses the roller few more times during inning break and pitch becomes minefield.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

I am comparing head to head. All I know is if Dhawan would have scored as Vijay did I would not defend him. You have lot of growing to do.

Thats what m asking what has dhawan done head to head against vijay in Sa, ENg,Aus, NZ

Vijay avg 37

dhawan 27

Now no one will take one test as sample , wo bhi jab 16 ka score ho aur saath men drop catch 

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Thats what m asking what has dhawan done head to head against vijay in Sa, ENg,Aus, NZ

Vijay avg 37

dhawan 27

Now no one will take one test as sample , wo bhi jab 16 ka score ho aur saath men drop catch 

Enough. Vijay is not the man.

4 hours ago, nevada said:

Neither Dhawan nor Rohit will be dropped. So here's a crazy idea. How about sending in Rohit as opener with Dhawan? Rohit will fall for a low score in the middle order anyway. So why not take a gamble with him as opener? He has opened and played long innings in ODIs, maybe he can pull it off for once in tests too? Vijay can come in at 3 so that he is not batting too far away from his usual spot. 

The prospect of rohit facing the new will give me a heart attack 

3 hours ago, saik said:

Ashwin is not needed if it is a green top.4 pace bowlers + extra batsman

Spinner is always needed

To have variety and change the pace of the game, it also helps captain with overrate. With sun baking down pitches often turn flat and can crack up on last days so u always need a spinner 

Ashwin has done better then our extra batsman, batsman bas kagazi hia