Baffling tactics and captaincy from Kohli

Will give A+ to Kohli so far. Resisted suggestions from Mumbai mafia to drop Pujara, Rahul and dropped Rohit for Rahane and buddy Dhawan too. Won toss and bat first, we sucked chasing in both matches. hence makes perfect decision. Big one dropping Ashwin for pace. Don't fault him much for selecting Ishant in lieu of other decisions.

Morkel to Rahane, OUT, 136 kph, full on leg, and Rahane is given! He decides to review, does Rahane. The no-ball check is fine, is it sliding down? The only way Rahane gets away with this is if it's missing leg stump completely. It is not. Clipping the side of leg stump and the umpire's call stands. Kohli is bemused, not entirely sure why. It was right in the slot for a flick, one of the more productive areas for Rahane, but he just plain misses it. The ball may have moved further too. That's more not out than out, but not a bad decision because if the pad wasn't there, it would have clipped the leg stump. - Cricinfo

There's a reason why education plays an important role in an individual's development!

Anyways NoH!t Sharma is guaranteed a slot by Kaptaan sahib for the england tour! Sad state of affairs the Indian team is!

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

^^ If five cannot do the job there is no guarantee sixth will do it

lol...you need to calm down dude...your left, right, center support for Captain Kohli is looking very cringy.

You are not in right mind if you feel 5 batsman or 6 batsman does not make any difference. 

Having a player like Ashwin would have been useful. Irrespective of the pitch his bowling brings variety.

More importantly he contributes with the bat as well. Has been amng the top run getters this tour (I know not saying much). Has looked a better batsman than NoH!t. An additional 30 odd runs by him would have helped the team's cause.

8 minutes ago, Shunya said:

lol...you need to calm down dude...your left, right, center support for Captain Kohli is looking very cringy.

You are not in right mind if you feel 5 batsman or 6 batsman does not make any difference. 

Who will you pick as sixth batsmen, there is no vvs laxman who is sitting out, playing extra bowler at least gives option of knocking them over cheaply.

I am not a supporter of anybody except Indian team. I defended Kohli because I felt people were bashing him without any logic.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Who will you pick as sixth batsmen, there is no vvs laxman who is sitting out, playing extra bowler at least gives option of knocking them over cheaply.

I am not a supporter of anybody except Indian team. I defended Kohli because I felt people were bashing him without any logic.

Play Ashwin, scored 30s in every game, plus brings an additional dimension to the bowling.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

See this is where 6 batsmen required. I am not being critical of batting first...but if we gonna bat first why play 5 batsman? Now we would get rolled out 220 max.

Again, sounds good in theory.  But there's not much drop in batting quality when you go with Pandya instead of Rohit here.   

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Team is good, the combination is good. Now if our batting or bowling fks up, then we can’t do much about it. 

No need to piss and moan about every game’s line up and why we batted first or bowled first.

Great Captain Kohli

Agree to all you said, except the last statement. Kohli is an average captain at best!

On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Tattieboy said:

I am with Kohli on  this . He knows his team can't chase a  total batting last so he has gone seam attack against seam attack , he feels India's are better .

Was always going to be a hard first morning and he probably hoped for one down , this next session is the most important and how well 3,4,5 do in it. 

If India can put a half decent score on the board then I am going for an Indian win :aha:

Thank you Virat,   I am 50,000 rupees richer from this win and thank you also for me being 20,000 rupees richer for losing the series :clap:.

Please don't find 2 new opening batsmen and a wicketkeeper  for England series,  I hope to take money off the bookmakers from that too