Poll: Should Navdeep Saini make his test debut at Wanderers?

rkt.india

Should Navdeep Saini make his test debut at Wanderers?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Navdeep Saini make his test debut at Wanderers?

No. We already have taken a set of good, experienced set of bowlers to choose from. These include players that have been in limbo and whose places in the team need to be decided before moving on to new players.

Bring Bhuvi back. But you want a fast, attacking pacer? Why did you take Umesh Yadav in the first place!? The boy might have his faults but goddamn he was lethal against England and Australia. Give him another chance.

Selecting Saini will seem like the latest grab at the shiny new toy. No doubt the kid is talented, but the Indian team selection merry-go-round will not help his progress in the long run.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

@rkt.india whom will you drop??? Or the team management drop???

Shami after his performance?

BK who shouldn’t have been dropped to begin with?

Bumrah the most exciting prospect?

Ishant who did ok, is a senior and also Kohli’s friend?

Umesh another senior who hasn’t got a chance?

where can he be fitted?

Shami has only bowled well in one spell, test cricket is not about one spell. M one of the biggest fans of shami but i dnt want a bowler who is holding himself either due to injury or some other issue .

Bumrah from now on will almost play all games, bumrah shud be given rest time to time

Umesh - if its a grassy track the guy will try for extra and go for a lot of runs. 

They all are good bowlers, but the lookout to find better shud always be on.

Look at the trouble it has caused us as we were satisfied with same bunch of batsman....suddenly the batting has more questions marks then ever. 

Bhuvi, Ishant/umesh (depending on pitch), Saini for me 

With all these bowlers we know what we are going to get, lets try to find something new and we have already lost the series . 

The guy is in great rhythem, his bowling will be suited to Sa pitches , SA wudnt be prepared for him, he is bowling at a gr8 pace. What better place to debut. 

He may fail, but what if we discover a match winner. A great team is build by the number of match winner. 

1 hour ago, King Tendulkar said:

Guys all this crap . Series lost so do this blah blah it doesn’t matter blah blah 

it matters **** loads . We need a win . Great boost for all of do . Massive if get a win moving forward . Plus true Indian test fans like me need the win 

Bk shami and bunrah play 3rd test . Move on

So ur saying u guarntee navdeep will fail and other 3 will guarntee perform

Shami has been inconsistent in 1st place

Lets not forget bumrah started his career from a dead rubber only

6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Shami has only bowled well in one spell, test cricket is not about one spell. M one of the biggest fans of shami but i dnt want a bowler who is holding himself either due to injury or some other issue .

Bumrah from now on will almost play all games, bumrah shud be given rest time to time

Umesh - if its a grassy track the guy will try for extra and go for a lot of runs. 

They all are good bowlers, but the lookout to find better shud always be on.

Look at the trouble it has caused us as we were satisfied with same bunch of batsman....suddenly the batting has more questions marks then ever. 

Bhuvi, Ishant/umesh (depending on pitch), Saini for me 

With all these bowlers we know what we are going to get, lets try to find something new and we have already lost the series . 

The guy is in great rhythem, his bowling will be suited to Sa pitches , SA wudnt be prepared for him, he is bowling at a gr8 pace. What better place to debut. 

He may fail, but what if we discover a match winner. A great team is build by the number of match winner. 

You are saying to drop Bumrah,a youngster on his first tour who has done nothing wrong to play another potential “talent”? 

On one hand we are making fun and butchering Kohli for changing teams just like that and then we want the same???

simple...Navdeep will get his chance,with long tours coming up,injuries and fatigue will happen.

Shami sure his fitness has looked horrible and tests ke liye woh Lambi race ka ghoda nahi hain absolutely but most importantly he has got wickets and that’s what matters. Dropping him just for the heck of it is what Kohli is being doing and we are rightfully calling him out on it.

Shami/Ishant If Shami is injured ,BK and Bumrah are my choice 

Just now, maniac said:

You are saying to drop Bumrah,a youngster on his first tour who has done nothing wrong to play another potential “talent”? 

Not drop but rest, i knw his importance in LOI and the WC approaching in an year . 

He will be playing all formats and imagine the work load on him. M just finding ways to rest him in between

Pandya was also rested in SL, i dnt mind a rest given to player to control his work load

So m saying rest not drop 

Just now, maniac said:

simple...Navdeep will get his chance,with long tours coming up,injuries and fatigue will happen.

Why to wait for someone to get injured

Ishant/umesh/shami inconsistencies gives enough reason to look out for more options

Just now, maniac said:

Shami sure his fitness has looked horrible and tests ke liye woh Lambi race ka ghoda nahi hain absolutely but most importantly he has got wickets and that’s what matters. Dropping him just for the heck of it is what Kohli is being doing and we are rightfully calling him out on it.

We are calling out kohli on dropping performing people like bhuvi 

Shami has fitness issues and he has been given a rest so many times in last yr, a test match rest that allows us to use him better in ODI ill take that 

Shami vs navdeep- it all becomes about who will give his 100%

Just now, maniac said:

Shami/Ishant If Shami is injured ,BK and Bumrah are my choice 

This team is playing musical chairs among same set of player hence not enhancing its potential 

A year ago introduction of bumrah n pandya added so much power to our team so why fear trying more as this series is over now. 

Kohli is being called out for picking non performers like dhawan n rohit and dropping performers like bhuvi, rahane, rahul 

No one is bashing for giving youngster chances, infact its vice versa that youngsters arent getting chances under him.

6 hours ago, maniac said:

@rkt.india whom will you drop??? Or the team management drop???

Shami after his performance?

BK who shouldn’t have been dropped to begin with?

Bumrah the most exciting prospect?

Ishant who did ok, is a senior and also Kohli’s friend?

Umesh another senior who hasn’t got a chance?

where can he be fitted?

Shami and Ishant both were not great. People were pissed of Shami's lack of intensity.

14 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Shami was decent. Your recent criticism of Shami is because he wasnt hitting the speed guns as he should at least be.

It is not about just speed but effectiveness. Shami was the worse Indian bowler on first 8 days of these two tests. He was not bowling the way he usually bowls at home, lacking intensity, not hitting the deck, running in gingerly and just putting the ball. Shami down in pace is the first sign of him not bowling with intensity and focus and if you want to win overseas, there is no room for complacency.      

I'm not sure putting in a newbie into a Test match game against such a tough opposition is the way to go.  I know we have Lungi Ngidi's example staring at us right in the face (and also making faces at us, incidentally), but it takes time and plenty of trial and error to build most international players, whatever their records at the domestic level.  Throwing him into this cauldron is the best way of ruining his career.

I wouldn't risk it, so I vote a 'No'