Jos Butler vs MS Dhoni

maniac

9 minutes ago, maniac said:

We don’t need a stable player....our top 3 or even 4 are all proper batsman who have both attacking and defensive games...we need more of a butler type player to take advantage of the starts than a “stabilizer”.

how about tests ? we need stabilizers :dance: 

19 minutes ago, kira said:

Rasgulla upvoted this comment, so even he agrees that dhoni should be retired from internationals:giggle:

Just checking if kira is still alive after getting trolled by padosis for talking lot of BS before the match :cantstop: You disappeared like a 

scottish-straight-breed-young-pussycat-9

Virat-Kohli-Yuvraj-Singh-Shoaib-Malik.jp

Edited by Rasgulla
21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They both are different players, Butler has more shots in his repertoire where as Dhoni is more stable.At moment Butler might be the best WK is shorter formats.He is just devastating and that is their loss to Pakistan in CT is more surprising. They bat so deep and bowling is more than adequate.

Prefer Quinny over Butler in my team.

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Prefer Quinny over Butler in my team.

“Quinny” ??? Bachpan ka dost hai kya :laugh:

Jokes apart 2 different roles...one is an opener and the other a no.6..that’s why compared Butler-Dhoni because they play in the same role.

But yes over all if I have to pick a keeper bat then yes it would be De Kock because as a keeper and as a pure bat I think he is ahead of both.

43 minutes ago, maniac said:

No one is denying that from a total body of work Dhoni is a little ahead.

However Butler’s knock against the Aussie attack yesterday and also his kncoks in the UAE(which is equivalent of a knock on English conditions for a SC batsman), to maintain that average at that strike rate is pretty impressive.

Currently absolutely it is Butler hands down.

Doesn't change my opinion even by a little bit.Just picking a few knocks and gloryfing str: rate does not do. Keep in mind  str: rate is per 100 balls. So Butler's almost 38.5  avg: & 117 str:rate  means  he scores 38.5 runs in  almost 33 balls. Dhoni scores 51.5 runs in  almost 58 balls. So more or less both are same in pure stats. But Dhoni scored those runs a decade back in more bowling friendly conditions in general. And all other things are convincingly in Dhoni's favour. So no comparison as of now.

19 minutes ago, maniac said:

We don’t need a stable player....our top 3 or even 4 are all proper batsman who have both attacking and defensive games...we need more of a butler type player to take advantage of the starts than a “stabilizer”.

I never said we need stabilizer, our ODI/t20 team is pathetic except top three and wrist spinners are not yet tested.Bumrah failed in high pressure situations more than once so I wouldn't count him as a bonafide good bowler.

Pant has to improve this IPL and force Dhoni out or he is playing next world cup too.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

I never said we need stabilizer, our ODI/t20 team is pathetic except top three and wrist spinners are not yet tested.Bumrah failed in high pressure situations more than once so I wouldn't count him as a bonafide good bowler.

Pant has to improve this IPL and force Dhoni out or he is playing next world cup too.

Dhoni is guaranteed to play the next WC. No way pant or anyone else gets in despite having great IPLs.

Just now, rtmohanlal said:

Doesn't change my opinion even by a little bit.Just picking a few knocks and gloryfing str: rate does not do. Keep in mind  str: rate is per 100 balls. So Butler's almost 38.5  avg: & 117 str:rate  means  he scores 38.5 runs in  almost 33 balls. Dhoni scores 51.5 runs in  almost 58 balls. So more or less both are same in pure stats. But Dhoni scored those runs a decade back in more bowling friendly conditions in general. And all other things are convincingly in Dhoni's favour. So no comparison as of now.

Bowling friendly conditions a decade back lol? Dhoni didn’t play in the 80s and 90s...by 2005-6 300 was becoming the norm.

Anyway if he was so good in bowling friendly conditions and was destructive then shouldn’t it be easier for him now?

15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Their bowling is full or trundlers and moeen Ali and Rashid Ali are mediocre. Their batting is really good though.

I don't think it is bad, Mark wood when playing along with Plunkett are pacy enough and they bat till no 10 and that puts so much pressure on other teams . Their bowling does not have to be world class to win they need to be good enough.

42 minutes ago, maniac said:

Bowling friendly conditions a decade back lol? Dhoni didn’t play in the 80s and 90s...by 2005-6 300 was becoming the norm.

Anyway if he was so good in bowling friendly conditions and was destructive then shouldn’t it be easier for him now?

yes... 'bowling friendly' when compared to this decade.No more to pen..My previous  2 posts contain all my reasons.