IPL Auction Live thread

BeautifulGame

12 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

You stole bhajji and rayadu from us as well :((

I expect Vijay to do well this year. He’s a home track bully in limited overs. He can do well in Chennai but not in other conditions. 

Good for him that he’s back to CSK

Edited by bowl_out

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Punjab looks worst of all on paper. CSK's not going far with such poor batting lineup. MI is balance but for a pacer short. Delhi strongest followed by KKR. 

My rankings based on paper strength:

DD

KKR

MI

RCB

SRH

RR

CSK

Punjab

Should create a poll for the strongest and weakest squads

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Have to say though we(CSK) did good in the auction ultimately ,that was by sheer luck.We were absolutely moronic is terms of bidding.

Bidding for Chawla and Mohit fking Sharma (Can't thank Punjab enough for that ) only to be saved by RTMs.I didn't even understand Pujab strategy using RTM for Mohit but not Sandeep .Not complaining though.And then nearly bidding 11 crores for Unadkat .

It was sheer luck that Wood ( and Vijay) was available till that late in the auction.Some messed up thinging today by Fleming and co.

But they got Rabada who was RTMed by DD. Surely they had a plan for getting some of the fast bowlers plus medium pacers like Unadkat...basically a balanced side which they eventually got.

Edited by Shunya

Wish CSK had used RTM on Tye and not Faf.. 

At the end of the day they had 6 C's remaining.. At least they could have taken PZ for a ride with bidding for Tye (just the way she did

for Unakat) to 8.5 or 9C and then dropped out.

3 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

Have to say though we(CSK) did good in the auction ultimately ,that was by sheer luck.We were absolutely moronic is terms of bidding.

Bidding for Chawla and Mohit fking Sharma (Can't thank Punjab enough for that ) only to be saved by RTMs.I didn't even understand Pujab strategy using RTM for Mohit but not Sandeep .Not complaining though.And then nearly bidding 11 crores for Unadkat .

It was sheer luck that Wood ( and Vijay) was available till that late in the auction.Some messed up thinging today by Fleming and co.

inspired by dhonis batting :phehe:

i thiught we could go for hazelwood , but checked his T20 stat .. less than impressive 

3 hours ago, SecondSlip said:

@express bowling @rkt.india @Rightarmfast 

Which pace bowlers that bowl 135KM+ we’re unsold in the auction other than Varun Aaron? 

135 k + pacers who are not playing IPL this time, apart from Aaron and Nathu, are ...  Ishant Sharma,  Sandeep Warrier, Prasidh Krishna, Pavan Suyal, Ishan Porel, Sudeep Tyagi, Rahul Shukla,  Abu Nechim,  Ashok Dinda,  Pritam Das, ... even Kartik Tyagi,  Kushang Patel, Vineet Panwar, Ronit More and Royston Dias  are perhaps 135 k+

Edited by express bowling

Apart from Unadkat, many famous  Indian trundlers have been ignored in this IPL.  No Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Sreenath Arvind, Abhimanyu Mithun, 

Unadkat has been picked due to his ability to bowl good spinning slower balls as his stock ball.  Basically, good spinners have been in demand in this IPL.

Dhawal has been picked for a low price.