North Indians making Goa another Haryana, says minister

Singh bling

On 10/02/2018 at 10:20 PM, Gollum said:

No need to appropriate the army bro. Army mein har state ke log hai. Goa has a huge Marathi and Konkani population. Coorg (Konkani people) regiment of Indian Army is one of the best regiments, they have made great sacrifices for India, the brave and ferocious Coorgi people also serve in other regiments. Our 1st Army chief, Field Marshall Cariappa was from Coorg, 5 star rank. Just because some idiot divisive politician spouts nonsense it will be unfair to lash out so harshly. And in Operation Vijay many local Goan civilians laid down their lives supporting the Indian cause, from 1900 onwards itself many Goans had launched the independence struggle, we know only about the culmination (Operation Vijay) but the seeds of separation were sown long time ago. I would even call the Goan independence struggle more praiseworthy because unlike the Brits who believed in justice system and were in general kinder to brown subjects the Portugese rulers were barbarians. The authorities and the Church forcefully converted many Goans to Christianity, conducted many massacres without trial and many local protest groups were butchered in cold blood......no different to what they did in South America where they annihilated the local culture. We must appreciate the resilience of Goans who didn't lose their culture to the barbaric rulers and desisted from violence when confronted by the gun. 

Sir Coorgies are not konkanis , the two communities are poles apart lol 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Rofl, why the hell you want a welcome stare. Kya aarti utarenge teri Canada walein? Lol you expecting too much. Lower your expectations.

Did not get welcome stare lol

Dude these things happen everywhere, not just in Canada. It can happen in the friendliest of places. 

Basing of your experience froma grocery store or gas station shop is silly. Every Grocery store in a world would have such nut case who end up talking to customers and then will be mad if you interupt them. Nothing to do with Canada there.

Its common all across the world. 

Again you form your opinion about a country or people too first.

Don’t think too muvh.

Again you are missing the context...clearly The tone she used it is something that can’t be explained same goes for the vibe I got....it cannot be measured obviously....you were not in the moment..so you have no clue.

anyway keep charming people :laugh: 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

Again you are missing the context...clearly The tone she used it is something that can’t be explained same goes for the vibe I got....it cannot be measured obviously....you were not in the moment..so you have no clue.

anyway keep charming people :laugh: 

Sharam kar, Indians ke naam pe kalank hani tu that you heard all that bs from her. Ek do sunakar aata, :giggle:

Anyways, you are being too sensitive. These things happen in all grocery stores around the world where there will be a frustrated person on a counter.

You worry too much. 

I would have hugged her and said “girl its all going to be alright”

Just now, Cricketics said:

Sharam kar, Indians ke naam pe kalank hani tu that you heard all that bs from her. Ek do sunakar aata, :giggle:

Anyways, you are being too sensitive. These things happen in all grocery stores around the world where there will be a frustrated person on a counter.

You worry too much. 

You have comprehension issues, I said 2 back to back incident in 2 days I got a “vibe” (matlab samjhata hai?”

did i I say Canada is racist lol..where are you getting this from.

Also the lady yelling at me wasn’t the main point she specifically said “you guys have no basic manners” that eneralization is what stuck with me 

No wonder you think World is made up

of sugar candy and rivers of chocolate :hysterical:

Just now, maniac said:

You have comprehension issues, I said 2 back to back incident in 2 days I got a “vibe” (matlab samjhata hai?”

did i I say Canada is racist lol..where are you getting this from.

Also the lady yelling at me wasn’t the main point she specifically said “you guys have no basic manners” that eneralization is what stuck with me 

No wonder you think World is made up

of sugar candy and rivers of chocolate :hysterical:

Abey bhai you should have hugged her and said “yeha baby we don’t have manners, let me give you a hug. Its going to be allright.”

anyways she said to you  “you don’t have manners?” Rofl :giggle::phehe: may be you kuvh kara hoga tune,

must habe asked some discount etv before. We know your harkatein.

Abey bhai you should have hugged her and said “yeha baby we don’t have manners, let me give you a hug. Its going to be allright.”

anyways she said to you  “you don’t have manners?” Rofl :giggle::phehe: may be you kuvh kara hoga tune,

must habe asked some discount etv before. We know your harkatein.

You don’t have manners bahut baar suna

:giggle:

you guys don’t have manners now that is a little offensive 

anyway stop showing your “charm” by hugging people #metoo moment ka naam suna?

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

You don’t have manners bahut baar suna

:giggle:

you guys don’t have manners now that is a little offensive 

anyway stop showing your “charm” by hugging people #metoo moment ka naam suna?

But I still can’t get over “ they did not give me a welcome stare” lol

I wish you don’t say this in India anywhere. 

There will be lot of memes on that. “welcome stare chahiyeh harami ko”

”aa deta hoon tujhe welcome stare”

p

But I still can’t get over “ they did not give me a welcome stare” lol

I wish you don’t say this in India anywhere. 

There will be lot of memes on that. “welcome stare chahiyeh harami ko”

”aa deta hoon tujhe welcome stare”

p

Seriously did you even understand what I said :shock:

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Ok next time use your charming personality and straightforwardness on a Chennai Auto wallah if you ever visit there. 

You either haven’t travelled a lot or have  travelled in a protected environment like with parents etc or have not been put in situations that needed you to mingle with the normal folk like a local thelewaala,autowallah,the local

hustler etc.

Anyway good to have people around like you who see everything in black and white lol :laugh:

Hope  for your sake you don’t change or are out in a situation where you have to change your views.

next time if smiliar things happens in canada ( 51st state ) or usa , tell them 2 of our guys created 600/700 billion dollar worth of wealth for dumb americans :p:

nadella 300/350 billion and sundar 250/200 billion dollars after they became CEO of their respective companies :hail: 

24 minutes ago, velu said:

next time if smiliar things happens in canada ( 51st state ) or usa , tell them 2 of our guys created 600/700 billion dollar worth of wealth for dumb americans :p:

nadella 300/350 billion and sundar 250/200 billion dollars after they became CEO of their respective companies :hail: 

If maniac tells them that then they will tell him 

“you don’t have manners.” :phehe:

Check the post above “you don’t have manners.” 

9 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t know the exact area but it was somewhere on the  outskirts of Niagara falls way  before entering Toronoto.

I was going to Toronto after visiting Niagara Falls ,ON.

After may be 30-40  miles from Niagara pulled over at a rest area to get some coffee. It felt like some country side.

Once I went inside the rest area,I just got this vibe  that few people were not giving me a very welcoming stare...The place was full of old white people...Then again this was 9 years back...so things might have changed .

Nothing was said to me but you can just feel it sometimes that you are probably not welcome there.

I thought it might have been a one off incident because Toronto is obviously very diverse.

Similarly on the way back...stopped around the same area  or may be a couple of exits before  to  get gas..  After that went inside the store to buy some water...there was this guy chatting with the clerk at the counter for ever,I waited for almost 5-7 mins and noticed this guy wasn’t even  paying or checking in any items , so I eventually thought  he is not a customer and may be just a friend of the clerk or something..

so I just excused myself and asked if she can bill my items.

I will never forget her response....she said “do you guys(I was the only Other person besides her and her friend ) have the  basic common courtesy, we all are in a hurry here”

then literally she made it seem like she was billing my items and doing me a favor because I was in a hurry and trying to  cut the line”  

swear to god that whole scene is etched in my memory like it happened yesterday. This was 2007-2008 so there were no camera phones and the world wasn’t that PC yet.

I have been to Canada a couple of times since and haven’t had any issues.

Even if we think that it was probably a country side which didn’t have too much exposure to other races, I have stopped in many such areas in the US before and never had such problems.

doesnt mean racism doesn’t exist in USA.

As I said this was based on my personal experiences. Just like I had an overall poor experience in Delhi and Chennai but guys like @Cricketics get into convulsions when they hear Delhi without even understanding the context in which it was said. 

Also I have heard from people that UK and Canada do have a lot more racism around the  areas where there is a lot more exposure to Indian culture.dont know if that is true.

Idiots will be idiots everywhere.

Even people in your own town can behave like that.

Happened to me in my home town.

Went to a  famous mithai shop. There was an old lady looking around the various trays of mithai and looked like she was still looking and  not ordering .

So I just told the guy to give me a kg of kaju katli .

This old woman who looked like some senior exfauji wife gave me a stare and then said ' don't you have manners ? Can't you see I am still ordering ? '

I was about to tell her she didn't look like she was ordering when the shopkeeper just signaled me to just leave it and quietly packed my order and gave me.

So all kinds.

Some times it is race, region , language or just entitled age superiority.

Edited by beetle

9 hours ago, maniac said:

I don’t know the exact area but it was somewhere on the  outskirts of Niagara falls way  before entering Toronoto.

I was going to Toronto after visiting Niagara Falls ,ON.

After may be 30-40  miles from Niagara pulled over at a rest area to get some coffee. It felt like some country side.

Once I went inside the rest area,I just got this vibe  that few people were not giving me a very welcoming stare...The place was full of old white people...Then again this was 9 years back...so things might have changed .

Nothing was said to me but you can just feel it sometimes that you are probably not welcome there.

I thought it might have been a one off incident because Toronto is obviously very diverse.

Similarly on the way back...stopped around the same area  or may be a couple of exits before  to  get gas..  After that went inside the store to buy some water...there was this guy chatting with the clerk at the counter for ever,I waited for almost 5-7 mins and noticed this guy wasn’t even  paying or checking in any items , so I eventually thought  he is not a customer and may be just a friend of the clerk or something..

so I just excused myself and asked if she can bill my items.

I will never forget her response....she said “do you guys(I was the only Other person besides her and her friend ) have the  basic common courtesy, we all are in a hurry here”

then literally she made it seem like she was billing my items and doing me a favor because I was in a hurry and trying to  cut the line”  

swear to god that whole scene is etched in my memory like it happened yesterday. This was 2007-2008 so there were no camera phones and the world wasn’t that PC yet.

I have been to Canada a couple of times since and haven’t had any issues.

Even if we think that it was probably a country side which didn’t have too much exposure to other races, I have stopped in many such areas in the US before and never had such problems.

doesnt mean racism doesn’t exist in USA.

As I said this was based on my personal experiences. Just like I had an overall poor experience in Delhi and Chennai but guys like @Cricketics get into convulsions when they hear Delhi without even understanding the context in which it was said. 

Also I have heard from people that UK and Canada do have a lot more racism around the  areas where there is a lot more exposure to Indian culture.dont know if that is true.

Exactlly what I have experienced . I haven't lived in any of these places  , longest stay not more than ~2 months . In the US  strangely , I met the friendliest people in pennsylvania , be it philly , pittsburg or some small town ,so many random people coming up to you striking a conversation and this changes when you move to places where indian faces are common in the crowd. Big difference between Ger/UK in comparison to Georiga. Even in Asia they love you in Vietnam/Cambodia but not very fond of us in Thai/Singapore/Mal . Thailand specifically , I have seen how its changed from my first visit 10 years back and recently  and tbh the way some of Indian "tourists" behave I dont really blame them . 

21 hours ago, Mariyam said:

YOU WOULD NEVER WIN AN ELECTION WITH THIS AS YOUR AGENDA.

a) Airbnb is a massive plus for the local populace. Many Goans now get to actively be a part of tourism industry of the state. They make money hosting people. They understand each others cultures. The tourists can try local cuisine at throw away prices. Most resorts were unnecessarily expensive. The introduction of AirBnB has leveled the playing field. People get an actual feel of Goa, especially in the south. Most hoteliers are conglomerates/ Corporates who could buy/encroach/bribe their way to prime land all over Goa with the help of the land mafia. Happened a lot in the 90s. AirBnB is the common man's fightback. 

b) There already are fines for littering. Who is going to enforce it? Does the municipality ( legally in charge of collecting fines) going to do the grunt work?

e) Why should they tax the crap out of alcohol? There is an unwritten agreement between Goa, Maharashtra, Karnataka. The amount of bootlegging that goes on ensuring that border officials, customs officers, collectors office and everybody all the way up are getting their share of the pie. No way any politician is going to kill his own cash cow. Same thing with fuel price differential in border districts of Maharashtra,Karnataka and Goa.

There are plenty of bed and breakfasts in Goa which are family runs bearing the brunt of AirBnb. For starters if I have a neighbor who is renting out his 2 bedroom apartment to 10 people who party at night. It makes my life miserable. Makes the life of people in the building miserable.  Banning airbnb i suspect would be a big vote winner. Its already been the case in Barcelona. Airbnb does not make profit from somebody renting a room in the house in which they stay. It makes money from renting entire apartments in which the host is most likely a company or rich landlord. Thats exactly what is happening with Airbnb all over the world.

b) Can easily be enforced. Just say the police get to keep 50% of the fine. They will be fined in no time. In London traffic wardens are given a % of the total fines they give out. 

c) The GST in petrol is already been talked about. I am sure we can have a pan India GST with a high rate for alcohol as well.

12 hours ago, beetle said:

Idiots will be idiots everywhere.

Even people in your own town can behave like that.

Happened to me in my home town.

Went to a  famous mithai shop. There was an old lady looking around the various trays of mithai and looked like she was still looking and  not ordering .

So I just told the guy to give me a kg of kaju katli .

This old woman who looked like some senior exfauji wife gave me a stare and then said ' don't you have manners ? Can't you see I am still ordering ? '

I was about to tell her she didn't look like she was ordering when the shopkeeper just signaled me to just leave it and quietly packed my order and gave me.

So all kinds.

Some times it is race, region , language or just entitled age superiority.

I agree...,see I never said Canada is racist but as they say first impression is usually the one that leaves the most impact. You just get the bad vibe in some places.

Another incident that happened, I was living in Chicago...one day there was a sale going on in Walmart for some speakers...my friend said he got the speakers from a Walmart 20 miles away, I looked in my GPS and found that there was a Walmart only 12 miles away and thought my friend was an idiot to drive that extra 8 miles, so I went to that area  about 8:00 PM and had the scariest experience of my life.

Almost like scene from one of those Martin Scorsese movies, I could see “ladies of the night” on the street corners and some people who clearly looked like they were not selling “candy”.

I wanted to GTFO of there ASAP. I was stuck at a signal for 2-3 mins and it felt like eternity.

No one jumped me or solicited anything to me but that few minutes was enough for me to never ever go in that part of the town ever again and formed an opinion about the South side of Chicago.

I worked with a lot of colleagues who grew up in the south side of Chicago....some really good people but I have a viewpoint about that area for the rest of my life based on my experience.

I have ave plenty of friends and colleagues from both Chennai and Delhi, however as I mentioned my opinion of those 2 cities is based on my personal experiences there which weren’t that great with the locals...they were loud and obnoxious...doesn’t mean everyone living there is like that but it is again based on my first experiences in those cities compared to other cities in India.

our mutual friend gets offended evertyime Delhi is mentioned in a not so great way....as per above comments a lot of people have heard that those 2 cities are not great for outsiders on their first visits. It’s a common stereotype and I can validate that personally.

Hyderabad is really bad when it comes to air pollution and I thought Delhi was better in comparison when I went there many years ago..with the recent smog controversy and Delhi’s ranking in terms of air quality as the worst was surprising because I thought Hyderabad was even worse.....Similarly I was shocked when I heard about the whole udta Punjab thing because I was infact very impressed how organized and well maintained even the small towns in Punjab were. Some things may or may not be exactly like the way you perceive but as I said those are things based on personal experiences.

Next time our resident Munnabhai also known as @Cricketics can visit South side of Chicago and use his charm and getting along with everyone personality on the hookers and drug dealers there...give them a jadoo ki jhappi and show them the righteous path :laugh:

12 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Exactlly what I have experienced . I haven't lived in any of these places  , longest stay not more than ~2 months . In the US  strangely , I met the friendliest people in pennsylvania , be it philly , pittsburg or some small town ,so many random people coming up to you striking a conversation and this changes when you move to places where indian faces are common in the crowd. Big difference between Ger/UK in comparison to Georiga. Even in Asia they love you in Vietnam/Cambodia but not very fond of us in Thai/Singapore/Mal . Thailand specifically , I have seen how its changed from my first visit 10 years back and recently  and tbh the way some of Indian "tourists" behave I dont really blame them . 

:agree: