I was dropped despite performance: Suresh Raina

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Where???? He failed badly in domestic cricket and thats what he has played in last year

Joint idhar pakda be 

T20. If memory serves me correctly he did well in IPL. Once again the only problem I have is the belly fat. At that stage all they should have is a 6 pack.

59 minutes ago, Khota said:

T20. If memory serves me correctly he did well in IPL. Once again the only problem I have is the belly fat. At that stage all they should have is a 6 pack.

Wakeup baba

IPL was over in May 2017 , now its mid feb 2018......after that he was struggling for runs in domestic

IPL men SA aur AUS jaisi bouncy pitches hoti nhin, he always does well in IPL and then gets bounced out in international cricket 

Nhin itna paisa aur facilities hone baad bhi kha kha gainda ho jao, dikhao kitne aalsi ho

1 hour ago, Stuge said:

Having Raina in place of jadhav or iyer is much better ...A ...He is better fielder B He can score right from the first ball but ocer this comes at a cost of his poor record against short balls .

How good are Jadhav,Iyer and Pandey against short balls? As far as I have seen, Iyer unsuccessfully try to hack them through offside and Jadhav cant face anything over 140.

55 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

How good are Jadhav,Iyer and Pandey against short balls? As far as I have seen, Iyer unsuccessfully try to hack them through offside and Jadhav cant face anything over 140.

Pandey I think is okay. Better than Raina, and also better than current Raina the fielder.

14 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

what have we achieved by playing him in every damn match in this tournament,could have easily tried pant or vijay shankar as no.3,this guy will always remain a middling performer, throughout the tournamnet it was apparent he still plays with the fear of short ball 

Raina himself needs a run as he is coming back after a long break. He has the same unselfish attitude. Just that he is backing away too much nowadays. He was not like this before. Maybe his fear of short balls restricts his stroke play. Either way he is a must for us as he gives us 6th bowling option, he is a gun fielder, he can start hitting from ball one. He still brings more to the table.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Raina himself needs a run as he is coming back after a long break. He has the same unselfish attitude. Just that he is backing away too much nowadays. He was not like this before. Maybe his fear of short balls restricts his stroke play. Either way he is a must for us as he gives us 6th bowling option, he is a gun fielder, he can start hitting from ball one. He still brings more to the table.

it doesnt look like he has improved his game,i think we should move on ,a player like vijay shankar could have been tried at no.3 or sundar or even pant instead of raina

also once pandya comes back we will not need his bowling ,also i ll like to see krunal/hooda others getting chances , Raina's limitations are too apparent

None of the kiddos (Pant/Shankar/Pandey etc) have shown a fraction of the hitting ability that Raina possesses, something we lack badly in T20s. He unselfish manner shouldn't be held against him, he's very capable of quicker 50s than for instance our openers. His role can be worked out in the team, for instance when Kohli returns he can move to #4 which wouldn't put as much pressure on him to compensate for our generally slow openers. 

As a CSK fan, I would like Raina to play the situation rather than assume its attack (like waht

Munro does these days in a ODI) every time.  He needs to give bowlers some respect (I see why he wants to show

confident in taking any bowlers) and settle in b4 he starts dancing down the track on one leg