Smith, Warner banned for 12 months by Cricket Australia

This is getting ridiculous every day... Media trials, mob mentality, hysteria has basically taken over this country. This is as stupid as it can get. 

I hope media and other people stop hounding, abusing these people and their families after this. Its Ball tampering FFS :facepalm:Wondering if someone was caught doing match fixing or something, they would have been shot dead in Australia looking at the things.

I think this is a fair punishment. Smith and Warner for 1 year and the cretin Warner can never be captain. Actually after one year, it will be difficult for them to get back in the team. Bancroft was the mule and probably should have deserved a lesser penalty like 6 months, but I am fine with the actual punishment. Any form of cheating should be treated the same way as match fixing. 

The only thing I do not know if they are made examples and others are let scott free. It is hard to imagine that this plan was hatched by these three in isolation. 

Can you imagine the PAK board handing out these punishments to their legendary PHAAAST bowlers trio - Imran, Waqar and Wasim. The Pak team has probably done much worse in the 80s-90s. During the 82-83 Pak tour, Indian players complained that the ball always did things right after a break! :giggle: Even the umpires were in it!!

Edited by dandaroy
3 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Steve Smith Presser

https://streamable.com/2ep5i

Oww man.. Painful to watch

We all are human. Have made mistakes . I am no saint either . I forgive Smith. Looking forward to his redemption . Will root for him when he comes back . He looked totally gutted and repentful.

The bar has been set too high.. let's see if other boards have the conviction to do the same for their players . 

2 hours ago, sarchasm said:

I suppose I am not human. I heard many say how brave it was for him to front up to the media at the end of the day's play when he cheated before the eyes of the whole world. I sort of believed that.

Turns out he was an inveterate liar who had delusions of lying his way through the whole unsavory episode. Now few drops of tears and he's all contrite again? Tell me why.

I am going to be charitable and accept he was a mediocre and inept leader who wasn't capable of checking blatant cheating conceived and executed under his watch. Fair enough.

But what's stopping him from coming clean NOW? Nobody who follows cricket believes that these three were the only ones involved in sandpaper-gate. CA's findings are a farce and a cover up. Smith's chance is here to come clean and tell us where the rot starts, how many are aware of it, and how long it has been going on. That's the bare minimum.

We all want the same thing. Australians more than anyone else. The fact CA gave out such bans speaks more about the aussie public outrage than any other countries thoughts on this matter.

Im not defending his actions and i support the punishments wholeheartedly.

I didnt say anything about his tears other than its obvious he realises now what a ******* idiot he has been.

I think you will find that they are mostly being advised to **** their mouths. But we have still recieved more info from anyone in a similar position after the initial fallout. Demanding complete transparency right now is just moronic. Would never happen in any pro sport in any country in the world

4 hours ago, Hydra said:

Geez you talk crap the person you are talking about is a match fixer.

Ask your racist Indians what happened to Singh when he racially abused Symmonds or when that other liar and cheat Tendulkar got away with ball tampering.

When Tendulkar got caught Indians claimed it was racist and got the match referee sacked.

When Singh racially abused Symmonds, Tendulakr changed his story in front of a high court judge but you are typical Indian you Indians can never do anything wrong. Then your BCCI threatened to go home mid tour disgusting.

WTF are you blabbering?

Firstly Australia was as bad as apartheid South Africa in the 70s 80s... you are probably a Pakistani who has immigrated there recently and also a tampering case, so genetically you might lose some subjectivity.

Anyway coming back to present times.... Harbhajan was “alleged” for using a racist slur which he clarified and he was acquitted.

How is that the same to getting caught with your pants down like in this case lol.

Edited by maniac
59 minutes ago, Fool said:

We all want the same thing. Australians more than anyone else. The fact CA gave out such bans speaks more about the aussie public outrage than any other countries thoughts on this matter.

Im not defending his actions and i support the punishments wholeheartedly.

I didnt say anything about his tears other than its obvious he realises now what a ******* idiot he has been.

I think you will find that they are mostly being advised to **** their mouths. But we have still recieved more info from anyone in a similar position after the initial fallout. Demanding complete transparency right now is just moronic. Would never happen in any pro sport in any country in the world

But can you believe that these three acted on their own to scuff the ball to help bowlers. How is world can anyone believe that , these guys are telling lie after lie and I have no idea why CA is covering up for bowlers and coaches.

Bancroft who is just starting out is really a dumb person if he did on his own, he has his whole career ahead of him.

Lehmann feeling guilty after seeing the presser has resigned.

BTW I believe they are getting very harsh punishment.But I think punishment is more for cover up than the act itself.

Edited by putrevus
4 hours ago, sarchasm said:

I suppose I am not human. I heard many say how brave it was for him to front up to the media at the end of the day's play when he cheated before the eyes of the whole world. I sort of believed that.

Turns out he was an inveterate liar who had delusions of lying his way through the whole unsavory episode. Now few drops of tears and he's all contrite again? Tell me why.

I am going to be charitable and accept he was a mediocre and inept leader who wasn't capable of checking blatant cheating conceived and executed under his watch. Fair enough.

But what's stopping him from coming clean NOW? Nobody who follows cricket believes that these three were the only ones involved in sandpaper-gate. CA's findings are a farce and a cover up. Smith's chance is here to come clean and tell us where the rot starts, how many are aware of it, and how long it has been going on. That's the bare minimum.

Smith won't come clean. In a prison, a snitch is considered the lowest form of scum. The Aussie cricket team's psyche seems no different. He will take the fall for his mates but won't reveal their names.

Imran and WW owe their careers to ball tampering, esp the former who had Shakoor Rana to hide the knives, chainsaws, lathe machine and what not.... while Smith will be out for 12 months, Imran Khan will run for PM post, life is unfair. 

12 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

This is a serious issue in Australia now. That is why he was crying for few minutes in press conference. It means a lot to Aussie fans (ball tampering) as we have seen. 

His emotions in press conference suggests that he has realized he made a blunder. Looks like he will improve as a sportsman post the ban.

When did i say Indian cricketers were not wrong. Did not i mention Azhar and Sreesanth. Read the post properly before starting to type.

I didn't say you personally.

But all you have to do is read forums where Indian fans use a lot and you will see.

Smith and Warner did something pretty bad.

But Indians and other nations are acting as if they have never done it.

11 hours ago, rtmohanlal said:

'racist Indians' ??????? Who are you to generalise???Harbhajan had clarified his stance w.r.t the matter  to the whole world & Sachin had been  cleared by the 'supreme authority' ICC that time itself. Don't make your own stories. On one hand we have chronic tamperors  like Imran who wouldn't have gone on to become even 3/4rth of the player in these mutli camera days....Here you are  accusing a legally 'clean chit' legendary batsman whose legacy had nothing to do with ' bowling'

You racist Singh and cheat Tendulkar only got away with it because Indians played the racist card.

Then went  a high court in Australia and lied about it in front of a judge and threatened to pack you bad and go home.

You god is a cheat and a liar. 

8 hours ago, maniac said:

WTF are you blabbering?

Firstly Australia was as bad as apartheid South Africa in the 70s 80s... you are probably a Pakistani who has immigrated there recently and also a tampering case, so genetically you might lose some subjectivity.

Anyway coming back to present times.... Harbhajan was “alleged” for using a racist slur which he clarified and he was acquitted.

How is that the same to getting caught with your pants down like in this case lol.

Being a racist if far worse.

So I was right Indians are racist they are quick to play the race card. lol

9 hours ago, putrevus said:

But can you believe that these three acted on their own to scuff the ball to help bowlers. How is world can anyone believe that , these guys are telling lie after lie and I have no idea why CA is covering up for bowlers and coaches.

Bancroft who is just starting out is really a dumb person if he did on his own, he has his whole career ahead of him.

Lehmann feeling guilty after seeing the presser has resigned.

BTW I believe they are getting very harsh punishment.But I think punishment is more for cover up than the act itself.

I dont believe it was just those 3. Just as i didnt believe boof didnt know. And if he didnt know, thats worse because players aren't communicating with the coach. Either way he had to go. I dont know the truth. Not many people do. Im willing to wait before calling for more peoples heads.

But the fact that they did such a stupid thing that had literally 0% chance of not being noticed kind of makes me think not many others would be involved. If they asked anyone in the team with a brain. Someone would have said. "Hey guys. There are shitloads of cameras pointing all directions. They will see it"

I dont really think the punishments are a cover up. Its more of a media circus caused by the devastated and angry masses. Overreaction maybe. But i dont care. This is unacceptable and if a  harsh punishment stops it ever happening again then it is an appropriate punishment.

We deserve to be a laughing stock over this. And we will be for a long time. CA know this and im 100% certain they are taking it very very seriously.

9 hours ago, Hydra said:

You racist Singh and cheat Tendulkar only got away with it because Indians played the racist card.

Then went  a high court in Australia and lied about it in front of a judge and threatened to pack you bad and go home.

You god is a cheat and a liar. 

now got your 'entire problem'. Keep on with that.