Speed,Swing &Performance of Fast Bowlers & Swing Bowlers in 2018 IPL

vishalvirsingh

12 hours ago, Mosher said:

Yes. Umesh is a must for the English tour. His problem has always been his spray gun tendency but this IPL he has hardly sprayed the ball around. If he keeps bowling like this he will be very handy with the new and old ball.

it has happened due to his slight change in action. it has hurt his death bowling though but has improved his accuracy for proper test cricket.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Siraj is very raw and not improving as he should have.  He needs better guidance.

In some ways , his approach is reminding me of Ishant Sharma.

Siraj is not clear in his mind about his strengths (  bowling quick, bowling skiddy stump directed deliveries and yorkers etc. )  ...  and is trying to emulate other bowlers  (  like trying too many slower balls and variations at which he is not adept ).

Siraj became a low average bowler in all formats in domestic cricket using his strengths.  Someone should just tell him to stop emulating other bowlers and be himself.  That should do the trick.

Edited by express bowling

43 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In some ways , his approach is reminding me of Ishant Sharma.

Siraj is not clear in his mind about his strengths (  bowling quick, bowling skiddy stump directed deliveries and yorkers etc. )  ...  and is trying to emulate other bowlers  (  like trying too many slower balls at which he us not adapt ).

Siraj became a low average bowler in all formats in domestic cricket using his strengths.  Someone should just tell him to stop emulating other bowlers and be himself.  That should do the trick.

he needs to fine tune his yorkers.  Another thing, i am not sure he knows what pace he can bowl or how quick he bowls. Sometimes, you need someone who can tell that to people who don't realize their strengths or are unaware.  Even Hanuman needed a Jamwant to make him realize his powers.

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

the ability to crank it up that much.

Oh quite a few then. Donald, Lee, Akhtar,Bond,Steyn,Morne, Sami, Wahab, Tino,MJ. I'd say Donald was the first to maintain high pace after 30 though. Clocked at 152 at the age of 32 in England a testament to the then UCB's careful management of their assets. Umesh is probably the second for us through after Sri - clocked 149 kph at the age of 30 

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

only one bowler in the world can bowl average pace at 145 right now and that is Starc. Even he will do only on his good days.

True. And he did that in tests too a couple of years ago. Sustaining high average pace in tests is incredible era considering the amount of cricket played. 

15 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Oh quite a few then. Donald, Lee, Akhtar,Bond,Steyn,Morne, Sami, Wahab, Tino,MJ. I'd say Donald was the first to maintain high pace after 30 though. Clocked at 152 at the age of 32 in England a testament to the then UCB's careful management of their assets. Umesh is probably the second for us through after Sri - clocked 149 kph at the age of 30 

I think I mentioned that he is one in the recent past who has done it. Not in the entire history of cricket. It was more of a loose comment from me, and I didnt entirely mean it, if it sounded like that. 

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

Kaul and Thakur can also bowl 145-147ks

But so far none of these Bowlers have fan base on IPL

Rajpoot is tall and bouncy. .. and even 132 k to 142 k can work for him.

Shorter seamers like Kaul and Thakur need high average pace or absolute mastery over swing bowling  ( to succeed in the longer formats )  as they lack natural bounce and advantage of a steeper trajectory.  They can  bowl an odd delivery at 145 k ...  but pacers of their height and bounce should ideally be 138 k to 148 k range or even higher  or have the superlative swinging ability of a Hadlee.

Edited by express bowling

20 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

Kaul and Thakur can also bowl 145-147ks

But so far none of these Bowlers have fan base on IPL

Those two are short guys, not that suited for International cricket.  we already have several short or shortish pacers in Shami, BK, Yadav, Bumrah.  Anyway, Kaul does not bowl 145-147K.  He is more of 135ishK bowler. Rajpoot also bowls between 135-140 but at 6'3-4", he gets extra bounce. Bounce is a bigger weapon than just pace.