Young Indian players' performances in the IPL

express bowling

Avesh Khan gave away only 7 rpo  in a high scoring match where the opposition scored at 10.5 rpo.   

He bowled really well, used his head while bowling and combined high pace and bounce with good skills.

He looks like the real deal. 

Edited by express bowling

One of the biggest reasons for Kohli's superlative success in LOIs is because he can play strokes and bat at a high SR using cricketing shots.  There is very little slogging.

Among the younger lot, Rahul and Samson can bat at a high SR using cricketing shots too. Gill may possess the same quality.

Samson has been showcasing this time and again this season and again played a brisk innings of 40 on Sunday.  Strokeplay looks so effortless to him.

I hope Samson gets his India cap soon.

Pant is the best hitter of the cricket ball of all the 20 year olds I have seen. There was yuvraj in early 2000 and then Rohit but he is head and shoulders above.

He still needs to work on his off-side game. I saw highlights of yesterday's match and all of his scoring shots were on leg-side. 

Vijay Shankar scored 54 not out off only 31 balls ...  with 5 huge sixes. 

Many of us had pointed out that Shankar can hit big sixes and his underwhelming innings in that T20I was due to a long break from the game.

He showed that today.

Still think Shankar's game is better suited for the longer formats. They should try him in the Afghanistan test ahead of Pandya

Avesh Khan gave away only 7 rpo  in a high scoring match where the opposition scored at 10.5 rpo.   

He bowled really well, used his head while bowling and combined high pace and bounce with good skills.

He looks like the real deal. 

Very impressed with Avesh. We have never had a hit the deck bowler after Srinath. 

He still needs to work on his off-side game. I saw highlights of yesterday's match and all of his scoring shots were on leg-side. 

Watch RCB game too. His range shots were better in that too. Youngsters at times do resort to leg side when they have to hit big shots. He was trying a bit too hard yesterday. His innings against RCB was effortless. Some great shots down the ground.

On Tuesday, May 01, 2018 at 8:42 AM, bowl_out said:

Still think Shankar's game is better suited for the longer formats. They should try him in the Afghanistan test ahead of Pandya

Shankar and Siraj are both more suited to ODIs and tests ... but were debuted in T20Is.  

Shankar can hit big shots but likes to get set before doing so.  That is ideal for ODIs. 

Introducing almost every new player via T20s can destroy many youngsters' careers.

shankar tries to move allover the place miscuing his shots,just needs to a take middle off guard and stand in 1 place and hit .

yesterday when he stayed still, he hit six and when he started moving, he miscued.

shankar tries to move allover the place miscuing his shots,just needs to a take middle off guard and stand in 1 place and hit .

yesterday when he stayed still, he hit six and when he started moving, he miscued.

It applies to almost every player barring freak talents like ABDV.

Pant was playing so well yesterday but his rhythm was upset when he starting moving all over the place.

Rishabh clearly lacks a proper off side strokeplay. There is improvement required in that. Like every player he tonks with great strength on leg side. More importantly he has the T20 mindset. Converts his 50's into 75+ scores which is a very good sign. Has to be in T20i playing 11.

Rishabh clearly lacks a proper off side strokeplay. There is improvement required in that. Like every player he tonks with great strength on leg side. More importantly he has the T20 mindset. Converts his 50's into 75+ scores which is a very good sign. Has to be in T20i playing 11.

you didnt watch his innings against RCB? Yesterday, one side of the boundary was big, so, he was trying to hit to shorter side. 

Edited by rkt.india