Karnataka election results

Stradlater

How the media failed to read the anti-incumbency is to be the biggest takeaway. Many ministers lost, and yet our esteemed journalists who toured the state saw nothing against the gov. And it's not the first time either. These media people didn't see the MODI tsunami in UP. Today, the media  has lost it's credibility. Their anti-BJP agenda and hypocrisy is clear to see.

Sort of off topic, I wonder how INC will handle an alliance with JDS in Karnataka while also pushing for an alliance with DMK/ADMK in TN?

One of the major issues JDS campaigned on was the Cauvery water issue, so if INC allies with them and allows a JDS CM, it could make them toxic for the Tamil parties.

On topic,

Goa and Manipur INC had the most seats, but I don't think they ever claimed to have an ability to form government. Here both BJP and INC claim they have the numbers to form government, so depending on who the Governor invites, it will be like the Governor selecting the ruling party of the state.

This can mean that some of the MLAs are ready to flip-flop to/from one group to another depending on who gets invited by the Governor.:phehe: 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/karnataka-governor-invites-bjps-yeddyurappa-to-form-government-in-the-state/articleshow/64194829.cms

15 days is a long way to sway 2 independents and some abstainees . BJP is desperate to get Karnataka due to 2019 elections. 

:ahaa:

Edited by coffee_rules

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/karnataka-governor-invites-bjps-yeddyurappa-to-form-government-in-the-state/articleshow/64194829.cms

15 days is a long way to sway 2 independents and some abstainees . BJP is desperate to get Karnataka due to 2019 elections. 

:ahaa:

They will buy some Cong MLAs and some JDS ones with Ambani and Adani moolah.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk