Rahane has learnt nothing from 2016 t20WC SF?

Temujin Khaghan

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Gettable but not walk in the park if bowler bowls well. 45 of 40 thing doesn't work in t20 cricket and you will lose most times. You can't expect new batsmen to just come and start blasting bowlers, especially on a slowish track like yesterday. Very few batsman can do that. You always need a set batsman to be there.

Agree... he wasted the power play..  should have persisted with Archer hoping he'll play a Sunil Narine like innings at the top

Rahane played a matchwiining innings for KKR lol. But seriously, he knew batting was weak and kept one end going. Can't blame him for this knock. I believe they needed 65 off 40 or some like that and that is quite achievable. They just lost samson and never recovered from that.

21 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

Agree... he wasted the power play..  should have persisted with Archer hoping he'll play a Sunil Narine like innings at the top

actually PP was not that bad yesterday and they were on course till 10th over as Samson was scoring quickly but he slowed down after PP. 

listen to smriti mandanas intrview with gaurav kapoor..

she played u16 when she was 12/13 .. she was doing well vs pace but strugggled vs spin because she was not having enough power 

rahane is also bit similar , when there is pace he milk the bowling , if there is no pace he struggles ..

i think he is 60kgs with a bmi of 16

6 minutes ago, velu said:

listen to smriti mandanas intrview with gaurav kapoor..

she played u16 when she was 12/13 .. she was doing well vs pace but strugggled vs spin because she was not having enough power 

rahane is also bit similar , when there is pace he milk the bowling , if there is no pace he struggles ..

i think he is 60kgs with a bmi of 16

Yo he is black belt karate champion..

(In a school where he is the only student, but that's a different matter :p)

Pathetic T20 player who is clearly a few years removed from being somewhat close to useful in the format. I don't understand WHY RR has still kept him. A misfit freeloading on the basis of being captain - it's like RR is a team of 10, not 11.

1 hour ago, nevada said:

Pathetic T20 player who is clearly a few years removed from being somewhat close to useful in the format. I don't understand WHY RR has still kept him. A misfit freeloading on the basis of being captain - it's like RR is a team of 10, not 11.

WHen you compare him with Pujara there is not much of a difference.  Yet that guy never gets picked because of his test match performance.

It's high time Indian cricket moved on from this average batsman. He is getting chances in these IPL teams simply because he is supposed pillar of Indian test batting. Once he is out of contention for Ind side, it would be curtains for his IPL career as well. That he is the captain of a T20 side is a disgrace beyond comparison

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

WHen you compare him with Pujara there is not much of a difference.  Yet that guy never gets picked because of his test match performance.

Yes, both are about the same calibre. Rahane is a decent fielder while Pujara is a liability on the field. Pujara can bat well against spinners but the same cannot be said for Rahane.