Priyanka Chopra gets flak for ‘Hindu terror’ plot in Quantico

Gollum

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

@Mariyam

There is a tv serial called Goodness Gracious Me. In that there is a joke where by Indian British guy doesnt gets offended or takes no exception, instead thinks its OK  when a white British guy uses racially abusive term P A K I. Joke shows gullibility of Indians

because P A K I isnt a racially abusive term in India.

Edited by rkt.india

As I’ve said somewhere in this thread, the reaction is mainly because of the social media and then mainstream TV channels sensationalising everything now a days...

Also most protests are against PC than any Americans. Basically why PC agreed to this scene even if she’s no control over the script etc. Fair enough she’s under contract etc...

PC is considered a Liberal and in past has made some political comments etc, goes frequently to see Rohingiya camps (as UN representative, fair enough... RW people ask questions she never ask UN to allow her to see the Kashmiri Pundit camps, but they are nitpicking here... ). So she has a history and RW used this opportunity to target her.

They’ve every right to protest as long as it’s done peacefully. Whether you call it major over reaction or not, they’ve right to protest... you cannot take away that right of even protest. As long as they are not indulging in violent protest like many other communities indulge in India or abroad..

This was not a inadvertent mistake in the plot. They deliberately did it because all over the World everybody knows that Hindus and Indians are easy target and these types of hit jobs can easily be done, get some publicity etc.

The things now a days, you never know if any political party can get a hit job done to target Hindus, Indians to embarrass the current ruling party. I mean they can go to any lengths to do hit jobs..

So all is fair. It’s a free World.. you did a hit job which your right. People protested and have moved on, as they had the right to do so...

PC is no saint. She’ll continue to face protest (as long as peaceful and lawful, people have right to do so) as long as she continues to do hit jobs on Hindus & Indians...

43 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Who is the 'they' here? The West? The Governments in the West? Hollywood?

I ask you, why are you so upset over what some Americans may think about India, after watching this show?

Why the need for this acceptance/validation from the West?

'They' refers to the West and more specifically the Western media/entertainment outlets. 

I am more upset because disinformation is being spread about India to a global audience, no denying the fact that American media entertainment has tremendous global following. Many (majority) people get their information from TV shows/movies and a false picture can get ingrained in their minds. After watching '300', many people would be having a negative image of the great Persian Empire/culture/society vis-a-vis the morally superior, fair and glorious Greeks while in reality nothing can be further from the truth. Achaemenid Empire was the greatest empire of the old World and Xerxes was a legendary ruler...Persian society was more just and free, slavery was opposed while slavery was an integral part of the Spartan society. Similarly the portrayal of Hindus in 'The Temple of Doom' was a deliberately mischievous take on our customs, even today many people think that is what Hinduism is about.... what's the problem if one wants to oppose the narrative and get the other side's pov across?

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Who is the 'they' here? The West? The Governments in the West? Hollywood?

I ask you, why are you so upset over what some Americans may think about India, after watching this show?

Why the need for this acceptance/validation from the West?

It's called righteous indignation, yet when people point the finger at India the same people seem to disappear or make excuses or blame women.

Yet they are the first to want to come to the West and leave India. lol

Edited by Hydra

2 hours ago, asterix said:

https://m.gulfnews.com/amp/tabloid/celebrity/dubai-hotel-cuts-ties-with-chef-atul-kochhar-following-tweet-1.2236167?__twitter_impression=true

Celebrity Chef Atul Kochar looses job in UAE for his tweet about Islam to PC following which he apologised. However the hotel cut ties off him...

Thanks to Indian liberal  twitterati who champion free speech, tagged his employer and complained no end. rags like Rana Ayyub, Bharkha,..They are for tyrannical laws that they ate fighting against in India. Hypocritical dimwitted a-holes. 

23 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Thanks to Indian liberal  twitterati who champion free speech, tagged his employer and complained no end. rags like Rana Ayyub, Bharkha,..They are for tyrannical laws that they ate fighting against in India. Hypocritical dimwitted a-holes. 

This all happened due to a lady called Rupa Subramanya, a self proclaimed economist. She tagged Atul's employers after having a standoff with him on twitter. Also Rupa is known to float where the wind blows, she was a Modi Bhakt till 2014 but she didn't get some kinda post in Modi's ministry which she desired. Since then she's known for spouting rubbish in her TL regarding anything which current govt does.

And then people ask what has Modi done for Hindus. This incident shows he has given a voice, some unity and increased awareness. In freedom of speech, there should also be freedom to reaction. Before 2014, there were all sorts of abuses, false information, conspiracies were done, but there was only silence as reaction. But now, there can be social backlash, there are teams of fact checkers who can call them out.

But reaction differs drastically , look at Atul Kochar who faced prosecution  In India, it's similar where our seculars are bullies who will prosecute anything against them. Modi can be abused freely, but you will face huge consequences if it's the secular leaders.

I came across a very cheap article from scroll.in today regarding the Atul Kochar issue, there is a thin line between voicing your political ideologies and being totally crass in your journalism.

I have always maintained a neutral position when it come to supporting political parties but even I can see the obnoxious behaviour of the left wing media. I have come across right wing websites like swarajyamag, they do criticize the left wing but make sure it's as constructive as possible, nothing like the arrogant filth you get in sites like scroll.in 

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

It wasn't just the satellite phones. We intercepted all communication between the terrorists and their handlers. Some advanced ( for 2008) type of VoIP was used and the masterminds thought that they wouldn't be over heard. All these in toto proved the complicity of the Pakistanis. The Pakistanis have always been in denial and no amount of evidence is going to change that.

Even in face of overwhelming evidence, the Pakistanis have been in denial. First their official line was that the attackers weren't Pakistani. Then when it was exposed that all of the 10 were Pakistanis, they floated this non state actors theory. While there maybe *some* truth to the fact that the highest level of leadership- civilian or military weren't aware of this attack, there is do denying that officers as highly ranked as majors and brigadiers were onto this and provided all kinds of logistical support.

I read through the dossiers so I'm aware of the amount of evidence we had. What I wanted to specifically understand was the extent to which one could plea plausible deniability; since items can be planted and telephonic conversations can be faked/manufactured. This is not just in relation to 26/11.   

19 minutes ago, someone said:

And then people ask what has Modi done for Hindus. This incident shows he has given a voice, some unity and increased awareness. In freedom of speech, there should also be freedom to reaction. Before 2014, there were all sorts of abuses, false information, conspiracies were done, but there was only silence as reaction. But now, there can be social backlash, there are teams of fact checkers who can call them out.

But reaction differs drastically , look at Atul Kochar who faced prosecution  In India, it's similar where our seculars are bullies who will prosecute anything against them. Modi can be abused freely, but you will face huge consequences if it's the secular leaders.

Completely agree, although I must admit that I'm tired of Rahul Gandhi bashing videos made by BJP's IT cell. Sure he may not be a PM material but he does not deserve the mockery he gets. Political discourses were far more civilized before the social media era.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

Completely agree, although I must admit that I'm tired of Rahul Gandhi bashing videos made by BJP's IT cell. Sure he may not be a PM material but he does not deserve the mockery he gets. Political discourses were far more civilized before the social media era.

Shouldn't jokes, bashing, scrutiny be for all parties? Or is it only restricted to Modi? That's my biggest problem as the opposition don't like any questioning.

I came across a very cheap article from scroll.in today regarding the Atul Kochar issue, there is a thin line between voicing your political ideologies and being totally crass in your journalism.

I have always maintained a neutral position when it come to supporting political parties but even I can see the obnoxious behaviour of the left wing media. I have come across right wing websites like swarajyamag, they do criticize the left wing but make sure it's as constructive as possible, nothing like the arrogant filth you get in sites like scroll.in 
To be honest I find Swarajyamag and other right wingers like Opindia more conducive to my logic.
I was previously a CPI(M) supporter , but now I am gonna vote the BJP in 2019

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, someone said:

Shouldn't jokes, bashing, scrutiny be for all parties? Or is it only restricted to Modi? That's my biggest problem as the opposition don't like any questioning.

I think there are articles/websites which do heavily bash the left wing and their leaders, in the internet era everyone is targeted and no one is spared.

There is a massive difference between communication in the internet and in real life. You may understand my comment online but you will never get to know non verbal cues like the tone of my voice or the facial expression which are very essential parts of communication. Which is why I believe that the social media era has created huge misunderstandings between the people.

3 minutes ago, MechEng said:

I think there are articles/websites which do heavily bash the left wing and their leaders, in the internet era everyone is targeted and no one is spared.

There is a massive difference between communication in the internet and in real life. You may understand my comment online but you will never get to know non verbal cues like the tone of my voice or the facial expression which are very essential parts of communication. Which is why I believe that the social media era has created huge misunderstandings between the people.

Replace social media with "diversity". So some people hate both and they are usually bullies, closed minded people, dictators.  Social media has given voices to quiet people groups and really shown the reality of minds . So it's positives....

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

'They' refers to the West and more specifically the Western media/entertainment outlets. 

I am more upset because disinformation is being spread about India to a global audience, no denying the fact that American media entertainment has tremendous global following. Many (majority) people get their information from TV shows/movies and a false picture can get ingrained in their minds. After watching '300', many people would be having a negative image of the great Persian Empire/culture/society vis-a-vis the morally superior, fair and glorious Greeks while in reality nothing can be further from the truth. Achaemenid Empire was the greatest empire of the old World and Xerxes was a legendary ruler...Persian society was more just and free, slavery was opposed while slavery was an integral part of the Spartan society. Similarly the portrayal of Hindus in 'The Temple of Doom' was a deliberately mischievous take on our customs, even today many people think that is what Hinduism is about.... what's the problem if one wants to oppose the narrative and get the other side's pov across?

This is a nonsensical argument that has a long history of being used by authoritarian/theocratic regimes to enforce conformity. 

We are species homo sapiens. A species that has put itself on other celestial bodies. The ONLY species amongst trillions to've evolved on this planet that has overriden its genetic behaviour in some cases by memetic behaviour. You mean to say we are going to be fundamentally altered in our overall POV by some piece of fictional story ? 

I call nonsense and codswallop on that. Those who are going to think that hindus are terrorists because of some fictional sci-fi, would've thought hindus are terrorists due to cow-lynchings and all that anyways. 

Arts and freedom of expression is not obligated to play to the lowest common denominator - otherwise you have the European dark ages, the late medieval Islamic dark ages and the current hinduvta engineering a dark age for India. 

Life has far bigger tests for you than some fictional tv show that you don't happen to like. 

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

They are hypocrites man, still remember the global outrage when Da Vinci Code was released. They don't have a tolerant bone in their body yet have the chutzpah to call out Indians/Hindus over the supposed over reaction to this Quantico controversy. There is yet another class of slave Indians (visible even on this thread) who are worse because they can see no wrong in the West yet won't let go an opportunity to bash their own. We have many faults in our society but if you try to find those which don't exist be prepared for resistance from the other side. 

except for die-hard Christians, no one was offended by Da-Vinci code. And given that Europe + Canada are over 50% atheist/non-practicing, its a tiny minority that got offended.

9 hours ago, Gollum said:

A fictional sci-fi show is neither information nor disinformation. That is your problem - you are equating a fictional show with news media or a documentary. 

23 hours ago, Gollum said:

This country is so divided, can see that even on this forum. We can't even talk in one voice when our country's reputation is attacked, sad to see. 

Good. It shows that our country is a free country and not some mind-control regime. Species homo sapiens is an individualistic species that forms collective bonds due to self-need. That is the fundamental truth. Ergo, if 1.2 billion people spoke with one voice over a non-empiric idea, it shows that there is something fundamentally wrong in that society to suppress free thought and conform to that degree.

I am proud of the fact that Indians have a myriad of views and those views are not suppressed. 

14 hours ago, MechEng said:

Try making a fictional movie with a Jewish woman from Poland falling in love with an SS soldier, and then let's see if they have the guts to justify it's fictionality. 

Already done.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/goingoutguide/movies/a-nazi-soldier-falls-for-a-jewish-woman-in-the-exception/2017/06/29/349f460c-5820-11e7-a204-ad706461fa4f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.18ffcb16c9e2

Nobody got bent out of shape. Its because out here, in the civilized world, most people accept fiction for what it is - creativity and a fantasy, nothing more.