Suresh raina to replace Ambati Rayudu in India's ODI squad for series against England.

13 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

He saved our backside against Pakistanis even in 2015 WC.SA had junior DALA hitting 140 clicks against him.And his role was always like this.Come at number 5-6 and make some quick runs and then field like a hungry tiger.

Pant has been a massive failure in his all international outings till now.He doesnt even have good A team outing other than Afghans.So I can understand selectors being sceptical about him.

Yes a massive failure in massive no of international outings till now. Great.

5 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Did you watch Suresh Raina bat in some of his initial matches in Internationals?

We didnt have much options back then.We even kept an underperforming jaddu also for a long time.But this is now and we have a policy of trying folks in A teams and then getting them into main team.Pant has not passed that test yet.He will get his opportunity in England In few days and let us see how he performs.My guess would be he would hack it and fail like before.I dont see much future for him other than in T20 hackfest.

14 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

He had done few A team tours and failed to score runs in all of them except against Afghans.Also look at the way he batted in international games he got.Was batting like a deer infront of headlights.Even the much maligned VijayShankar did better than him.

Can you enlighten us on how Vijay shankar did better than him? Did Vijay shankar did a solo performance just for your eyes only that we missed out on?

1 minute ago, Cricket_Fan said:

No name calling, son.Stick to the topic please.

I'll call it as how I see it. Why don't you respond to the rest of the post? Tell us how Vijay shankar looked awesome in that final against the might bangladeshis.