Suresh raina to replace Ambati Rayudu in India's ODI squad for series against England.

A good performance by A Team doesn't necessarily means a player is good.
I have a feeling that the gulf between A team and Senior team is pretty large in many nations like South Africa and New Zealand.
I would actually go on record to say that India has the best reserve bench in cricket all over the world.
If the sports organization could give half the effort in their other sports , we might have gotten more Olympic Medals and played in the FIFA WC.

However , the other countries might not boast strong benches but they have a strong intent to win and work hard.
Plus they Don't have much politics at the senior level, so they can choose their best players , best coaches and give their best.
While our cricketers just think about getting a Bollywood girlfriend and do stupid photoshoots for GQ.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I get the concept regarding the need for players to be fit. I just question whether the one yo yo test would be able to flush that out. I think they should come up with different benchmarks, that include cricket achievements in the domestic tournaments, fitness standards as they relate to specific skills e.g. slip catching, overall fitness standards such as the yo yo test, and maybe even something that measures mental fitness. Then evaluate the overall record before making the call as to whether a person should be in or out. Simply relying on the one yo yo test benchmark for determining if a person is fit to play, is lazy. So you got Raina instead of Rayudu. I am not sure, based on recent form, whether India is better off as a result. Rayudu is in the form of his life with the bat. And he fielded well in the Ipl. So it’s not like we kicked out a couch potato type player. While Raina might be fitter, on current form he is not a better bat than Rayudu is.  

On 6/17/2018 at 3:34 AM, Cricket_Fan said:

That is exactly what I am saying.Pant's international credentials are still not that great.

And how do you think it will improve. He has played total of 2-3 t20 international do you think that's enough to proof his credential. Had he been played 1 or 2 good inning  it wouldn't have proved anything in terms of international career, as career are build over a time. Anyway its not wc or CT where selectors couldn't have tried any youngsters, if not pant there are few others in line than going back to Raina.

On 6/17/2018 at 10:18 AM, gambhirfan said:

Can’t wait for cheerleader Shastri to cheerlead for Raina and explain to us how Raina’s experience is so valuable and how you can’t ignore experience.

+ People who are criticizing Raina look themselves in the mirror. :giggle:

On 6/17/2018 at 6:28 PM, Cricket_Fan said:

Who said he looked awesome. He did bad.But even that looked better than how Pant did in his outings.

Missing the balls consistently in all important final looks better . Man, just don't put anything to prove your point. You may  or may not be right in your opinion on Pant failure in internation cricket, but relative praise of that Shankar's inning in final is lol worthy.:facepalm: