Your most painful cricket related memory against other teams?

17 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Bangladeshi laughing at Indian loses :(( look what one AC 2012 did to these minnows..

Bot I know you love your Bangladeshi forum, but currently you are ACTIVE on indiancricketfans.com and most of the posters here are Indians, @Number is an Indian poster, you can log in to bangla forum only after 12 a.m.

Most painful was 2003 WC final, 

That ridiculous "ane do" series in 2013 where we lost to that meek Pakistai side with some foolish captaincy from  dhoni, dinda opening the bowling for us :cantstop:

and last one is the series lost to Bangladesh :wall: in 2015, Fool dhoni became the only indian captain to loose a series vs Bangladesh :hysterical:  

these 3 things are most painful for me.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Most painful was 2003 WC final, 

That ridiculous "ane do" series in 2013 where we lost to that meek Pakistai side with some foolish captaincy from  dhoni, dinda opening the bowling for us :cantstop:

and last one is the series lost to Bangladesh :wall: in 2015, Fool dhoni became the only indian captain to loose a series vs Bangladesh :hysterical:  

these 3 things are most painful for me.

how was 2003 most painful? reaching final was a great achievement there.  We did not expect us to beat Australia. For me, 2003 WC was one of the best tournament ever for India even better than 2011 despite winning it. I rate reaching 2003 WC final higher than 2011 WC win in our cricketing achievements.

Edited by rkt.india
57 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Good to see you back to your belligerent self. Was pitiful to see you crying about Dhoni's dead rubber knock against Bangladesh yesterday :((. And yeah wake me up when you find those "tons of innings".

:phehe: point was.. he made a comeback like a legend in next match. Hmmm Your pain was about something else I see.. Got triggered when I mentioned your Ailiaa's selfish innings. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

how was 2003 most painful? reaching final was a great achievement.  We were not expected to beat Australia. For me, 2003 WC was one of the best tournament ever for India even better than 2011 despite winning it. I rate reaching 2003 WC final higher than 2011 WC win in our cricketing achievements.

Lol :confused:

Edited by rkt.india
41 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how was 2003 most painful? reaching final was a great achievement.  We expected us to beat Australia. For me, 2003 WC was one of the best tournament ever for India even better than 2011 despite winning it. I rate reaching 2003 WC final higher than 2011 WC win in our cricketing achievements.

This. 2011 team was lucky it didn't come up against any opponent even close to the might of 2003 Aus. We barely scraped through an ordinary Aus team in Motera, against 2003 Aus that would have been a massacre. 

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Bot I know you love your Bangladeshi forum, but currently you are ACTIVE on indiancricketfans.com and most of the posters here are Indians, @Number is an Indian poster, you can log in to bangla forum only after 12 a.m.

Software getting triggered when BD are called minnows :phehe: Forums are generally available 24/7, look at this useless bot giving out timings:cantstop: 

Edited by Rasgulla
38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

how was 2003 most painful? reaching final was a great achievement.  We expected us to beat Australia. For me, 2003 WC was one of the best tournament ever for India even better than 2011 despite winning it. I rate reaching 2003 WC final higher than 2011 WC win in our cricketing achievements.

Lol :confused:

13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

:phehe: point was.. he made a comeback like a legend in next match. Hmmm Your pain was about something else I see.. Got triggered when I mentioned your Ailiaa's selfish innings. 

Yeah right. Shat himself when the series was alive against the mighty Banglas and then made a lejhundary "comeback" in the dead rubber LMAO.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

See I mentioned 2003 WC final, only that final was painful as we expected us to beat Australia, I agree 2003wc was achievement but its that final :wall:

26 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Software getting triggered when BD are called minnows :phehe: Forums are generally available 24/7, look at this useless bot giving out timings:cantstop: 

Bot, I know you are a multitasker, you use both Indian and bangla forum, ending up getting confused between bangla and Indian posters :phehe: I know bot its difficult to distinguish the two for you, I some times wish you was a human Bot. :sad:

We needed 16 runs to win match against Pak and as soon as Sachin got out we lost 6 wickets. That was an era where Indian team was entirely dependent on Sachin. The time when many bowlers targeted only one wicket. 

The next worst imo was Indian losing to SL in WC semis.

Third worst was Pak beating us in CT 2017 finals.

40 minutes ago, Gollum said:

This. 2011 team was lucky it didn't come up against any opponent even close to the might of 2003 Aus. We barely scraped through an ordinary Aus team in Motera, against 2003 Aus that would have been a massacre. 

In 2003, the only team we lost to was Aus. In 2011, at home, we lost to SA, tied with England.  Struggled against Pak and Aus.  Our campaign was scratchy and we were expected to win the WC from ball one as we had the best team for those conditions.  In 2003, we thrashed every team bar Aussies on our way to finals that too overseas.  We never had a better overseas tournament before that.  

15 minutes ago, speedheat said:

See I mentioned 2003 WC final, only that final was painful as we expected us to beat Australia, I agree 2003wc was achievement but its that final :wall:

No, we did not expect us to beat Australia, that was a typo in my original post, which i later corrected. No one expected we will beat Aus in final. 

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

No, we did not expect us to beat Australia, that was a typo in my original post, which i later corrected. No one expected we will beat Aus in final. 

Even I was very disappointed with the 2003 F but now looking back it was a peak too high to scale. Had Aussies had an off day (like WI 1983) may be there was a puncher's chance, but they played their normal cricket in the F...such a mentally tough team !!!!!

Remember the TVS tri series later that year, Ind-Aus-NZ. Aus came in with a 2nd string bowling attack (Ian Harvey, Brad Williams, rookie Bracken etc...no Mcgrath/Brett Lee/Hogg) and still pwned us on our turf as if we were nothing...won 4 out of the 5 H2H encounters including the F. We couldn't chase 235 against Bichel/Bracken/Brad Williams/Harvey/Symonds/Clarke in Kolkata, how could we have ever chased 360 in Jo'berg against Mcgrath/Lee/Bichel/Hogg? 

Edited by Gollum
8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Even I was very disappointed with the 2003 F but now looking back it was a peak too high to scale. Had Aussies had an off day (like WI 1983) may be there was a puncher's chance, but they played their normal cricket in the F...such a mentally tough team !!!!!

Remember the TVS tri series later that year, Ind-Aus-NZ. Aus came in with a 2nd string bowling attack (Ian Harvey, Brad Williams, rookie Bracken etc...no Mcgrath/Brett Lee/Hogg) and still pwned us on our turf as if we were nothing...won 4 out of the 5 H2H encounters including the F. We couldn't chase 235 against Bichel/Bracken/Brad Williams/Harvey/Symonds/Clarke in Kolkata, how could we have ever chased 360 in Jo'berg against Mcgrath/Lee/Bichel/Hogg? 

Yes that bowling attack was one of the best ever with two of ODI ATGs in McGrath and Brett Lee. Gillespie and Hogg were just a notch below. Our only chance was to take advantage of new ball as pitch had something in it for seamers early on.  Ball did move early but our pacers' nerves were wrecked.

Edited by rkt.india

Our road to the final of wc 2003 in itself was an achievement of great magnitude..yes we as a fan wished Ind brings home the cup but that invincible Aussie team had 11 demons playing for them ( we as kids used to address the then Aussie team as it) ,some said they are blessed with immense talent..But deep down inside every Indian knew in advance that it could be a blood bath ..it actually happened ,we succumbed to one of the worst defeat in an icc final