When will torture of Raina end??

chewy

2 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

To be honest, We are not gonna win WC19.
And unlike 2007, we are no longer keen to win another trophy.
Status Quo zaari rahega and hasbeens will stick to the team.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

People can be critical of Dhoni as much as they want but it shows how corrupt and spineless captain Kohli is.All the false bravado chest thumping he was doing pre captaincy turned out to be fake.

People can be critical of Dhoni as much as they want but it shows how corrupt and spineless captain Kohli is.All the false bravado chest thumping he was doing pre captaincy turned out to be fake.
I have to say Dhoni is a corrupt credit chor and a mafia but I do think somewhere deep inside him,there lies a passionate cricketer, a master tactician who do wants to win games.
Kohli on the otherhand , wants to make money and retain his brand value at any cost.
And the funky thing is that, he actually doesn't have a slightest idea of how to actually build a brand.
He is popular right now because he is being successful.
But how many days?
I don't think people feel for him the way they felt for Sachin and Dhoni or even the likes of Ganguly , Sehwag and Yuvi.
You know, humility is a key way to gain fans.
There is a reason Lionel Messi evokes so much emotion around the world.
He is humble.
Yeah, Sachin and Dhoni might have indulged in Nasty politics behind the closed doors (they have) but they are clever enough to put up a facade of humbleness for the fans.
But Kohli's image depends being crass , arrogant and suffering from a nasty bout of superiority complex.
Ofcourse , Sachin and Dhoni's egos are as inflated as Kohli's.
But the huge difference is they manage to keep it hidden from public eyes while people's perception of Virat has always been borderline negative from the get go.
Recent social awareness campaigns also haven't been exactly successful in tilting Kohli's public perception- and the Rasta Pe Kachhra just exposed both his and his wife's vile , attentionwhoring behaviour.
Also Virat is generally thought to be as an inept captain by the general population-and the masses dictate what will be your legacy 50 yrs after.

People still believe even after stepping down, it is Dhoni who is shadow captaining the team.
Even if Dhoni is not there , people dismiss Kohli by crediting Rahane and Rohit and generally overall good performance by the team

And Kohli doesn't know how to take credit silently
He thinks himself as Desi Cricket's Narendra Modi, but Shastri and Dhoni are no Amit Shahs .
They are definitely not gonna have Virat's back when he needs them- likely they will put their share of the blame on him and make a bakra out of Virat .

4 minutes ago, VT87 said:

I am a huge fan of virat battling but secretly wants him to loose against pak in 2019 wc match so he kicked out of captaincy. Tab jake kalge me thandak padagi

no amount of Internal disharmony can ever lead at least me to want India to loose a game to Pak. It is a tradition that needs to be kept up. trash in hockey, trash in tracks and fields, trash in boxing/wrestling/kabbadi, trash in cricket wc. 

2 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

I will be really honest about it:

Project Raina will end when he is as pathetic as Yuvraj, Yusaf Pathan etc. It will be take approx. 2-3 more years for that. Idiots and Bewdas are running Indian Cricket now. Specials thanks to Tendulkar for putting nail in the coffin of Indian Cricket Dreams of 2019 WC by selecting Bewda. 

i think its symptomatic of the society, we might not be surprised if Dhoni follows suit and trade favors once he is out too. Its just the way it is, with Indian cricket.

this is the thing, Kohli is bad in this Sachin and Dhoni are masters in this, even Ganguly was found wanting..an other guy who had issues with public perception was Gambhir.

Nah as much as Ganguly gets a bit Of Rap for being brash and rude , most people I have met (Bongs and Non-Bongs alike) respect Ganguly as a fearless captain who worked for the benefit of the country.

Gambhir too is liked by most people I have interacted with
He might have anger issues , but mostly comes off as a genuine hardworker .

He doesn't deserve to be in the XI but he does go after the bowling from the start. At least 3 maharathis (Rohit, Pandey, Dhoni) always wanna settle down, get comfy and try a thing or two in the "slog" overs. Among these 3 only Rohit has the time & ability to cover up and can be excused at times. 

So yea, 3 passengers for sure in the team. Such a shame to have a 2 month long league every damn year and not use the potentials from there. 

57 minutes ago, Vilander said:

no amount of Internal disharmony can ever lead at least me to want India to loose a game to Pak. It is a tradition that needs to be kept up. trash in hockey, trash in tracks and fields, trash in boxing/wrestling/kabbadi, trash in cricket wc. 

Bhai i was shattered when we lost against pak on 19 June but you have to realise his destiny to loose against pak in wc even cheater like Azher has never lost to pak ( I can't sallow  that idiotic decision to bowl first in final of ct 2017 against  pak till now)

Like I was saying, this guy makes a honest attempt. Doesn't mean he should be in the XI but there's worse players in the side. 

Rohit just needs time to settle down every single game, Rahul is a better opener in T20. Pandey is somebody's rishtedar, his selection defies logic. Dhoni is a thekedaar, he can't be touched.

Meritocracy isn't valued as much in so many ecosystems around us.