Team management reduces 4 day practice game to 3 day

I can see a certain coach boasting and chest thumping about that if it happens.

That is not necessarily gonna improve Kohli's public perception.
His image has already gone beyond damage post Raasta pe Kachhra incident... One or 2 bilaterals can't improve that.
Only thing that I can see essentially stopping his eventual fall from grace is 1 or 2 ICC trophies.. But I don't feel like Kohli and Co are going to win trophies with this mentality and team composition.
Atleast Dhoni had the facade of a nice behaviour and a hyperactive and skillful PR along with a psycho fanbase to atone himself of all the sins
Kohli does not have that luxury.
People already find him a brat and a vulgar gawaar and a stupid captain and he needs to do a lot more to make people believe in him.
After all, it is the public perception that directs history.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

So, the three practise matches that Pakistan had was just for time pass?
It is more of a mentality issue than anything.
Pak might have a way shittier team , services and reserve bench than India, but they have the mentality to work hard and win. However, Indian players take themselves as Gods and are forever deluded in their own heaven of self entitlement.

1 minute ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

It is more of a mentality issue than anything.
Pak might have a way shittier team , services and reserve bench than India, but they have the mentality to work hard and win. However, Indian players take themselves as Gods and are forever deluded in their own heaven of self entitlement.

Blame the fan base for that who worship them like bhagwans.

15 minutes ago, Oldhere said:

Green pitch has been prepared, that's really good for practise. If the outfield is not grassy, just don't drive around. This is not an international ground to be perfect on all counts.

Blame the fan base for that who worship them like bhagwans.

Yeah the fanbase should blame themselves...
Because it is us who has allowed to grow these psychotic parasites into narcissist idiots by hailing them as Gods just because they were doing well in a game played by limited number of people in SENA countries and south asia.

However, most of the old players were really dedicated and worked super hard.
And were mostly well behaved and polite - atleast in person.
But all of these post Money Bloom players are complete idiots and themselves believe in their own hype
For example this Kohli who is an insult to humankind
He is suffering from the worst kind of self entitlement and considers himself the King of this world.
He is the worst person to be given power and responsibility-he can't handle it.
He just wants the tag and the fame assosciated with it.
Such greedy person with narrow thought process.
Can't wait for the day when shoes are hurled at him.

No practice matches in SA and the series was lost. Not saying though that if we had played warmups we would have won the series. However, we could have given a better fight while losing series.

This is another casual approach at international level. Yes, England are slightly lesser opponents than SA, however this over confidence might cost us another series. 

Edited by Straight Drive

If India losses this test series by a wider margin than  2-3 , all the cricket loving public across the country should gather  in masses ,  be it in public demonstrations , social media etc etc and conduct severe protest against these frauds, Sastri in particular.Game loving public deserves the team more than players , because these players are playing in the name of the nation, for the public of the nation.No Sastri or Kohli is above the nation which implies the 'game loving millions as a whole '

2 minutes ago, beetle said:

They should have let the playrs play 4 days.

The ones who don't need could have taken off.

We have 18 players that need practice.

This.

It's not an international match and team had lot of options. They could have easily spent 4th day on field in whatever manner they want.

Out of those 18, some won't even get chance in first 3 tests. Why not let them play 4th day?

This is pathetic excuse by team management. 

It is a green pitch and there are chances that we might get similar conditions. Pant, Vijay or Rahul could have practice leaving the ball on 4th day.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

It is entirely conceivable that the facilities and pitches weren't up to par. So what? Did the Indian teams of past always received perfect practice facilities? Likely not. How about the visiting teams to India? Very likely they were at the receiving end of dismal practice facilities. How many of them ever UNILATERALLY shortened practice matches?

When did this team get so thin skinned and precious?

Yes, teams have faced all sort of problems in past, but this is first time I am hearing about team avoiding practice days. Happened in SA and now here. 

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

It is entirely conceivable that the facilities and pitches weren't up to par. So what? Did the Indian teams of past always received perfect practice facilities? Likely not. How about the visiting teams to India? Very likely they were at the receiving end of dismal practice facilities. How many of them ever UNILATERALLY shortened practice matches?

They just need an excuse to throw a tantrum.

This must be their way of pouting and showing ego.

Practice matches cannot have the same high standard as test ....as long as they are not dangerous.

Apni practice karo...out of three days if they( opposition) bat well....these guys will get just 1+ day .

What else do you expect from a person , along with his darling filmstar who films a guy throwing trash from his car without blurring his face and then publicly shames him by using the choicest of words targetting his upbringing etc in a condascending tone in Social Media?

BCCI is powerful enough to bargain for better facilities-they just feel lazy to play more.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Some comments from Twitter

Should have reduced their family tours and played it a day before

Pahle 5 din ki chutti lete hain phir 4 din ka match 3 din ka karate hain bc ye ho kya raha hai indian cricket me. Ghumne gaye hain sab ghume

Its like skipping pre-boards for boards exam. Wish I had such management back in school.

But isnt playing a 4 day game part of the preparation

As the great dandaroy says " Kuch nahi honey wala, sab bakwas ka faltu ka time waste hai".