Performances of Batsmen

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The will to improve and learn from their mistakes are totally missing from Pujara, Rahane and Kohli nowadays. 

And their reduced ability, due to age, is not helping either.

One of the coaches came on Ashwin's chat show and talked gloriously about tactics and great captaincy after ONE test win in the middle of a series. That tells you everything about the thinking process in that TM. It's all about PR for the clown captain, all else is secondary.

56 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The will to improve and learn from their mistakes are totally missing from Pujara, Rahane and Kohli nowadays. 

And their reduced abilities, due to age, is not helping either.

Their form isn't coming back now. They will still score here and there but far and few with high inconsistency. These guys are going down too soon, too quickly.

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is the biggest problem with having a captain going through a horrible slump in batting.

He can't / won't drop the other non-performers with the bat because his own inclusion will be questioned then. 

that is very true and kohli's combination of insecurity, idiocy, and ego is especially dangerous.

This thread sees far too little traffic. The middle order is clearly in decline and should be booted as soon as possible. Although Rohit is doing well, age is not on his side, neither are injuries. So, we need to identify 14 batsmen in total (2 for each position) that should be made match ready in ~2 yrs from now. I believe that in the 7, we need at least two positions to consist of consolidators (not necessarily v. defensive players) and No. 5 should have the ability to play with the lower middle order and tail.

1 - Shaw/Easwaran (both are better against pace than spin IMO)

2 - Mayank/Padikkal (mayank is fairly good against spin, but not clear how much his game has progressed)

3 - Vihari/??? {we need to find a back-up consolidator who can block if needed)

4/5 - KLR + Gill (Rahul is better suited in middle order IMO; both of them can play if we have 6 batsmen; if just one, Gill can be at 3 and Vihari can open)

5/6 - Sundar/??? (Sundar is the one I'd like to see groomed long-term; need to find a similar player)

6/7 - Pant/??? (although Pant has done well despite his failures in Eng, we do need a back-up; and the back-up must be a proper batsman-keeper who can play in top 6. kishan/samson are not convincing in the least)

7/8 - Jaddu/??? (I am not sure how well Jaddu can continue to take wkts abroad; his bowling has suffered somewhat; we need an AR who can play at 7 - thakur is better suited for 8, as is ashwin)

This thread sees far too little traffic. The middle order is clearly in decline and should be booted as soon as possible. Although Rohit is doing well, age is not on his side, neither are injuries. So, we need to identify 14 batsmen in total (2 for each position) that should be made match ready in ~2 yrs from now. I believe that in the 7, we need at least two positions to consist of consolidators (not necessarily v. defensive players) and No. 5 should have the ability to play with the lower middle order and tail.

1 - Shaw/Easwaran (both are better against pace than spin IMO)
2 - Mayank/Padikkal (mayank is fairly good against spin, but not clear how much his game has progressed)
4/5 - KLR + Gill (Rahul is better suited in middle order IMO; both of them can play if we have 6 batsmen; if just one, Gill can be at 3 and Vihari can open)
5/6 - Sundar/??? (Sundar is the one I'd like to see groomed long-term; need to find a similar player)
6/7 - Pant/??? (although Pant has done well despite his failures in Eng, we do need a back-up; and the back-up must be a proper batsman-keeper who can play in top 6. kishan/samson are not convincing in the least)
7/8 - Jaddu/??? (I am not sure how well Jaddu can continue to take wkts abroad; his bowling has suffered somewhat; we need an AR who can play at 7 - thakur is better suited for 8, as is ashwin)
Play Jaddu as pure batsman as his technique is superior to others in team. Bat him at 5

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

Play Jaddu as pure batsman as his technique is superior to others in team. Bat him at 5

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

no, it is not a superior technique IMO. I am a jadeja fan but to say he has great technique is false. he is more of a vettori-type player. vettori had an avg of 40+ at 7 or 8 but it dropped sharply when he moved up the order. Jadeja is not a proper batsman (his 300s in Ranjis don't mean a great deal). he should play at 7, and perhaps at 6. not higher than that. to think that he is some reincarnation of smith, who went from being used as an AR to a pure batsman is not correct.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:46 AM, Vijy said:

Mayank game against seam swing is bad very bad, infact short ball isnt a strong point either which is of guys like KL n Rohit

Devdutt will do good in middle in red ball cricket

17 hours ago, anish2tweet said:

he also i dnt think is that great against fast bowling specially short stuff

But pretty good against spin

8 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

At this point Virat is most likely to keep LOI under his belt as captain than tests.

Rohit can start there. 

To be honest Rohit should do Test and ODI .. We should make someone younger like IYER the captain for the T20 team and drop Rohit and Virat both from T20I.

Virat will loose t20 captaincy if he fails in t20 Wc which he will

In test Rohit is finding his feet as batsman so let him be just a batsman

Iyer isnt a guarntee in t20 as a player to begin with

Rohit is such a good captain in LOI, that its our loss that he isnt captaining in LOI