Rishabh Pant performance watch thread

tweaker

4 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Poor man's Dhoni.
Atleast Dhoni did a lot for the team when at his peak.
Pant is already busy in social media marketing and behind the stump bakbak which ruined Dhoni This early in his career.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Dhoni ke time mein social media was not what it now.

When SM got big...dhoni got a bloody army of PR to work for him.:hysterical:

dhoni did when he was at peak..

Yeh bachcha to abhi abhi ande se nikla hai....

Kya girl, itni hate!!!

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Poor man's Dhoni.
Pant is already busy in social media marketing and behind the stump bakbak which ruined Dhoni This early in his career.

Dhoni used to get nightmares before traveling out of Asia

He too was at flaw at the start of his career behind the stumps

5 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Poor man's Dhoni.

Dhoni on his first tout to Australia - 0, 11, 2, 35, 19, 38, 16, 20 - 139 runs in 8 innings, average of 17. Add total 13 dismissals.

Pant in this test - 25 and 28, 53 runs and 11 dismissals. That 28 in 2nd innings was worth its weight in gold when Lyon looked like running through the lower order. 

Cut the 21 year old some slack. My prediction is he'll score a 100 on this tour, something Dhoni never did despite 3 tours to Australia.

When Pant dropped Lyon, got nervous whether the dropped catch would come to haunt India and Pant. Luckily for Pant, India won or else he would have been hounded.  As pointed out earlier, Pant commits early and was going the wrong way and had to adjust to catchup and missed the catch.  I suppose part and parcel of the learning curve for Pant

https://streamable.com/a7t9u

There is lot of scope of improvements in both facets of his game.

He made it easy for himself after he hit lyon for 18 in an over. Field was spread for him to milk singles easily.

Regarding keeping, he needs to avoid commiting early and be less fidgety. He is very atheletic, I see him taking great catches in future.

His shortcomings are just mental/inexperience.

WK will take at least one year of international cricket to become consistently up to scratch. He definitely has the athleticism required to do the job. Batting wise was very impressed today- saw that he also an accumulative aspect to his game. Until Kohli got out, he played almost chanceless cricket, turning over the strike with singles better than most of our top four batsmen. Only when he got stuck with a dud of a tail did he have to hit out and eventually got caught. 

WK will take at least one year of international cricket to become consistently up to scratch. He definitely has the athleticism required to do the job. Batting wise was very impressed today- saw that he also an accumulative aspect to his game. Until Kohli got out, he played almost chanceless cricket, turning over the strike with singles better than most of our top four batsmen. Only when he got stuck with a dud of a tail did he have to hit out and eventually got caught- otherwise looked good for at least a 50. 

Edited by mancalledsting
10 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

He has done well with just rare dropped catch, hasn't he. Runs wise too he has scored more than some of the batsmen. Think he has grabbed the test spot for few more series. Another kiddo doing really well :clap:

I think he has already taken most number of catches in aus by an Indian keeper and this is just the second test.

Fascinated to see how he bats tommorw

Techincal wise can he cope with pace onslaught?

Sold on him now

No doubts will infuriate, make us angry, spunk out with stupid shot, play stupid shot and get out at wrong moment (like 1 ball before close of play)  but over all will have his days and over all stats will be ok and improve.

Keeping wise lots to do but will get there.  Has good hands, good eyes and athletic, basics decent.  Just needs to setltle down and keep more

Batted much better today.  Showing signs of development?

No ugly hoicks to cow corner.  Played some power shots which were delicious but in the V and off side.  Much much better.  Hit one scintillatting straight drive of Starc.

Much better knock.  Just bascially needs to learn not to play those ugly hoicks and will be fine