Does Ind need a new captain?

zen

52 minutes ago, Vilander said:

No, but there are other needs that i can think of.

India needs better fans.

Icf needs more balanced posters.

Test cricket needs patience from players and those watching it....

But how can you advise others when most folks here are more knowledgeable and balanced :facepalm:

for e.g 

Better fans: better (and analytical) fans of team Ind (not individuals) would like to point out its deficiencies and help it to improve .... those who say Ind will win even if it needs 50 of the last ball are idiots / cheerleaders / pretenders / attention seekers / psychos 

Balanced posters: adding to the above unless always presenting unidimensional scenarios equals balance like your dumb assessenent that Eng will get bowled out for 120, Ind will score 400 in first inning, or whatever 

Be a good fan, stop jinxing team Ind 

:p:

Edited by zen

Cricket is one of the sports where decision taken on and off the field can impact the game. So captaincy can be evaluated based on decisions taken. It is not necessarily about wins or losses, because you can be a good captain even though your team is losing because of its makeup or a bad captain even if your team is winning 

My memories are vague but I used to like Mark Taylor’s captaincy. And even Martin Crowe’s in WC 1992 where NZ opened with Deepak Patel. Crowe had a good motivating influence on the team and also led from the front (became the player of the tournament iirc)

Edited by zen
5 hours ago, zen said:

Cricket is one of the sports where decision taken on and off the field can impact the game. So captaincy can be evaluated based on decisions taken. It is not necessarily about wins or losses, because you can be a good captain even though your team is losing because of its makeup or a bad captain even if your team is winning 

My memories are vague but I used to like Mark Taylor’s captaincy. And even Martin Crowe’s in WC 1992 where NZ opened with Deepak Patel. Crowe had a good motivating influence on the team and also led from the front (became the player of the tournament iirc)

I think captaincy is the most overrated things in cricket. There is no way a captain can make better decison than the coach and staff in the box. Cricket should have rotating captains with coach making the decision.

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think captaincy is the most overrated things in cricket. There is no way a captain can make better decison than the coach and staff in the box. Cricket should have rotating captains with coach making the decision.

That concept’s pros and cons can be evaluated later. Right now in Ind cricket, the captain is the key both on and off the field 

37 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

This is the first match where I actually felt like Kohli was a hopeless captain. I don't know where his trust in Ashwin came from, that he should allow him to bowl so many overs and underbowl the fast bowlers.

Hopefully a one-off match. 

I think kohli is using this to expose ashwin and get in kuldeep.

Worst test ever for ashwin unless we win this or ashwin plays a part in Indian win through his batting. 

But we don't need a new captain ? We need new openers and rahane to hit form overseas.

Pure test bats and bowlers should be given additional bonus to ensure they don't play IPL. 

8 hours ago, zen said:

:facepalm:

He is like the the guy whose one leg is on banana skin and other in a grave (near retirement)

He is ploting for opponents to fall by placing a banana skin and digging a grave with other leg, so that the opponents can get OUT quickly.

That's the captain we want... :aha: From captain cool to Captain Slayer. Rebirth of MS