India decriminalizes Homosexuality

Franco Vazquez

53 minutes ago, Moochad said:

You are lacking basic understanding of the issue here on the issue. Your entire argument comes down to an absurdity, a temporary change.   A temporary spike doesn't change the base levels of hormones, which are possibly totally genetic.  Athletes experience a temporary increase in testosterone levels after squatting. That doesn't change their baseline levels of testosterone. Stop squatting and the hormones will return to normal.  

In the context of this thread you are saying along the lines of, male drinks too much soy milk he turns gay because he has too much estrogen, until he stops drinking soy milk, where he will turn normal again. Yeah, that's not how this works.

A "hypothesis" that is very much in consideration among geneticists doesn't need validation because a "religious-minded" engineer finds it incompatible with his political beliefs. This is also a form of personal incredulity fallacy.   

You and mulo both are wasting your time.

IIRC mulo once told me he was a blank slatist or something along those lines. Here you are arguing for genetic determinism as a possibility which is anathema of blank slate ideologies. There is no way for the two to see eye to eye, and the posts will get more and more repetitive. It's better you or he stops. Just my opinion though :p:  

Edited by Tibarn

3 minutes ago, Tibarn said:

You and mulo both are wasting your time.

IIRC mulo once told me he was a blank slatist or something along those lines. Here you are arguing for genetic determinism as a possibility which is anathema of blank slate ideologies. There is no way for the two to see eye to eye, and the posts will get more and more repetitive. It's better you or he stops. Just my opinion though :p:  

Fair enough :p:

You are pretty interested in that genetic determinism stuff no?

47 minutes ago, MechEng said:

@Tibarn @Moochad  Indians have this knack of being a rebel, will aggressively support anything that's unconventional because it's a cool thing to do, of course without reflecting upon how the things they support will impact the value system. Will always be followers unlike Russia.

True Russia is a great example for that. I would like to be in a country which is developed and civilized but have anti-lgbt laws as opposed to country which is not doing well economically but have lgbt laws

52 minutes ago, MechEng said:

@Tibarn @Moochad  Indians have this knack of being a rebel, will aggressively support anything that's unconventional because it's a cool thing to do, of course without reflecting upon how the things they support will impact the value system. Will always be followers unlike Russia.

Whose value system?

Why do you believe your value system is better than others?

https://www.newsbytesapp.com/timeline/India/31370/139716/viral-post-of-mumbai-man-on-coming-out/amp/google

I am so Gay Today ( literally and figuratively ) as I am no longer a criminal. While I pen down my message, it’s my sincere request to share this message hoping it reaches to folks who are struggling within and also to their families. Please do not hesitate in sharing. If you hesitate, I lose. We lose!

Sexuality is a part of your identity and not your identity. Everyone takes their own time to accept themselves thereafter its a journey of self-awareness and owning your...

See More
41026172_10213351770493934_1552110196187

2 hours ago, MechEng said:

Indians go against the trend and support the unconventional. But also are followers. :phehe::phehe:

The cognitive dissonance is strong here.

Sadly these people can't debate the matter at hand so instead have now resolved into some circlejerk about how much smarter they are than everyone else. What a sad state of affairs

What have Russians achieved so far with their alleged well known "knack for leadership" that you seem to be so keen about?

17 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Indians go against the trend and support the unconventional. But also are followers. :phehe::phehe:

The cognitive dissonance is strong here.

Sadly these people can't debate the matter at hand so instead have now resolved into some circlejerk about how much smarter they are than everyone else. What a sad state of affairs

Reverse inferiority complex.

Over a decade ago, sitting a classroom we were discussing how discrimination against gays  was similar to slavery.  Slavery was eventually abolished and within a decade since that discussion, we are seeing more rights for gays, acceptance in the media, and changes in laws that accept same sex marriage in the west and slowly trickling to other places.   It was/is just a matter of time.  Even in the media, tv shows, movies, we have seen a rise in showing gays,etc.  Also, discriminating against gays is similar to discrimination against minorities.  If you are going to discriminate against gays, then it also sets a precedent for other minorities to be discriminated as well. 

Same sex marriage is the next step in India.

Assuming you're Indian, I think you do your fellow country men a disservice by saying that . And anyway follow who exactly? 

The posts above strengthen my point even further. I stated my opinion without attacking other's opinion (I specifically quoted Tibarn and Moochad for this), but here plenty seem to be upset with my opinion and target me for this.

Proselytization is the next step in India.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

The posts above strengthen my point even further. I stated my opinion without attacking other's opinion (I specifically quoted Tibarn and Moochad for this), but here plenty seem to be upset with my opinion and target me for this.

The posts above strengthen nothing but the fact that most 'educated' Indians who scoff at anything 'modern' and 'progressive' are actually the ones with no solid argument to back their statements and hence the tendency to obscure their arguments with random out-of-nowhere inserted technical jargons.

I mean proselytization really? Do you realize most Christians out there are some of the hardcore anti Gay crusaders? 

:facepalm:How thick can someone be .

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Aww it seems I hurt your feelings.  I was just making an observation. Continue with your circlejerk...

5 hours ago, MechEng said:

I don't agree about the Indians are followers portion of your posts, but I do find the shadow-boxing in this thread hilarious. From my experience passive-aggressive behavior is a sign of people unsure about what they are saying.  

This thread is getting absolutely juvenile. What's more telling is the lack of links here. I'm sure telling you and @Franco Vazquez how wrong you guys are, without supporting evidence, will convince you. Oh wait...

18 hours ago, beetle said:

You are right about the women's right part but that does not mean others rights should be ignored. 

377 is not just about men..

It effects women too. Lesbians  have the same issues that homosexual men face.

So this is a gender neutral issues.

This is called typical victim of propaganda.Do you even know what sec 377 was all about?